Is Razer Kraken a piece of s**t?

danixdlolz

I don't think you know what "generation" means if your 12 and I'm 24, we arn't in the same generation..

I'm 12, huh? I'm 21. You got that one backwards. Might need to go back to school for a little.

Clueless kid.

Go try some headphones. Then come back and apologize.

I've tried too many, that's why I posted here.

I hear there pretty good but they break often is this true

They do, but you'll get your use out of them, went through three of them, one of them the left mouse broke, one the middle wheel broke, and third I'm on.. I mean these were all within a 4-5 year span so not bad.. I guess.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

You have tried very few.

Deathadder, the abyssus was good on launch, orbweaver is great (not a mouse... but still) the naga is pretty nice. 

Deathadder is OK. Much better mice in terms of build quality for the same price from Steelseries, Logitech, etc.

Steelseries Kinzu is a much better Razer Abyssus as is the good old Wheel Mouse Optical.

Orbweaver is fine for those who want a numpad like that I suppose. Not too many things exist like that, it seems.

Naga is an interesting one. @TheProfosist owns one and I don't know if he still uses it (he has like 23942938742742309487 different mice) so he can comment better here. I have used one at Best Buy before and they feel solid, though they still haven't won me back as a potential customer based solely on their consistent reputation of building products that break at about 6 months of age.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'm 12, huh? I'm 21. You got that one backwards. Might need to go back to school for a little.

Well I feel sorry for you then. If you were 12 I could understand can't fix stupid your beyond repair... 

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Kraken 7.1 Chroma is what I have, I really do not know where all the hate comes from. They work great for me.

Well they work but for the price your paying isn't worth it.

Work? Yes. You will get sound from them. These also work http://www.beatsbydre.com/headphones/studio/white/900-00063.html

Lol ok, now I see where you're coming from. You're some anti-Apple/Razer-fanboy sorta guy. I'm not gonna argue with you, we both have our opinions and neither of us is going to agree with the other. No point in posting here anymore.

Deathadder is OK. Much better mice in terms of build quality for the same price from Steelseries, Logitech, etc.

Steelseries Kinzu is a much better Razer Abyssus as is the good old Wheel Mouse Optical.

Orbweaver is fine for those who want a numpad like that I suppose. Not too many things exist like that, it seems.

Naga is an interesting one. @TheProfosist owns one and I don't know if he still uses it (he has like 23942938742742309487 different mice) so he can comment better here. I have used one at Best Buy before and they feel solid, though they still haven't won me back as a potential customer based solely on their consistent reputation of building products that break at about 6 months of age.

I never said they were the best for the price. 

Lol ok, now I see where you're coming from. You're some anti-Apple/Razer-fanboy sorta guy. I'm not gonna argue with you, we both have our opinions and neither of us is going to agree with the other. No point in posting here anymore.

I guess he's an intelligent "sorta guy"

Apple makes some great laptops (with the exception of one port). They make great phones. They make great tablets. And franky, OSX is pretty nice. The "Trashcan" was quite good for the price when it came out, and was very very quiet. Razer makes great mice, and some decent keyboards, and some good premium laptops. I want their headphones to be anything less than garbage since the build quality and aesthetics are great, but they simply arent. 

You have tried very few.

Only 20 or so of the recent better ones (according to reviewers, including Linus..). Yeah, few compared to what there are in the world.

Well I feel sorry for you then. If you were 12 I could understand can't fix stupid your beyond repair... 

Stupid because I like Razer? Look how stupid you're acting. 

Well they work but for the price your paying isn't worth it.

What is considered "worth it" to you? 

Only 20 or so of the recent better ones (according to reviewers, including Linus..). Yeah, few compared to what there are in the world.

Pretty easy to lie on the internet. 

I guess he's an intelligent "sorta guy"

..in your opinion. 

Apple makes some great laptops (with the exception of one port). They make great phones. They make great tablets. And franky, OSX is pretty nice. The "Trashcan" was quite good for the price when it came out, and was very very quiet. Razer makes great mice, and some decent keyboards, and some good premium laptops. I want their headphones to be anything less than garbage since the build quality and aesthetics are great, but they simply arent. 

Agree with everything but the headphones part. Headphones can clearly get better, but IMO, they're worth the price.

Best value for money HyperX clouds 2 are just straight up better and priced cheaper hell I could even go for a headphone and mic combo for $90-$100. I mean I could get actual $300 headphones or Beats Studio 

..in your opinion. 

Agree with everything but the headphones part. Headphones can clearly get better, but IMO, they're worth the price.

At $90? I would consider them worth it at $40. At $60 you can get these:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SE-A1000-Over-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B0033PROOY

which sound roughly as good as HD 558s in my experience and in the experience of a few other forum-goers.

They are fairly comfortable once you make a few easy modifications.

Wait so if you had $100 to spend on a gaming headset or headset and mic combo you'd spend it on krakens? :huh:

More like stupid because you have no idea what your talking about and pretending like you do saying stuff like "Razer 7.1's are some of the top of the line headphones" which anyone with a brain knows simply isn't true, and misleading people who want a good headset. With something that has been known to be complete and utter garbage, which the more experienced members of the linus forums know to be true. We want to help the OP with what has been tried and tested to be good, and your misleading people with your lack of knowledge.

Have you ever used any other pair of headphones to compare with?

I have used the Logitech G35 Headset, a cheap old Fatality Headset from Creative back in 2009, and that's about it really. I use these ones just fine, and they are surround sound so I hear noises perfectly from 3, 6, 8 o clock you name it. If I can hear it, I can typically always tell the direction, so much so I've been accused of walling in CS GO.

So, the sound quality is fine, bassy? Maybe, but you can tweak that in Synapse.

If you're really that worried about them breaking buy a warranty for em from Micro Center. It's only 30 bucks more, and it lasts 2 years. But I must have the best luck in the world or something because I'v never had any of my death adders break yet, nor my blackwidow keyboard. I've only bought new ones recently because I was getting a new rig and the chroma just came out. Figured I'd spend my birthday cash on something you know? 

"Worth it," to me, means that I am getting what I paid for. If I pay $50+ on a mouse then it better be built well. Many, many reviews state how badly the mouse works after about 6 months of usage. Logitech has never failed me, for example, and I'm not afraid to spend the money on a nice G602 because I know it will last.

Listen, I don't like Razer, no, but I'm willing to admit when hate becomes stupidity. What you're doing is blindly following the "best gaming company ever" - and that is how they make so much money. Most of those people using Deathadders, Razer headsets, Blackwidows, etc in top-tier tournaments are sponsored. Most of the people using WMOs or Zowie mice are not.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I don't recommend you get any headset. A headset for 100 dollars is usually about as good quality and performance wise as a 5 dollar mic glued to 40 dollar headphones.

That most likely goes for the HyperX Clouds 2 as well (although I haven't used them or seen any frequency response curves for them, but it's a pretty safe bet).

I don't know which headphones under 100 dollars are good or bad, but if I were you I'd listen to the people recommending separate headphones and mics. In 99.9% of the cases you end up with a better setup that way.

They are comfortable, but the sound is shit.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I don't recommend you get any headset. A headset for 100 dollars is usually about as good quality and performance wise as a 5 dollar mic glued to 40 dollar headphones.

That most likely goes for the HyperX Clouds 2 as well (although I haven't used them or seen any frequency response curves for them, but it's a pretty safe bet).

I don't know which headphones under 100 dollars are good or bad, but if I were you I'd listen to the people recommending separate headphones and mics. In 99.9% of the cases you end up with a better setup that way.

The clouds are pretty much the average $50 headphones with a $20 mic. Although the pioneer se a1000's are available at $60 so....