Is Razer Kraken a piece of s**t?

danixdlolz

Well you read it. I REALLY like the looks of the Kraken, but I've heard that they are not as good and comfortable as they claim to be. What would you recommend? I'm planning on buying a pair of new headphones cause my actual ones suck.

Well you read it. I REALLY like the looks of the Kraken, but I've heard that they are not as good and comfortable as they claim to be. What would you recommend? I'm planning on buying a pair of new headphones cause my actual ones suck.

Kinda, yeah.

They are comfortable, in my opinion, but kinda sound like garbage. (in my experience)

Here are the iterations that linus has reviewed, the black and forged. 

No they aren't. I use them for hours straight without issues. Have had mine for over 6 months.

Kinda, yeah.

They are comfortable, in my opinion, but kinda sound like garbage. (in my experience)

Sound like garbage compared to what?

Kinda, yeah.

The 7.1s are the best.

Well, they are garbage compared to what Sennheiser, Bose etc. have to offer.

There pretty garbage.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

No they aren't. I use them for hours straight without issues. Have had mine for over 6 months.

How's the sound quality? Also, are they the Kraken Pro, 7.1, or just Kraken?

Sound like garbage compared to what?

What I have used (some more extensively than others): Sennheiser 558, Sennheiser 518, Sennheiser PC360, ATH M50s, Pioneer SE-A1000's, ATH M30x's, HyperX Clouds, D770, G930's (like 4 pairs).

@Fluffinator @Sumsar So they're not worth it?

Not at all get something like clouds, there not the best but miles away from krakens.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

How's the sound quality? Also, are they the Kraken Pro, 7.1, or just Kraken?

7.1. Sound quality is really great for the price. I don't think the Pro or normal version is worth it, just the 7.1.

The 7.1s are the best.

They really aren't good... If you NEED 7.1 grab normal headphones and do virtual 7.1. 

Not at all get something like clouds, there not the best but miles away from krakens.

What I have used: Sennheiser 558, Sennheiser 518, Sennheiser PC360, ATH M50s, Pioneer SE-A1000's, ATH M30x's, HyperX Clouds.

Have either of you even tried the Krakens to speak against them?

The 7.1s are the best.

In what world? You obviously haven't used many good headsets..

7.1. Sound quality is really great for the price. I don't think the Pro or normal version is worth it, just the 7.1.

Okay... You really don't know what you're talking about if you think that the sound quality is great for the price.

They really aren't good... If you NEED 7.1 grab normal headphones and do virtual 7.1. 

It's just that I REALLY love the looks of Razer,

What I have used: Sennheiser 558, Sennheiser 518, Sennheiser PC360, ATH M50s, Pioneer SE-A1000's, ATH M30x's, HyperX Clouds.

What would you say is the best from the ones you mentioned.

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

The build quality is like some cheap $20-$30 and they don't sound good for the price the 7.1 are worth ~$40-$50 and the pro and neons just are not worth it.

Edit: $15 

41YtUvh9CLL._SY450_.jpg

It's just that I REALLY love the looks of Razer,

Their aesthetics are subjectively great. If you are willing to trade sound quality for aesthetics then go for it.

Have either of you even tried the Krakens to speak against them?

I have them, it's in my closet. I got them ebfore I got into real audio and man, was I naive. They honesly suck, the reason I switched was because they made my ears hot and gave me headaches because they were so uncomfrtable, I then upgraded to Astro A40's, ATH-M50x then to a DT 990. Never going back ever..

What would you say is the best from the ones you mentioned.

The HD 558's and the Pioneer SE-A1000's, although the SE-A1000's need a couple modifications to be comfy for most people, I will find the guides that @ShearMe mentioned in his review of them. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/70517-comparison-pioneer-se-a1000-vs-audio-technica-ath-ad500x/

I got one for my birthday 2 years ago and it was one of the worst purchase i have ever made.It's so uncomfortable for me to use because round and small ear cup design made it almost impossible for me to wear them longer then an hour max. They sound pretty bad and the mic is not that great also. I sell mine after a week of using it and bought a hd 558 instead it's league better then the kraken in everyway.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Their aesthetics are subjectively great. If you are willing to trade sound quality for aesthetics then go for it.

Thanks for understanding that some people shop for aesthetics instead of hating on me for being "ignorant". Thanks m8