Good 1080p Monitor?

TheModMonster

Hello! I was just looking around, and thought I could get a new monitor. What is just a good monitor for around $180? (Cheaper the better). Here is my requirements.

Here is my current monitor:

HP W2071D

Specs:

Size: 20"

Resolution: 900 x 1600 (not full 1080p)

Contrast Ratio: 3,000,000:1

Inputs: DVID and VGA

Refresh Rate: 60Hz

This is what I am looking for:

Size: 19-22"

Resolution: 1080 x 1920 (full 1080p)

Inputs: HDMI or Displayport

Refresh Rate: 60Hz (It looks alright for me)

My current monitor does the thing where when I am in a dark room it gets these grey/black blotches. So annoying. Is 75Hz worth it? They are a lot more expensive! I think it would be nice if the monitor didn't have huge borders on it. Thanks.

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

I dont have any personal experience with anything over 60hz however i just purchased a Dell U2414H, its a 24" matte IPS panel with really thin bezels for around $220 on amazon. If thats out of your price range they also have a glossy panel the Dell S2415H which has all the same specs for around $190. :)   

I dont have any personal experience with anything over 60hz however i just purchased a Dell U2414H, its a 24" matte IPS panel with really thin bezels for around $220 on amazon. If thats out of your price range they also have a glossy panel the Dell S2415H which has all the same specs for around $190. :)   

That is cool, but I that is out of my budget. Its a bit big as well. I was looking more in the 21" 

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

What kind of dollars are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm still considering to get one of this.

Philips 224E5Q

LG 22MP67HQ

Both range on $150-160, 1080p, IPS Panel, and HDMI Ports.

why considering? because I still have 3 working monitors.

I am thinking about the Asus VK228H-CSM or the Asus VX228H. Which one is better. The VK228H has quiet speakers with a 1MP webcam, and the VX228H has a loud speakers and no webcam. Which one would you get? I need speakers. 

@Blebekblebek

@WoodenMarker

PS I am using USD

since you already have option why not go with the one you want the most?

altough I don't recomend build-in webcam. Good luck.

I don't know which one is best. I am asking for opinions. Whats yours? I don't think the camera is TOO bad because it is 1MP. My laptop is a .3MP and its GREAT, but its certainly gets the job done. I don't really ever use a webcam nor built-in speakers. The only time I use speakers is when I want to show someone a video, but I have Kraken Headphones. I wont use the webcam much either. If I don't get a webcam built-in I will never get one. They cost $70 for a decent one. Which you prefer?

Would those Acer monitors Newegg sells for cheap work?

I don't always use Vessel.... but when I do, it's because of Scrapyard Wars.

Would those Acer monitors Newegg sells for cheap work?

Which ones?

The samsung S24D590L is a good PLS (Samsung IPS variant) 60 Hz monitor with slim bezels. Although it is only 23.6inch so a bit off your requirement. The only issue is if you pick up one with dead pixels like I did and had to replace same day. 

The samsung S24D590L is a good PLS (Samsung IPS variant) 60 Hz monitor with slim bezels. Although it is only 23.6inch so a bit off your requirement. The only issue is if you pick up one with dead pixels like I did and had to replace same day. 

Yeah, i don't like 24" monitors. If I got that I would have to get a 1440p one. I want atleast a 100PPI. My current one is 90PPI. But I am mainly getting a new one because I want Full 1080p for a bit higher resolution, OCD, built-in speakers, and my current one only has a 600:1 Contrast Ratio, I want on with a STATIC Contrast Ratio of 1000:1. 

Anyone else have an opinion?

I'd suggest going with a decent IPS panel: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umqg6aa001

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'd suggest going with a decent IPS panel: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umqg6aa001

That is cool. Thanks.