closing of future shop and best buy stores

KennethChow

Probably more $$ for NCIX but NewEgg is their arch rival which may even hog the competition even more with BestBuy out of the way.

well I am talking primarily local. because best buy and future shop still have online stores. but in terms of local options one less future shop and best buy is more for ncix and memory xpress

Online Retialers like Newegg and Amazon just operate Warehouses, so its cheaper. They dont have to pay for all the store expenses and employe that many people. Its going to suck for the states. Michigan requires you to report online purchases, more so if its over $1000. Ok Ill report $1000 of my $1500 purchase, how the hell will they know. I think eventually Online retailers will have to collect sales tax because I know for a fact that many people wont report any online purchases to the states who collect sales tax.

I feel sorry for the workers epically here in metro Detroit if any of these stores close because the job market isnt that great here yet. Its getting better but still not that great.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I have only ever shopped at Best Buy a few times and only bought stuff on a ridiculous sale. Every time I would enter one I would see multitudes of employs standing around doing very little. Over hiring and Jacking up prices so you can no longer compete is a terrible business model. Competition is always a good thing I hope they can figure it out before they collapse.