Gaming Headphones for a Friend

BaconComputing

So, I have a friend who is currently rocking a really cheap-o crappy headset, and is looking to buy a new one. He owns a Blue Yeti, but for some reason wants to get the Astro A40 headset. He says he is in a secluded environment, so I'm assuming open headphones would be best for him. In the $150 range, what open headphones would be good for him?

Good headphone options include the sennheiser 518/558 and audio technica ad500x/700x/900x. A good mic would be a zalman clip on mic, a blue snowball, or a modmic 4.0.

So, I have a friend who is currently rocking a really cheap-o crappy headset, and is looking to buy a new one. He owns a Blue Yeti, but for some reason wants to get the Astro A40 headset. He says he is in a secluded environment, so I'm assuming open headphones would be best for him. In the $150 range, what open headphones would be good for him?

so

take two cans

poke ONE hole on the bottom of each

attack string

plug in string to pc

DONE

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816027

If he owns a blue yeti, he doesn't need a mic, so maybe get a DT 770-990 or ATH-M50x.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

If he owns a blue yeti, he doesn't need a mic, so maybe get a DT 770-990 or ATH-M50x.

dt 770 and m50 are crap for fps gaming,

still dont understand why people recommend them

dt 770 and m50 are crap for fps gaming,

still dont understand why people recommend them

In what world? how would a dt 770 be crap for fps gaming? reasons? Just because it has "gaming" on it doesn't mean it's better for playing games, good headphones are better then any "gaming headset"..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

In what world? how would a dt 770 be crap for fps gaming? reasons? Just because it has "gaming" on it doesn't mean it's better for playing games, good headphones are better then any "gaming headset"..

lol I have dt 770s and had m50s they have horrible positioning

whats with this gaming shit no one said shit about it

lol I have dt 770s and had m50s they have horrible positioning

whats with this gaming shit no one said shit about it

Your ears or probably broken, or you haven't actually owned these headsets.. it's pretty convenient that the two headsets I name you happen to have both of them -_-..

Your ears or probably broken, or you haven't actually owned these headsets.. it's pretty convenient that the two headsets I name you happen to have both of them -_-..

lol

had m50s they are long gone sold them off cuz they horrible, guess they ok for music

potato pic of 770s and some of my others sry just turned around with crappy phone camera

4ClH1sA.jpg

@pas008 probably just you then, at this price range, it would be hard to find better.. I live stream and play CSGO which is a fps game and think they are great, and the only problem is with the game audio itself never my headphones.

@pas008 probably just you then, at this price range, it would be hard to find better.. I live stream and play CSGO which is a fps game and think they are great, and the only problem is with the game audio itself never my headphones.

I am familiar with the issues that CSGO sound presents... It could also have been an issue from digital surround stuff? (for pas008's issue with them, I mean)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

dont have an issue with them they are horrible for fps gaming compared to many others, they are lacking in positional sound

hence why I said

"dt 770 and m50 are crap for fps gaming,

still dont understand why people recommend them"

fluffinator posts for help here weeks later becomes expert lol

fluffinator posts for help here weeks later becomes expert lol

That's uncalled for. Some of us know quite a bit about certain areas of audio, and not much about other areas, and you'd be surprised at how much a person can learn in a few weeks with the advent of the internet. No need to be rude about someone who may be relatively new to the scene that's just trying to help. If they work well for him, then they work well. Just because they don't work for you does not mean that they won't work for everyone.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

That's uncalled for. Some of us know quite a bit about certain areas of audio, and not much about other areas, and you'd be surprised at how much a person can learn in a few weeks with the advent of the internet. No need to be rude about someone who may be relatively new to the scene that's just trying to help. If they work well for him, then they work well. Just because they don't work for you does not mean that they won't work for everyone.

^also I never said I was a expert

pointing out the truth is not rude

and its like you 2 have no comprehension, they work well, there are better options for fps gaming/positional audio,

^also I never said I was a expert

then why argue one side, and state my ears are broken

I am sure many others will tell you the same thing there are many better options for fps gaming, I'd take superlux 681/668b over dt770 gaming wise any day of the week at 1/3 price and buy new earcups