Question About Virtual Machines

justinfields

If I were to install a Linux OS for free, then download the Windows 10 Technical Preview and run that on a Virtual Machine, what would my experience be like?  Would I experience a lot of lag, such as in games, and slower network speeds?

PC SPECS: CPU: Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition│GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 4GB(soon!)│MBO: Asus Z97-A │PSU: Rosewill 550w Fully-Modular │CASE: Deepcool TESSERACT SW

There is a lot of lag in games, I don't think your internet experience will be affected, the reason being is that a virtual machine/box cannot utilize all your GPU power, because the original OS (the OS you are using to run the virtual machine on) will need it to run the virtual machine.

I used Oracle's VM software and the highest amount of video memory you can use is like 256MB or something like that, and the 3D acceleration is pretty bad.

I wouldn't suggest using it for gaming, or anything like that, unless you have some VM software that can utilize all your GPUs performance.

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

Don't run it from a Vm if you're gonna do it. Actually boot into it so it can utilize all you're system resources.