How to Paint a Scarlett 2i2 (with Plastidip)

Hello Everyone!

So I really have enjoyed using my Scarlett 2i2, and really have had very few complaints excpet for one thing. The colour. Not that it is bad, but it really didn't suit my setup colour, so I decided to do something about it.

I decided to use Plastidip to paint my 2i2, so if it didn't turn out that well or I wanted to go back to the red on the brushed aluminium, then I could easily remove it, but I have to admit I am happy with the result.

Here is my video tutorial of how to paint it, and I will also post a couple of pictures of how it turned out. 

post-40814-0-91439300-1431943562_thumb.j

post-40814-0-64228100-1431943570_thumb.j

Thanks for reading, and hope you learn from my mistakes if you decide to paint your own 2i2!

Only thing I have to say is you should get a wiremold to hide those cables. Would look a lot cleaner overall

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Only thing I have to say is you should get a wiremold to hide those cables. Would look a lot cleaner overall

you must have constant neck pain with the monitor that high ....

Yeah, the wires do stick out a bit, and it is a little high, but I don't have too much issue with it, typing out all my thoughts would take a while so take a look at this video for my thoughts on it and why it is that high. However, I will be moving very soon, and will be moving it down to a more normal angle when I have moved, and will be re-vamping my setup.

Aww but its so pretty in red :(

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Aww but its so pretty in red :(

Yeah, I did like it in Red, but it just didn't fit. I did do it in plastidip so if I feel the lomging for the brushed aluminium again then I can easily just remove it.

• 1 year later...

Hey,

I saw your video. If you're unhappy with the paint job you can find a broken 2i2 on eBay for around 10 dollars and use the shell.