If money isn't a factor what headphones?

Guest Console Peasant
Go to solution Solved by SSL,

honestly I don't see the point of ultra expensive on-ear headphones. 

by the time you drop 2k on the cans and another 1k on the amp aren't you just better off with a proper 5.1/7.1 or even a stereo system?

high-end IEMs on the other hand...

Probably not, although I would question the logic that ultra expensive anything has a point.

Didn't even read post..

arent they on ears?

arent they on ears?

Well, the fact that you don't know M50x is over-ear/circumaural means you've never tried/held one, and got minimum knowledge of it. If that's the case, why would you suggest that in the first place?

Certainly wouldn't mind a HD800 or maybe LCD-XC...
What portable earphones to wear outside you say? Well I would love to get a ciem - don't have a clue which one since they've been far to expensive for me to even look at so far!

Case Define r3 CPU 3930k GPU EVGA GTX 780 RAM 16GB Vengeance PSU Corsair HX750W SSD Samung 840 Evo 500GB + Corsiar Force 120GB + Samsung 840 250GB HDD 2x WD Blue 1TB + Seagate 2TB Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor Asus MG279 Headphones Sennheiser HD700 + Beyerdynamic T51p + Sennheiser ie80 Microphone Rode Podcaster  DAC/Amp Denon DA-USB300 + Schiit Valhalla 

Well, the fact that you don't know M50x is over-ear/circumaural means you've never tried/held one, and got minimum knowledge of it. If that's the case, why would you suggest that in the first place?

Well Ive just heard really good about it.

Well Ive just heard really good about it.

and you also have no idea what your talking about so why bother? and recommend something you heard something about, but know nothing about?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Certainly wouldn't mind a HD800 or maybe LCD-XC...

What portable earphones to wear outside you say? Well I would love to get a ciem - don't have a clue which one since they've been far to expensive for me to even look at so far!

Well, companies like 1964 ears have very high quality entry level ciems, generally starting at around 400 usd. If that's still too much to stomach, cosmicears makes a pair for around 200 (I think) but it only has a single balanced armature, in which case you might as well get a decent universal dynamic driver. Remember also that if you have a some universals (like from shure or westone, you can get custom sleeves for them by companies like sensaphonics, which gives you the custom comfort for a much lower price (especially if you already own the unoversals.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

diamond beats headphones just cause they worth alot of dosh, so i'd sell them buy a motorbike buy some ATH-M50x's and be done with it. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Audeze LCD-3s

diamond beats headphones just cause they worth alot of dosh, so i'd sell them buy a motorbike buy some ATH-M50x's and be done with it.

Does anyone actually read posts anymore? Neither of you posted anything relevant, as the op wanted on ear. But clearly nobody reads the first post anymore.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Does anyone actually read posts anymore? Neither of you posted anything relevant, as the op wanted on ear. But clearly nobody reads the first post anymore.

No need to be a smart ass, as beats make on ear headphones.....

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

HiFiMAN HE-1000 + HiFiMAN EF-1000

You are done for life, many say they are even better than STAX

And if you wan't on ear, you are crazy, and mazochist.

(BTW these aren't quite out yet, they will be around 6000$)

For On ear headphones

Buy a Snicker bar floating in space.

HiFiMAN HE-1000 + HiFiMAN EF-1000

You are done for life, many say they are even better than STAX

And if you wan't on ear, you are crazy, and mazochist.

(BTW these aren't quite out yet, they will be around 6000$)

I'm not convinced that it'll be better than whatever I have now simply because it's more expensive.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I'm not convinced that it'll be better than whatever I have now simply because it's more expensive.

500x1000px-LL-072cf1ee_FangSister.jpeg

If they throw in the girl to the deal, it's better....period....

500x1000px-LL-072cf1ee_FangSister.jpeg

If they throw in the girl to the deal, it's better....period....

Well, I do have a soft spot for Asian girls...  :)

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

No need to be a smart ass, as beats make on ear headphones.....

I am VERY well aware of that. The reason you got the reply you did is that the diamond beats were not the on ear versions, and the ATH-M50X is NOT an on ear headphone. Therefore, your answer was not helpful, and clearly, you didn't read the original post.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Man... I'll probably fall on the low end here, but I'd probably still go with Sennhesier HD650s with a very nice Woo Audio amp, and a high end DAC that won't look too stupid on my desk.  I doubt I could justify higher end headphones based on my hearing and sources. 

Man... I'll probably fall on the low end here, but I'd probably still go with Sennhesier HD650s with a very nice Woo Audio amp, and a high end DAC that won't look too stupid on my desk. I doubt I could justify higher end headphones based on my hearing and sources.

Why waste so much money on "high end" source equipment which does nothing?

Why waste so much money on "high end" source equipment which does nothing?

For the looks.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

For the looks.

Please, I'd go valhalla 2 with bifrost for looks

Please, I'd go valhalla 2 with bifrost for looks

Well, the massive glass cover that the WA7 has is pretty impressive.

Hey! New SIgnature!