TSA Thought my GPU was a bomb

docterkiwi

you should have started using big complex words to confuse them even more , and complained about static discharge and how itll destroy the vga 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

'Murica.

Honestly that is one of the reasons I'd settle with Canada (even though France would be nice®, though they might be making that shift from pretty chill to like UK/US levels of "Peek-a-boo, you best not be doing something we don't like.") It's ridiculous how like US media (and maybe even British media) portrays all Muslims as vile people just because a small few do commit terrible crimes against those similar and dissimilar to themselves. From sheer experience I know this is not true and it's honestly depressing that a fairly large portion of the US and other places view a group of people that way. Granted I'm an Agnostic Atheist, it's just really annoying how people don't set aside differences and get to know someone different than themselves and live in pure arrogance and ignorance of their ways. 9 times out of 10 I bet you that if someone who was against marriage equality for same sex couples had a family member or loved one who was gay, I'm sure that person who was anti-marriage equality would see that this family member or this loved one isn't a deviant or an evil person. They're just different than oneself and that these differences should not be suppressed but accepted and maybe even celebrated. Another reason Canada seems attractive - The acceptance of difference and the celebration of difference. Whereas in the states, if you're not 100% like the rest of us then you don't deserve to be here.  But I think I sort of took this a tad bit off topic, so I do apologise for that. [Also I know I'm using the "real" way of spelling things not the awkward "American" way. (I.E I spell "Gray" - "Grey" though I do prefer "Gris")

I hope you realize the Canada is only about 7 years behind you in terms of stupid laws. We are following and have worse. In seven years Canada will be worse than the US today. Personally I'd rather a building or two blow up or someone get shot than have the majority of citizens lose their privacy and many of their rights. Majority wins so minor losses are okay with me.

I hope you realize the Canada is only about 7 years behind you in terms of stupid laws. We are following and have worse. In seven years Canada will be worse than the US today. Personally I'd rather a building or two blow up or someone get shot than have the majority of citizens lose their privacy and many of their rights. Majority wins so minor losses are okay with me.

Guessing that's mostly Harper's responsibility for just being all like "eh the US has some stupid laws let's adapt those laws for our own use even if the majority of Canada might not like it."

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Did you test it yet?

Currently im on a plane, but i will hopefully this week. I am worried.

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

Guessing that's mostly Harper's responsibility for just being all like "eh the US has some stupid laws let's adapt those laws for our own use even if the majority of Canada might not like it."

Pretty much exactly that.

speaking about paraniod rules....

come on? didn't on of these people react like "ohh it's a GPU, that aint dangerous"? sad world

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Wow I would have flipped on them for bending/breaking something.

Haha! That's the last thing you'd want to do. TSA takes themselves pretty seriously. They're kind of the airport Nazi's. They say jump; you ask how high... or you're in for, at best, a very long wait.

Haha! That's the last thing you'd want to do. TSA takes themselves pretty seriously. They're kind of the airport Nazi's. They say jump; you ask how high... or you're in for, at best, a very long wait.

Seems they have head up ass disease lol  

ALLAHU NVIDIA

Lulz guaranteed

Really? You going to make fun of my Religion?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Yeah, sue them if they fried your 770 when they touched it xD.

Really? You going to make fun of my Religion?

Don't take things too seriously on the Internet, you should already know that  :P.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Now just imagine what they would've done had you walked in with a liquid cooler.  Man, I really hope your card works.

If your card broke, can't you sue them for breaking a 200-300 dollar card? That's clearly NOT a bomb...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

hah even me as an arab that got searched multiple times by the TSA has not had them think computer parts were a bomb although they did think my 5kg of hotwheels were a bomb

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

hah even me as an arab that got searched multiple times by the TSA has not had them think computer parts were a bomb although they did think my 5kg of hotwheels were a bomb

That's what you get for not having Matchbox cars. Hot Wheels are the toys of Communists. Matchbox cars are the toys of little Patriots!

Really though, how in the hell could 5kg of Hot Wheels be seen as a bomb..? "Oh sh*t! There's like 500 wheel-like things on cast-iron shells! They're mobile bombs!"

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

That's what you get for not having Matchbox cars. Hot Wheels are the toys of Communists. Matchbox cars are the toys of little Patriots!

Really though, how in the hell could 5kg of Hot Wheels be seen as a bomb..? "Oh sh*t! There's like 500 wheel-like things on cast-iron shells! They're mobile bombs!"

they were carryon so they must have looked wierd in teh scanner

also it was a mixture of matchbox and hot wheels 8 year old me does not have the best memory xD

also I am a communist not kidding

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I would have politely asked them what the point of fans on a bomb would be,

i wanted to say something smart but didn't want to cause more "static" with the tsa wanna be soldiers

If your card broke, can't you sue them for breaking a 200-300 dollar card? That's clearly NOT a bomb...

it would not be worth it i don't think

If I ever carry an electronic with me to the airport, I will ALWAYS have the product manual. 

And one question... WHY THE HELL WOULD A BOMB HAVE A FAN???

ALLAHU NVIDIA

Lulz guaranteed

It's three in the morning here, please dont make me wake my parents hahahaha

That was my first thought.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So how did you explain to them what it was?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!