Good 1440p gaming monitors?

I'm Batman

my only concern is GTX780 i hope it will be able to handle stuff at high for some years like 3 will be epic? (i cant go any lower it is a personal thing if  i cant play a game on at least high... im not playing that game)

For a good year, you'll be able to play most games maxxed, with some sillly games like Metro and Crysis making it sweat, after two years you'll still be able to play on high.

Personally, I'm going to try and get two GTX 780's if I have the money :S

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

What panel does the ASUS PB278Q use? 6 bit or 8 bit?

What's the difference between Dell U2713HM and 2713H? Which is better?

PB278Q is 6-bit with AFRC

U2713HM is 8-bit, and the U2713H is an 8-bit with AFRC for 10-bit color support (1.07B colors).  It also uses a GB-LED backlight (as opposed to most monitors with WLED) to give it the capability of displaying the additional colors, up to 99% AdobeRGB color gamut.  In addition it supports DisplayPort daisy chaining (up to 2 at that resolution at 60Hz).  The main benefit is the increase color capabilities though, for professional uses.

So... which one Dell U2713HM or Asus PB278Q ?  (for gaming will that 8ms make so much diffrence compared to 5 ms?)

sorry i edited this too much cuz if i post again iget warning points..

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I would honestly get the PB278Q because i prefer to have true colors and amazing picture quality. With all these new game engines being used on games now I like to see all my games in their full glory. That being said if you like to play a lot of fps games and feel you would like to have more than 60hz then that is when you get a 120hz monitor. However you will be sacrificing the great image quality as well as great viewing angles that an IPS or PLS panel provide since you will have to get a TN panel for 120hz.[/quote

im sorry but i cant stand that people always say that, dont get me wrong the colours are great on ips,

but viewing angles? Cmon lol u sit right infront of ure monitor and not in a angle ore a side -_-

There seems to be a few reports of a number of issues with the U2713HM panels.

Dells warranty is pretty excellent (keep the monitor while the send you a new one) if you happen to get a dud but you still might want to wait for newer revisions to come out that fix the issues.

There seems to be a few reports of a number of issues with the U2713HM panels.

Dells warranty is pretty excellent (keep the monitor while the send you a new one) if you happen to get a dud but you still might want to wait for newer revisions to come out that fix the issues.

and when will that happen?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

I'm Batman, on 19 Jul 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

and when will that happen?

Probably a few months, maybe less. You'd probably have too check forums to see if people are getting new revisions, or you might get the info if you call Dell. So not ideal. Though with the fault reports you'd want to hope Dell are trying to fix it ASAP.

You could try your luck with the current stock, it's probably a small percentage (but still greater than baseline) that have problems. I'm pretty sure Dell will keep replacing them until you're get one that's 100% fine if you do happen to get a fault.

Otherwise maybe just go with the Asus.

Probably a few months, maybe less. You'd probably have too check forums to see if people are getting new revisions, or you might get the info if you call Dell. So not ideal. Though with the fault reports you'd want to hope Dell are trying to fix it ASAP.

You could try your luck with the current stock, it's probably a small percentage (but still greater than baseline) that have problems. I'm pretty sure Dell will keep replacing them until you're get one that's 100% fine if you do happen to get a fault.

Otherwise maybe just go with the Asus.

what is the issue with it?

From what I've read; backlight bleed, a buzzing noise and cross hatching seem to be more common than they should be.

I probably wouldn't risk it at this point in time, unless you are prepared and don't mind to possibly go through a few replacements to get one without fault.

From what I've read; backlight bleed, a buzzing noise and cross hatching seem to be more common than they should be.

I probably wouldn't risk it at this point in time, unless you are prepared and don't mind to possibly go through a few replacements to get one without fault.

i will be building the system in a mounth if they dont say anything about the new monitor i will roll the dice if they do i might wait it .

well you said it yourself it is a small percentage, i dont think i will have to replace it more than once :) or maybe i will get a fine one in the first go :P

, i dont think i will have to replace it more than once :)

Some people have needed to.

Though, again, it's the people that get a dud that speak up, those that get a perfect one generally don't say a word.

Backlight bleed is an issue on any IPS panel people have problems like that with the Asus pbb278q. If you get a rev. 2 Dell U2713HM it seems they have upped the Q/C and monitor issues with rev. 2 are a lot lower. I never looked at which revision I got, but I've never had any of those problems for months.

Backlight bleed is an issue on any IPS panel people have problems like that with the Asus pbb278q. If you get a rev. 2 Dell U2713HM it seems they have upped the Q/C and monitor issues with rev. 2 are a lot lower. I never looked at which revision I got, but I've never had any of those problems for months.

You sure you aren't confusing backlight bleed with IPS glow?

IPS glow is only visible in areas that you view on an angle (so you'll see it in the corners if you're viewing the monitor normally). Backlight bleed is there regardless of angle.

You sure you aren't confusing backlight bleed with IPS glow?

IPS glow is only visible in areas that you view on an angle (so you'll see it in the corners if you're viewing the monitor normally). Backlight bleed is there regardless of angle.

I meant in the sense of it can happen to any IPS monitor. When I was deciding between the asus and dell monitor the asus was suffering from yellow backlight issues and dead pixels.

I meant in the sense of it can happen to any IPS monitor. When I was deciding between the asus and dell monitor the asus was suffering from yellow backlight issues and dead pixels.

Oh right, yes true.

Oh right, yes true.

1440p monitors are such pain. They are overpriced, have issues with backlight bleed, dead pixels, and etc., but are totally worth it.

1440p monitors are such pain. They are overpriced, have issues with backlight bleed, dead pixels, and etc., but are totally worth it.

They can only get better I suppose and with 4K emerging they'll have to go down in price.

They can only get better I suppose and with 4K emerging they'll have to go down in price.

I hope it becomes the new 1080p it's such a big difference.

I would recommend looking into the Overlord Tempest. I haven't seen one, but it is one I am considering myself once I save up for it. The Tempest OC line of displays are use A grade IPS panels from LG, single DVI with no on screen display for minimum input lag, and a board which allows for overclocking. Some might not overclock as far, but it sounds like most people get 96-120Hz. Some of the box openings and reviews on youtube and elsewhere online seem to be of an earlier model. The newer ones have a slightly different frame (pictures look extremely similar to the Monoprice monitor) and a sturdier stand that allows for height adjustment, and rotation of monitor for vertical use. And they carry a 1-year warranty.

I would really like to see Linus or Logan (tek syndicate) get one of these monitors for review so I can hear an opinion of someone that I am familiar with and find reputable.

I would recommend looking into the Overlord Tempest. I haven't seen one, but it is one I am considering myself once I save up for it. The Tempest OC line of displays are use A grade IPS panels from LG, single DVI with no on screen display for minimum input lag, and a board which allows for overclocking. Some might not overclock as far, but it sounds like most people get 96-120Hz. Some of the box openings and reviews on youtube and elsewhere online seem to be of an earlier model. The newer ones have a slightly different frame (pictures look extremely similar to the Monoprice monitor) and a sturdier stand that allows for height adjustment, and rotation of monitor for vertical use. And they carry a 1-year warranty.

I would really like to see Linus or Logan (tek syndicate) get one of these monitors for review so I can hear an opinion of someone that I am familiar with and find reputable.

not avaiable here :(

You can't have a true over clock on an IPS panel. The liquid in the panel is too slow so you are essentially seeing false frames. If you could have a 120hz IPS screen don't you think a vendor like asus would have done this by now?

im basicly asking should i buy asus pb278q or a samsung s23a700d (for only gaming)

consider asus pb278q beign so expensive too pls :P

I would go with a 120Hz 1080p monitor, especially if you're going to be playing fps games. The 780 will easily play games at around 120 fps, so it will make the experience so much better and more fluid.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I would go with a 120Hz 1080p monitor, especially if you're going to be playing fps games. The 780 will easily play games at around 120 fps, so it will make the experience so much better and more fluid.

that question expired im going with dell 2713hm