AMD FX-8350 with a GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard? (need help)

MaddMattAU

Hey guys, I was just wondering if the FX-8350 would be OK to pair with the GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard?

I'd have a R9 280x with the build, but I do not plan to overclock, I just want it as a gaming machine, and I am really keen to make a build using the BitFenix Prodigy M.

Thanks in advance.

I've read somewhere that it works, though I think the board only supports sata2.

Your better off going something like a i5 4590 and a h97 mATX board

Hey guys, I was just wondering if the FX-8350 would be OK to pair with the GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard?

I'd have a R9 280x with the build, but I do not plan to overclock, I just want it as a gaming machine, and I am really keen to make a build using the BitFenix Prodigy M.

Thanks in advance.

It will be fine as long as you don't overclock. I'm running an 8320 clocked at 4Ghz on the same board and even with heavy use its fine(I've been using mine or folding, gaming, and video rendering, best of all I cant turn my computer off so its on 24/7). It only has 4 phases for the CPU power, but they are strong "phases" so its not an entirely bad board(although the VRM will be worked hard, so overclocking will definitely be risky, but you don't plan on it so its all good).

Also if you are wondering why I cant turn off my computer it doesn't have to do with the motherboard, but my obscure choice of storage(link in sig).

If you are set on amd you should go a 990fx board or minimum a 970 (dont expect decent ocing though). the 780/760 boards aren't well supported for an 8 core and if it was me i would not put the 2 together. People have go them to work though. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I did look into an Intel build, but they are so much more expensive, I'm not a hardcore gamer, I just want a really good machine.

QueenDemetria, thanks for your advice, I've had a couple of people say that it will be perfectly fine, although I did want more feedback from more people. I have no intentions of overclocking so my thinking is it wouldn't be bad if I did it, I'm just a bit cautious is all.

JoshM, yeah that is the best option, but as I stated I really want to do my build in a Prodigy M mATX case, I really have my heart set on it.

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :)