Help with internet?

dog12345drew

Hello i am a guy in Australia (Victoria Melbourne) i just recently built my new gaming pc and i have a wireless card in my Pcie slot(http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details/?model=TL-WDN4800)

The pc is very good but my internet is shit. I currently have the router/modem that came my isp.

This is my speeds.

4358256832.png

i have no next door neighbours so i have no wireless interference

Will buying a new router/modem give me better ping/download and upload?

can you try wired? that will answer your question. and your download is actually decent, but your upload is... lacking

Nope

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

What speeds are you paying for from your ISP?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Hello i am a guy in Australia (Victoria Melbourne) i just recently built my new gaming pc and i have a wireless card in my Pcie slot(http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details/?model=TL-WDN4800)

The pc is very good but my internet is shit. I currently have the router/modem that came my isp.

This is my speeds.

4358256832.png

i have no next door neighbours so i have no wireless interference

Will buying a new router/modem give me better ping/download and upload?

If you can't get wired, I would tell you to save some money and get power line adapters. They will give you better speed and don't give you much of the crap wireless does. Plus, it is cheaper

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

can you try wired? that will answer your question. and your download is actually decent, but your upload is... lacking

here is useing ethernet 4358305777.png

If you can't get wired, I would tell you to save some money and get power line adapters. They will give you better speed and don't give you much of the crap wireless does. Plus, it is cheaper

This is useing wired 4358305777.png

This is useing wired 4358305777.png

Oh damn

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

-snip-

Wired is your ultimate speed. so your router is not a bottleneck in any way, so upgrading it will not help in anyway. 

Do you know what you're paying for from your ISP? 20/1 seems like it *could* be a thing...

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer