The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

Sounds like a bunch of people whinning about graphics. Honestly I don't care because they game play stayed intact. Graphics are nice but just because they were downgraded does not mean it's going to be a bad port. And another thing...anyone who pays full price for a game in this day and age is ignorant anyway. Green Man Gaming for life. I bought a gog witcher key from them last week for $37.

You are missing the point!!!! We are not complaining about the games graphics... we care that we were lied to.. we were shown a better game way back in 2013, and what is being released looks different to what it did then

CDPR are meant to be on our side, they are against DRM for example but are happy to downgrade their games and lie to their customers, they PROMISED NO DOWNGRADE... and that PC was lead platform - they 100% lied

Anybody buying a game full price is ignorant? what? please explain that one....... Also you realise that GOG is owned by the game developer right? the people that make Witcher own GOG

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah, shame on them for finding it annoying being lied to... over and over again by bullshots and developers/publishers who can't be straight up about the product they're selling. And are willing to lie to their customers to get a few extra sales on launch. 

This forum is okay with lies thought.

Everyone jumped at nvidias defense when they lied multiple times.

Its my experiencing that people here in general don't care when they are being lied to.

Sounds like a bunch of people whinning about graphics. Honestly I don't care because they game play stayed intact. Graphics are nice but just because they were downgraded does not mean it's going to be a bad port. And another thing...anyone who pays full price for a game in this day and age is ignorant anyway. Green Man Gaming for life. I bought a gog witcher key from them last week for $37.

Look complaining about they did it to run on consoles is honestly getting old for me. It will not stop happening and no matter how loud you yell it will not change. Its a game if it plays, looks good at high settings(the best looking isnt actually a requirement), and runs properly that should be considered worth alot. You are not entitled to having development priority, you are not entitled to have the port at all if they chose to stop making it and refund you money. Marketing material should not be taken as a final product because turning stuff down for lower end devices including lower end pcs of people who cant afford better are thing.

Best is the enemy of better sometimes; enough said.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

You are missing the point!!!! We are not complaining about the games graphics... we care that we were lied to.. we were shown a better game way back in 2013, and what is being released looks different to what it did then

CDPR are meant to be on our side, they are against DRM for example but are happy to downgrade their games and lie to their customers, they PROMISED NO DOWNGRADE... and that PC was lead platform - they 100% lied

Anybody buying a game full price is ignorant? what? please explain that one....... Also you realise that GOG is owned by the game developer right? the people that make Witcher own GOG

Yes. I do understand. But im not grabbing my pitch fork for this one. And buying a full price game does seem pretty ignorant. Even GOG had a preorder discount...If I preorder a game it's always through green man gaming now. I haven't paid full price, or even over 45 dollars for a new game since dark souls 2.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Its my experiencing that people here in general don't care when they are being lied to.

Now imagine what would happen if AMD were the one's who were lying.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

For me , it's dissapointing because CDPR was last PC focused developer .AA has only on/off options - this should paint a picture .

I really hope we'll see enhanced edition or ini tweaks with great options. 

AA was an on/off option in TW2 too.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Yes because showing better graphics for a game years before launch is really lying to people. I am sure you are familiar with the term "May not represent the final product"? If not you should learn what that means. People who base exactly what a game is like off of old trailers are fools. The game still looks good. The game wasn't downgraded in any way but graphics and quite honestly it still looks better than most games. 

Yes, that is the very definition of lying to people. And I can't believe you just dared to utter the words "caveat emptor" when companies use bullshots and delay reviewcopies so that the reviews of the PC version barely hit on launchday so they won't find out the graphics aren't as advertised or it's too late to cancel their pre-order. Yeah reviews will hit in time, but not from the people who'd be critical about this. Like TB and Jim Sterling.

Seriously, shame on you for being this anti-consumerist.

This forum is okay with lies thought.

Everyone jumped at nvidias defense when they lied multiple times.

I was not denying that Nvidia lied, I was arguing against your inpterpretation and misrepresentation of the facts. You took what happenend, and turned it into something that didn't to increase the potency of your argument. You lied yourself, and that is where you dropped the ball. Noone arguing against you at that time denied nvidia lied, but they did however found your arguments really terrible and refused to stop calling you out on it.

It's just shady as fuck. There wasn't provided PC keys for reviews , we haven't officialy seen high bitrate Ultra footage , deleting threads at Witcher forum about downgrade . Lack of communication also doesn't help.

Yeah, graphics isn't everything - but this game built a lot of hype on how beautiful it is .

Now imagine what would happen if AMD were the one's who were lying.

I would rip them to shreds all the same . 

"R9-295X works as advertised", "Freesync is just as good as G-sync, but free" go.

Yes, that is the very definition of lying to people. And I can't believe you just dared to utter the words "caveat emptor" when companies use bullshots and delay reviewcopies so that the reviews of the PC version barely hit on launchday so they won't find out the graphics aren't as advertised or it's too late to cancel their pre-order. Yeah reviews will hit in time, but not from the people who'd be critical about this. Like TB and Jim Sterling.

Seriously, shame on you for being this anti-consumerist.

I was not denying that Nvidia lied, I was arguing against your inpterpretation and misrepresentation of the facts. You took what happenend, and turned it into something that didn't to increase the potency of your argument. You lied yourself, and that is where you dropped the ball. Noone arguing against you at that time denied nvidia lied, but they did however found your arguments really terrible and refused to stop calling you out on it.

I am not being anti consumerist. I am just not losing my mind about a slight graphics downgrade for a game that I know is going to be fantastic. Seriously it's big freak outs like this that make me hate the pc community. I have heard it a million times about a million different things. And in the end 99% of it never even matters.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Oh some people did argue that they didnt know , was a miss communication .

Of course if they didnt know at launch they sure as hell knew a few months after and they waited for the user base to find out their skeletons

instead of çoming çlean whiçh is shady as hell and makes them look bad / deceptive.

Alas I will stop derailing the thread with this now even thought its somewhat related.

"R9-295X works as advertised", "Freesync is just as good as G-sync, but free" go.

I do not know what is the deal with 295X. Wasn't freesync fine, but Asus screwed with one monitor?

Who lied?  You're referring to a nobody posting quotes on a nobody website as proof?  Really? Is this how things work now?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Yes. I do understand. But im not grabbing my pitch fork for this one. And buying a full price game does seem pretty ignorant. Even GOG had a preorder discount...If I preorder a game it's always through green man gaming now. I haven't paid full price, or even over 45 dollars for a new game since dark souls 2.

You should, developers should not lie, they should be slated for it, no matter who they are, I am not saying dont buy or play the game, and the game might still be good, but I am 1000000% not happy with them, and I will not hide away from telling them that! and in the future, I will take everything they say to task

Pre-ordering is a massive no-no, and this game exemplifies why!, you buy a game based on trailers, and suddenly the game is not as originally advertised, this is not the first instance, and it certainly wont be the last, - saving a few quid on a game is not important to me

there is 100% nothing wrong with paying full price for a game, obviously if there is a discount available I will go for it, but I am never pre-ordering a game just to save 10%, and I prefer to buy all games through legitimate sources (gog, steam, etc) 

there are always pre-order discounts, but yeah, pre-ordering is just as ignorant as paying full price

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am not being anti consumerist. I am just not losing my mind about a slight graphics downgrade for a game that I know is going to be fantastic. Seriously it's big freak outs like this that make me hate the pc community. I have heard it a million times about a million different things. And in the end 99% of it never even matters.

I feel like you're still missing the point. The issue wouldn't exist had they not advertised it differently. The whole problem is the bullshotting. They advertised the PC release as a significantly better looking experience and I believe even the main platform. But it's just a consoleport, because they were designing for the lowest denominator (xbone no doubt). 

So noone is throwing a hissyfit because the game is now somehow any worse (except for worse graphics), but that it was advertised differently and they're not doing anything to explain this to their consumerbase. They're actively refusing to communicate this and are stiffling communications at the same time, just to shroud this until the game hits. That is actively conning people, and should make you mad. If this doesn't make you mad, you're pretty anti-consumerist.

I do not know what is the deal with 295X. Wasn't freesync fine, but Asus screwed with one monitor?

R9-295 violates ATX power specifcations and it's components run beyond thermal limits. Freesync only works in a arbitrary, unregulated bandwidth. So one screen does 45-90, and the other does 38-75 or something. G-sync panels run the entire span of the panel and extend that when it reaches the borders. Like doubling framerate below 30 and such.

Who lied?  You're referring to a nobody posting quotes on a nobody website as proof?  Really? Is this how things work now?

Honestly, from the comparisons it looks like its true, they also made a big point about free DLC... then announced a season pass ..they are turning into Ubisoft (downgrade) and EA (season pass)

http://www.ibtimes.com/witcher-3-wild-hunt-gameplay-dlc-should-be-free-says-cd-projekt-red-co-founder-1873045

In this article the guy from CDPR says  "“We are different. We think different. We think DLC should be for free" and now the game has a freaking season pass

Again I am not against quality paid for DLC, but if you publicly say "well will not downgrade the game" "DLC should be free" - then fucking stand by that statement, the whole "free dlc at launch" is just a publicity stunt to make the dev sound like its on our side, 

CDPR were meant to be above all this bullshit. if everything coming out about the game is true, I will be disappointed in them, for not standing strong in the industry and leading by example

Honestly, from the comparisons it looks like its true, they also made a big point about free DLC... then announced a season pass ..they are turning into Ubisoft (downgrade) and EA (season pass)

http://www.ibtimes.com/witcher-3-wild-hunt-gameplay-dlc-should-be-free-says-cd-projekt-red-co-founder-1873045

In this article the guy from CDPR says  "“We are different. We think different. We think DLC should be for free" and now the game has a freaking season pass

Again I am not against quality paid for DLC, but if you publicly say "well will not downgrade the game" "DLC should be free" - then fucking stand by that statement, the whole "free dlc at launch" is just a publicity stunt to make the dev sound like its on our side, 

CDPR were meant to be above all this bullshit. if everything coming out about the game is true, I will be disappointed in them, for not standing strong in the industry and leading by example

DLC and expansions are completely different things, regardless if they come only in download form or in boxes.  The length and quality of content does not meet the "this is DLC" standards of cheap micro-transactions that rarely do anything to the base game.  It's an EXPANSION, and the difference is important.

DLC and expansions are completely different things, regardless if they come only in download form or in boxes.  The length and quality of content does not meet the "this is DLC" standards of cheap micro-transactions that rarely do anything to the base game.  It's an EXPANSION, and the difference is important.

A digital expansion. Hmm let's see... it's extra content and you have to download it. It's... downloadable content. How about we not complicate semantics any further?

snip

DLC != expansion pack. 

Even though, season pass is still crappy format.

I just 100% said that I am not against quality DLC, did you read what I wrote?

The developer said "we think DLC should be free" - then they charge for DLC - I dont care about its quality or cost - I am complaining about their PR and lies!!!

If Ferrari in 2013 were like "our new Ferrari will have 500 horse power and free servicing for life" --- and then it comes out in 2015 with 380 BHP and only the first service is free 

DLC != expansion pack. 

Even though, season pass is still crappy format.

Yes it does.. DLC = Downloadable Content - no matter if its a $1 skin or $50 expansion!! -- I did not say DLC is bad >< where are people getting that from???

I have bought game expansions before and I am happy to do it again - but if they say one thing, and do another I will call them out

I am not even against graphical downgrades as long as they actually release an explanation, and explain why its better for us, and I am not aginst paid for DLC/Content

BUT - it HAS to be advertised correctly, and the devs have to honest about what we are getting for our money

A digital expansion. Hmm let's see... it's extra content and you have to download it. It's... downloadable content. How about we not complicate semantics any further?

So you're ok with the Season Pass being in a box just to avoid calling it DLC?  That's hilarious in of itself.  Technology moving forward favouring a different method of acquiring something does not change what that something is, an expansion. DLC was first coined and is continuously used to describe small and unsubstantial content, usually 5 hours or less in total gameplay.

Is Yuri's Revenge a DLC cos it's available on Origin?  Dragon Age 1 : Awakening?  These are expansion-length "DLC"s that don't qualify as DLCs as it is known and used in this age and time.

If Ferrari in 2013 were like "our new Ferrari will have 500 horse power and free servicing for life" --- and then it comes out in 2015 with 380 BHP and only the first service is free 

Except you still get the 500 horse power and free servicing for life, with the expansion being optional sports suspension/engine tuning/body kits that affect substantially how it looks and/or performs.

I feel like you're still missing the point. The issue wouldn't exist had they not advertised it differently. The whole problem is the bullshotting. They advertised the PC release as a significantly better looking experience and I believe even the main platform. But it's just a consoleport, because they were designing for the lowest denominator (xbone no doubt). 

So noone is throwing a hissyfit because the game is now somehow any worse (except for worse graphics), but that it was advertised differently and they're not doing anything to explain to their consumerbase that this is the case. They're actively refusing to communicate this and stiffling communications about this, just to shroud this until the game hits. That is actively conning people, and should make you mad. If this doesn't make you mad, you're pretty anti-consumerist.

R9-295 violates ATX power specifcations and it's components run beyond thermal limits. Freesync only works in a arbitrary, unregulated bandwidth. So one screen does 45-90, and the other does 38-75 or something. G-sync panels run the entire span of the panel and extend that when it reaches the borders. Like doubling framerate below 30 and such.

Free synç is utter çrap as it is but the 295x2 runs at normal thermals m8.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-r9-295x2-review,14.html

Çores under 60 degrees.

Yeah but most panels run at random ranges and people dont know if the teçhnology is çrap or the implementation is subpar.

DLC colloquially is not used as literal term, it's used to describe "meaningless bullshit content you buy in microtransaction form" i.e Horse Armour

Otherwise, the whole game is downloadable content.

I haven't played anything labeled DLC that ever felt like a proper expansion pack, but perhaps TW3 will actually deliver on that. 

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I would rip them to shreds all the same . 

They lied about not being able to optimize drivers for Watch_Dogs, despite having a Watch_Dogs optimized driver ready on launch day.

They lied a bunch of times about FreeSync.

They lied about Mantle being open source.

They have been caught making NDAs that only allows reviewers to post favorable benchmarks first, then wait a few weeks and post the other benchmarks.

I am sure the list goes on...

Yeah, shame on them for finding it annoying being lied to... over and over again by bullshots and developers/publishers who can't be straight up about the product they're selling. And are willing to lie to their customers to get a few extra sales on launch. 

Lower your pitchfork until the game is out. This is a RUMOR from a NAMELESS source. There is quite literally 0 reasons to believe it to be true at this point in time.

Something that worries me though is the way people react. I have seen some people say it's a "console+" version of the game. Well what do you want then? Console+ means that it looks better than consoles, but you're still not satisfied? I thought we wanted PC games to look better than the consoles, and even if this rumor is true we will still get that.

I totally get being upset about the PC version having the FPS capped to 30, or looking pretty much the same as the consoles, but I don't get being upset about a game looking better on PC but not being light years ahead of the consoles.

We don't even know how big the difference will be (or if anything in the rumor is true) but I already see people calling for a boycott.

We have been over this. DLC and expansion packs are different things.

If you are going to be super literal about the "DLC is downloadable content" then the entire game is DLC and should be given away for free. There is lots of content in it, and you do download it, so therefore it must be DLC!

It blows my mind that people have such a hard time grasping this. I got flamed a few months back when I was trying to argue about WoW patches being like DLC, and their expansions being real expansions.

The difference between DLC and an expansion is the amount of content.