The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

CDPR is developer and self publishing. Every single decision with respect to this game is 100% on them. That includes accepting money from MS for promoting the game along with anything else. 

I'd also like to add this. When console gamers say "the game is fun, what do graphics matter?" we all gang up on them for being idiots who are trying to coverup the graphical shortfalls of the consoles. Yet now our beloved game is under fire for not looking like it was promised to look like and people are playing the "who cares about graphics, its a fun game!"

Come on people, pick your circlejerk and stick with it, stop flip flopping all over the place. It only makes you look sillier... 

Because that's actually important, the game has to be enjoyable... Screw the downgrade, they had to do it to be somehow profitable, but is it actually a good game??? After reading several reviews (including my favorite site, Gamestar.de), I can clearly say... yes, it is, and it's even more than a fun to play...

CDPR is developer and self publishing. Every single decision with respect to this game is 100% on them. That includes accepting money from MS for promoting the game along with anything else. 

I'd also like to add this. When console gamers say "the game is fun, what do graphics matter?" we all gang up on them for being idiots who are trying to coverup the graphical shortfalls of the consoles. Yet now our beloved game is under fire for not looking like it was promised to look like and people are playing the "who cares about graphics, its a fun game!"

Come on people, pick your circlejerk and stick with it, stop flip flopping all over the place. It only makes you look sillier... 

This 100% , its a matter of principle too.

I've never actually seen someone say that a console game looks better than the PC port, personally. What I have seen more of are the PC fanatics throwing shit at the rather naive (I'd give anything to go back to being naive about gaming - so I'm not using that to be insulting) console gamers who don't actually know any better.

I am one of those naive console gamers. I do the whole "CSS, BF4, PS2" routine on my PC but at the end of the day, I'm in a party with my friends and we play FIFA, NHL and then some Halo. I don't give a flying, cosmic fuck about graphics or walled garden or whatever else. 

I'm having fun playing a hobby that ranks under watching hockey as something I enjoy doing with my spare time. Thats it. So I'm about as happily naive as they get when it comes to all that. I just don't care. 

or stop circlejerking?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

or stop circlejerking?

This is the internet. Thats like asking for world peace. 

I'm saying that every consumer will always decide what is an is not worth their money. Personally I have no interest in the game, if I did, I would not be buying it for quite a long while, until the price had dropped. A developer or inventor can put all the effort in the world into something, but in the end, if the customers don't like it, they don't buy it.

And yes, because this is a "console+" version, instead of a true PC port. I'm not advocating piracy either, because I don't pirate, I'm merely stating "when dev's do lazy sh*t like this, piracy goes up".

Well, due to modding support, the game will be looking even more breathtaking than it does today. Lazy sh...? You should not be looking at the graphics only... there is much more to a game, especially to a RPG...

This is unconfirmed btw, please put rumour in the title.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

So....Why are we all getting worked up over a rumor based on something an unverified unknown source supposedly said to some little no-name website? A website that tells readers to take everything with a grain of salt, by the way. It may have happened, it may not have. The game is out in a week, if it's a concern wait and see. No point getting worked up based on the words of some random website.

So....Why are we all getting worked up over a rumor based on something an unverified unknown source supposedly said to some little no-name website? A website that tells readers to take everything with a grain of salt, by the way. It may have happened, it may not have. The game is out in a week, if it's a concern wait and see. No point getting worked up based on the words of some random website.

Because despite it being a rumor there is still evidence to support it.  Not great evidence, mind you.  Also IGN has a video playing at "Ultra" (if IGN even knows what Ultra means), but it's blurry because youtube compression.

Because that's actually important, the game has to be enjoyable... Screw the downgrade, they had to do it to be somehow profitable, but is it actually a good game??? After reading several reviews (including my favorite site, Gamestar.de), I can clearly say... yes, it is, and it's even more than a fun to play...

I'm sure it's fun to play, no doubt. Issue is, visuals are part of the gameplay as well. If it was all about the "gameplay" as most people say, I'd still be playing my old Sega Genesis. I'm sure it's in the house somewhere. I wonder if the kids on the forum even know what that is without using Google.

This is 2015, we have the most amazing game engines right now with the most amazing visual tools and they have to downgrade the game across the board (should these accusations be true)? Nah, not paying full price for it even if it's an "11/10" game. Nope. Not gonna happen.

gtfo stop being rational about stuff.

Yarrr, I'm not going anywhere. No siiir. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Because despite it being a rumor there is still evidence to support it.  Not great evidence, mind you.  Also IGN has a video playing at "Ultra" (if IGN even knows what Ultra means), but it's blurry because youtube compression.

There is evidence of it being possible, yes. Still the source is highly questionable.  Always always question the source of information.

Yeah but, do those that actually create game and do creative stuff and want it to push visuals have anything to say to those in company that actually decide that they will cut stuff from it since it would cost more to develop it that way separately? =/

And yes, it's the matter of principle in terms of possible downgrade in games, not gameplay > graphics

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I would like to post here a reply one of the moderators of the Witcher 3 Official forums on a very similar discussion.

Downgrade_1.png

(Here is the link to the now locked thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/35914-The-%28Unconfirmed%29-Downgrade )

So this would mean that if some of the claims of the source are wrong, hopefully the rest are too.

There is evidence of it being possible, yes. Still the source is highly questionable.  Always always question the source of information.

Haha, I've already said that.  But people seem to be more likely to go into a fit of rage when they read something instead of immediately question something.

Really though, the game releases in 6 days.  We'll know by then whether all of this is true.

TB better be prim and proper next week.  I need a Port Report before I do anything now, to hell with the $10 discount for owning Witcher 2.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Well, due to modding support, the game will be looking even more breathtaking than it does today. Lazy sh...? You should not be looking at the graphics only... there is much more to a game, especially to a RPG...

If they can't be bothered to make a true PC title, and not just a port, then I call them lazy. I'm tired of console getting all the attention and consideration, and PC's getting treated like an afterthought.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I am one of those naive console gamers. I do the whole "CSS, BF4, PS2" routine on my PC but at the end of the day, I'm in a party with my friends and we play FIFA, NHL and then some Halo. I don't give a flying, cosmic fuck about graphics or walled garden or whatever else. 

I'm having fun playing a hobby that ranks under watching hockey as something I enjoy doing with my spare time. Thats it. So I'm about as happily naive as they get when it comes to all that. I just don't care. 

I just personally hate seeing cinematic reveals of games, then the final product is nothing like what they showed off whatsoever even (especially) on the PC version. I played Watch Dogs for over 200 hours. I bitched about it continuously but I think I had a right to because of how much I've played it: the visuals that came with the download were not what was revealed at E3 at all. What's funny is in some of the cut-scenes, the shading and textures are all of a sudden 50x better in that particular game.

Then that mission they demonstrated at E3 was changed. Every time I played through that mission it kept reminding me that they clearly changed this, that and the other.

-snip-

You wanna post a quote on where Vic was defending EA and The Order like you're implying? Every thread I found that he's posted in about The Order in particular was off-topic of the game itself.

You wanna post a quote on where Vic was defending EA and The Order like you're implying? Every thread I found that he's posted in about The Order in particular was off-topic of the game itself.

I've shit more on the need for people to pre-order this game than I have the game itself. I've also blasted them for trying to differentiate what DLC is. DLC is DLC. Thats it. Stop trying to sugarcoat it by length. It was digital content made after the fact and costs money. D.L.C.

Yes, I have defended EA because I don't prescribe to this forums circle jerk about how EA is evil, I'm pretty sure I mocked people in the 1886 threads but didn't defend the game itself, maybe I even insulted it. 

I just personally hate seeing cinematic reveals of games, then the final product is nothing like what they showed off whatsoever even (especially) on the PC version. I played Watch Dogs for over 200 hours. I bitched about it continuously but I think I had a right to because of how much I've played it: the visuals that came with the download were not what was revealed at E3 at all. What's funny is in some of the cut-scenes, the shading and textures are all of a sudden 50x better in that particular game.

Then that mission they demonstrated at E3 was changed. Every time I played through that mission it kept reminding me that they clearly changed this, that and the other.

That EA mission to release was a goddamn tragedy, Watch Dogs never felt like a complete game, more hollow than anything for me. I just couldn't get through it, and the choppy performance really soured my desire to keep up playing at all. 

I'm just glad a few others in this thread have figured it out that this "report" is almost a near copy pasta of the PCMR and /r/gaming shitposting bullet lists of nonsense. I'm done here. Enjoy the brazen speculation about a game for which you have no concrete damning evidence except one anonymous source on a no-name website. I'm waiting for the release day reviews, but damn, the hype from CD Projekt loyalists and elitist bullshitter counter hype is so belligerent.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I've also blasted them for trying to differentiate what DLC is. DLC is DLC. Thats it. Stop trying to sugarcoat it by length. It was digital content made after the fact and costs money. D.L.C.

To be fair I think they were trying to get to the point of them differentiating between what is worth being paid DLC and what isn't. So the skins/swords/whatever they are going to add into the game are going to be free, but when they do have paid DLC it'll be worth it because that's when they'll have a ton of content added (guessing more areas/dungeons/mission/whatever else) which is a philosophy I can get with.

Actually it's so questionable as to lack any supporting evidence whatsoever due to the fact that the game isn't out yet. For all we know, a week from now the PC version will actually have a considerable lead over the consoles. The piece was smart enough to make it believable (after all CDPR is focusing entirely on the console version for promotion, maybe a deal maybe cause they feel they already have the PC market in their pocket, who knows but that much seems true) and also smart to release right now in the midst of all the anticipation generation a lot of traffic and interest.

Now this is something I think everybody should consider before going into a rhetoric war about supporting or denouncing the downgrade when it's nowhere near confirmed. Rumors are ok for this forum, but everyone seems to forget that this is all the article is: A rumor. If it was a few months back and the source was wccf then most would be mocking it instead of debating it as truth.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Actually it's so questionable as to lack any supporting evidence whatsoever due to the fact that the game isn't out yet. For all we know, a week from now the PC version will actually have a considerable lead over the consoles. The piece was smart enough to make it believable (after all CDPR is focusing entirely on the console version for promotion, maybe a deal maybe cause they feel they already have the PC market in their pocket, who knows but that much seems true) and also smart to release right now in the midst of all the anticipation generation a lot of traffic and interest.

Now this is something I think everybody should consider before going into a rhetoric war about supporting or denouncing the downgrade when it's nowhere near confirmed. Rumors are ok for this forum, but everyone seems to forget that this is all the article is: A rumor. If it was a few months back and the source was wccf then most would be mocking it instead of debating it as truth.

That's the gist of this thread though, isn't it? It's speculation on our part. If we're wrong, we're wrong. I don't think anyone here is going to blindly believe that the game is actually downgraded when we see the final product in a review/port report video soon when the embargo is up and we get the actual information from the people who have their hands on the game.