The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

At least we know its going to be easily torrentable. 

Yes, because the mature thing to do when you disagree with someone is to pirate something.

"I hate what you've done with this game, so I'm going to pirate it so I can enjoy it"

I hope a crap ton of those pre-orders get cancelled.

I canceled mine through steam. I did install an enb and texture mod along with a wider fov and combat makeover for the witcher 2. Guess I will have to wait for those kinds of things to come out for the witcher 3. *sigh*

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Yes, because the mature thing to do when you disagree with someone is the pirate something.

"I hate what you've done with this game, so I'm going to pirate it so I can enjoy it"

How does one "the pirate something"?

Steve

I canceled mine through steam. I did install an enb and texture mod along with a wider fov and combat makeover for the witcher 2. Guess I will have to wait for those kinds of things to come out for the witcher 3. *sigh*

At least by then the price will have dropped.

Without getting into specifics and violating the CoC, you download an illegal copy and play the game. Perhaps until the price drops to what the game is actually worth since it's nothing more than a "console+" version like @Victorious Secret  referred to it as.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Does nvidia pay you to defend gameworks on tech forums?. I wonder sometimes.

Yes. I receive a paycheck of $0.00 from them monthly. Not sure why it's $0.00 though, because I sure do a lot of work defending them.

AMD should probably write me a check as well for the amount of times I've basically sold people AMD cards.

Please be $2.99 like the witcher 2 xD

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Yeah that's what visual advances are all about, segregating the community!

LOL. As if AMD doesn't have a competing (and less popular) version of Gameworks. 

In the ideal world, whatever Gameworks offers gets baked right into the engines or is mandated as a part of DX (can that even happen?) But this isn't the ideal world. This is the real world, and Gameworks runs free and is free to use by developers if they so chose, people need to stop blaming Nvidia/AMD for everything that goes wrong (not to say that they don't do plenty of wrong) and start blaming developers who always look for easy ways out of development. 

FFS, I'll use Bungie as an example. They developed entirely custom lightning engines for Halo 3 and 343 did the same for Halo 4. They didn't sit on their ass saying "oh gee, this engine doesn't offer something good or something workable, we will just settle for second rate". No, they exploited one or two parts of their engines to the next level to get the result they wanted.

Point is, some developers go above the bare minimums and look for solutions, not excuses. Don't blame a hardware vendor for stepping in and saying "you guys don't seem to have any idea what you're actually doing, need a hand?" In the ideal world, Gameworks and AMDs equivalent wouldn't need to exist. But they do, people need to get with the program. 

Typo, my point still stands though.

This is why pre-ordering sucks, because you get burned.  I'm glad I didn't really pay for this game as it came with my 970, but I would have still bought it anyway.  However, I am incredibly disappointed in CDPR for this.  It means we may to rely on modders to make the game what it should have been, or wait for CDPR to release a graphics update (Likely, free of charge).

I have never liked the concept of minimum salable product in games,  It seems to prey on a seriously younger more naive crowd of consumer that doesn't fully grasp the consequences to paying for a product before you know what you are getting. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

In the ideal world, whatever Gameworks offers gets baked right into the engines or is mandated as a part of DX (can that even happen?) But this isn't the ideal world. This is the real world, and Gameworks runs free and is free to use by developers if they so chose, people need to stop blaming Nvidia/AMD for everything that goes wrong (not to say that they don't do plenty of wrong) and start blaming developers who always look for easy ways out of development. 

Nah nah nah, you stop right there. Nvidia PAYS them to use Gameworks! You better correct your mistake right now!!1! Developers don't put the Nvidia logo in the game because they were free to use the Gamework library within a license agreement, they pay them to do it!!1

Without getting into specifics and violating the CoC, you download an illegal copy and play the game. Perhaps until the price drops to what the game is actually worth since it's nothing more than a "console+" version like @Victorious Secret  referred to it as.

facepalm.gif

Steve

Nah nah nah, you stop right there. Nvidia PAYS them to use Gameworks! You better correct your mistake right now!!1! Developers don't put the Nvidia logo in the game because they were free to use the Gamework library within a license agreement, they pay them to do it!!1

Damn, i could use that money that AMD is paying people to talk down on Nvidia on tech forums. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Who would have thunk all those "optimized" GameWorks effects, would not be possible to actually run. When 1 wolf with FurWorks, maxes out a Titan Black, without any of the world rendered, it's no surprise they are forced to nerf it. Too bad, but that's what happens, when you take a short cut, and use GameWorks.

If you read closely, they said that PCs are more than capable of running the game with original effects, so Gameworks is not the problem here. At least not for PCs.

Gameworks is the problem only for AMD fanboys, because it's Nvidia's work.

As for the consoles - nobody should expect from them to run Gameworks effects. Their hardware is couple of years behind current gen hardware.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

-snip

You asked for the answer. I didn't say I was going to do that (as I have no interest in playing the game at all)

Some people will do it, and the developers will pay the price for not doing their job.

If you read closely, they said that PCs are more than capable of running the game with original effects, so Gameworks is not the problem here. At least not for PCs.

Gameworks is the problem only for AMD fanboys, because it's Nvidia's work.

As for the consoles - nobody should expect from them to run Gameworks effects. Their hardware is couple of years behind current gen hardware.

gtfo stop being rational about stuff.

Why is it so hard to develop game separately for different platforms, just leave PC alone and focus on that... In this day and age that I have to see AAA titles getting ported.

I'm still yet to see the game maxed out on my PC but gaming industry needs a slap cause of shits that's happening for quite some time.

Sadly developers that are creating game can't be ones doing or have effect on those that are leading company and companies lame decisions...

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Why is it so hard to develop game separately for different platforms, just leave PC alone and focus on that... In this day and age that I have to see AAA titles getting ported.

I'm still yet to see the game maxed out on my PC but gaming industry needs a slap cause of shits that's happening for quite some time.

Sadly developers that are creating game can't be ones doing or have effect on those that are leading company and companies lame decisions...

CDPR is developer and self publishing. Every single decision with respect to this game is 100% on them. That includes accepting money from MS for promoting the game along with anything else. 

I'd also like to add this. When console gamers say "the game is fun, what do graphics matter?" we all gang up on them for being idiots who are trying to coverup the graphical shortfalls of the consoles. Yet now our beloved game is under fire for not looking like it was promised to look like and people are playing the "who cares about graphics, its a fun game!"

Come on people, pick your circlejerk and stick with it, stop flip flopping all over the place. It only makes you look sillier... 

I would also like to remind everyone, that this insider is not verified, so the same skepticism you are giving CDPR should be given to this report.  If you are blindly on one side of the fence, you are no better than those defending the game blindly, as even if you are right, you are right in the worst way.

You should all be looking at this rationally:  CDPR have not shown recent gameplay with "PC level" graphics recently, this is very true.  That is a fact.  However, we do not know if that is proof of a downgrade.  The same with this article:  We are given proof of a downgrade (which is corroborated by not being shown "PC level" graphics recently), but we do not know if this is a legitimate insider.  In my opinion, however, I believe the article, but still am skeptical.

However, still, STOP FUCKING PRE-ORDERING VIDEO GAMES.

I'd also like to add this. When console gamers say "the game is fun, what do graphics matter?" we all gang up on them for being idiots who are trying to coverup the graphical shortfalls of the consoles.

I've never actually seen someone say that a console game looks better than the PC port, personally. What I have seen more of are the PC fanatics throwing shit at the rather naive (I'd give anything to go back to being naive about gaming - so I'm not using that to be insulting) console gamers who don't actually know any better.

The game has more than 100 hours of content, a book-like story, deals with actual problems in the real word, possibly one of the best quest designs of all time and you are saying (or let's say "Victorious Secret", because your are actually quoting his opinion) that it's not worth the money? What about call of duty and similar games... those games should be given away for free.

THAT is because it's a gameworks title, which is a continuing reason why I refuse to buy team green. It's artificially adding value to segregate the gaming community and is anti competitive to boot.

This post's a thing

59270.png

Oh no. A game with PhysX that a 290x beats every (currently released at the time, so minus the 780 ti) Kepler card in. 

Lets look at a game that isn't catered to either brand.

59273.png

The 290x comes out on top of every Kepler card, again. What's going on here? Maybe AMD went after these companies and got them to lock down their optimizations for those games to be catered to AMD? No? The 290x is just a good performing card for that generation?

Lets look at a more recent title with the new Maxwell cards.

67720.png

What the fuck? Isn't the Frostbite engine supposed to love AMD cards? Why is Nvidia coming out on top? It's totally not because the cards perform better, naw. Can't be that.

Lets look at another title.

67724.png

Well shit, a Gaming Evolved title and the 980 is spanking the 290x. Even the 780 is keeping up. Wonder why that is? Certainly not because Nvidia is the top performer. Clearly it's because AMD's Gaming Evolved titles somehow run better on Nvidia cards.

One last title, Ass Creed: Unity

69434.png

Well I'll be damned. It looks like the same performance comparison from a couple of previous titles, with the 290x trailing behind the 980, hanging with the 780. Who would have thought? A GAMEWORKS title and the 290x is keeping up with a 780.

Maybe it all has to do with how much raw performance the cards have, coupled with driver support?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Credit to @Kloaked). AMD Card beat Nvidia cards in gameworks titles, and some Nvidia cards beat AMD cards in Gaming Evolved titles.

And by your logic you shouldn't buy team Red, because they have Gaming evolved. Which is the same thing as Gameworks, but AMD.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

The game has more than 100 hours of content, a book-like story, deals with actual problems in the real word, possibly one of the best quest designs of all time and you are saying (or let's say "Victorious Secret", because your are actually quoting his opinion) that it's not worth the money? What about call of duty and similar games... those games should be given away for free.

I didn't say it wasn't worth the money. I asked why people are so eager to give money without seeing a lick of footage, a sentence of a review or so much as a single benchmark. 

It may very well be GOTY for 2015 ahead of every single release this year, which is saying something with what is coming out this year. 

That doesn't mean I will blindly throw my money at the company for a game. 

You're doing it wrong. You need to lay down the sarcasm thicker. a /s usually helps.

/s :P

So...is this the example people need to convince them to stop pre-ordering games and trusting a publisher/developer that has been good to them before? Because this is what happens, guys. We need to be discerning and trust companies less, or this is just gonna keep happening.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Yes, because the mature thing to do when you disagree with someone is to pirate something.

I don't own a console so why would I buy a console game?

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I'm saying that every consumer will always decide what is an is not worth their money. Personally I have no interest in the game, if I did, I would not be buying it for quite a long while, until the price had dropped. A developer or inventor can put all the effort in the world into something, but in the end, if the customers don't like it, they don't buy it.

And yes, because this is a "console+" version, instead of a true PC port. I'm not advocating piracy either, because I don't pirate, I'm merely stating "when dev's do lazy sh*t like this, piracy goes up".