The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

It's called optimization.

Ubisoft doesn't know shit about optimization though, let's hope CDPR does.

There's one benchmark released earlier from a German gaming site. Just use Google Translate.

Source

If this source is real then they don't know shit about optimization either. They just used Ultra settings though so the only hope left is if it scales well when turning down some settings.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Blue PSU: Corsair RM1000 Case: NZXT Phantom 630

I am of the same opinion.

Witcher 2 looks plain better and more colorful.

OFFTOPIC : What hex core do you have?

Ah it's the 5820K. I'll amend the signature to show that. :)

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

why the double standards ? we are not even talking about ubisoft here, hypocrisy much ?

What I meant was this - Sometimes game devs have to make compromises when it comes to graphics. Usually this means reducing effects/Draw or LOD distance or texture quality. A game will thus look less good.

Half the thread, however, is talking about watch dogs. A Game by Ubisoft that also went through optimization. In this case, however, the game looked considerably worse than it originally did and it still ran like crap. Even worse was that some guys released a mod that increased the game's graphics dramatically with minimal performance impact. In the end, W_D was badly optimized, because it still ran bad and looked WAY worse than previously shown. 

Oh and by the way How is this hypocrisy/double standards?

Let's hope CDPR does

There, I put the key word in bold. We don't know yet. We can only assume it has been downgraded slightly by looking at screenshots/video's and we can't comment at all about how well it'll run.

There's one benchmark released earlier from a German gaming site. Just use Google Translate.

Source

If this source is real then they don't know shit about optimization either. They just used Ultra settings though so the only hope left is if it scales well when turning down some settings.

I suspect draw distance being a huge thing in TW3's case, with the huge amount of vegetation. Also, We can probably expect some changes in the day one patch as well. Then again, if they really did run everything at ultra, I don't think the performance is bad at all.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I thought I would come back to this thread and call you all dumb heads. Playing it now I see that it's still an amazingly good looking game, one of the best to date. It's not a lazy console port either. And all of these complaints just make me want to laugh. I really want to know how many people in the world even have the hardware to run this game maxed at 1080p without dropping below 60. Because even with these so called "downgraded graphics" it's not like anyone can run the original game anyway. So what if it was a slight downgrade? You really think having a nice little bench mark to come back to when you get your new gtx 1180 is that important? At this point and time you need two 970's just to max it out above 60fps at 1080p. A aging resolution. I stand by my earlier comments. You are all just whining about nothing.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I thought I would come back to this thread and call you all dumb heads. Playing it now I see that it's still an amazingly good looking game, one of the best to date. It's not a lazy console port either. And all of these complaints just make me want to laugh. I really want to know how many people in the world even have the hardware to run this game maxed at 1080p without dropping below 60. Because even with these so called "downgraded graphics" it's not like anyone can run the original game anyway. So what if it was a slight downgrade? You really think having a nice little bench mark to come back to when you get your new gtx 1180 is that important? At this point and time you need two 970's just to max it out above 60fps at 1080p. A aging resolution. I stand by my earlier comments. You are all just whining about nothing.

The one thing I hoped they kept was foliage self-shadows.  These grass and trees look so bland cos they have no shading at all, just a green mush with no 3D depth to them.  Adjust that, and tune the white balance a bit and you'll get 2013 visuals.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The one thing I hoped they kept was foliage self-shadows.  These grass and trees look so bland cos they have no shading at all, just a green mush with no 3D depth to them.  Adjust that, and tune the white balance a bit and you'll get 2013 visuals.

Whatever you want to say to downplay the way the game looks. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Whatever you want to say to downplay the way the game looks. 

Downplay?  What?  Did you even read my post?  I love how the game looks, but no self-shadowing makes all foliage look bad.  That's it, what's up your ass this morning?

Downplay?  What?  Did you even read my post?  I love how the game looks, but no self-shadowing makes all foliage look bad.  That's it, what's up your ass this morning?

This thread I guess. The game looks fantastic and I can't even turn on hair works without choking my gpu and dropping below 60, let alone maxing with hair works. I am just saying even with some downgraded graphics from many months ago, it would take a god rig to even max the game now let alone what it could have looked like. So it's like they took away from .0001% of gamers. Seems like an acceptable loss. But I do have to agree the foliage needs better shading. 

This thread I guess. The game looks fantastic and I can't even turn on hair works without choking my gpu and dropping below 60, let alone maxing with hair works. I am just saying even with some downgraded graphics from many months ago, it would take a god rig to even max the game now let alone what it could have looked like. So it's like they took away from .0001% of gamers. Seems like an acceptable loss. But I do have to agree the foliage needs better shading. 

I wasn't even talking about graphics.  I was mostly talking about white balance which has no performance penalties.  It affects how something looks but isn't strictly "graphics".  Foliage really needs them shadows ):  But I'm indoors now, haven't seen grass in a bit :P

I'm curious, now that the game is out what does everybody think?

I have sunk a good 8 hours in to it now and despite things like the grass am very happy with how it looks. Supposedly they are allowing people to edit foliage density in the next patch which fixes my main gripe anyway.

I'm curious, now that the game is out what does everybody think?

I have sunk a good 8 hours in to it now and despite things like the grass am very happy with how it looks. Supposedly they are allowing people to edit foliage density in the next patch which fixes my main gripe anyway.

There's a thread on actually discussing the game and not just comparing how many blades of grass were removed from the trailer, you should talk there

Also, the blood on the water that people complained about missing is back with 1.03

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

• 2 weeks later...

and then people wonder why consoles companies "left nvida" and they switched to AMD 

they did it to get away as they can from the green garbage that nvidia gets into their games

destroying all the effort (and love) that required to create them

and here we are again...

"nvidia... destroying games... for you"

i feel like people here need to realise that video game developers don't have unlimited budgets

WHY did you have to resurrect this?

Neil%20Patrick%20Harris%20asking%20why.g

Also don't see how that is relevant here (because this is about PCPR downgrading a game, not Nvidia "deliberately crippling" it), and from your name and avatar some are gonna say that you're just biased and want to start a fight.

Edited by Bouzoo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

31 pages....really.....on a game some people need to get a grip mods please just lock it

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

and then people wonder why consoles companies "left nvida" and they switched to AMD 

they did it to get away as they can from the green garbage that nvidia gets into their games

destroying all the effort (and love) that required to create them

and here we are again...

........... what does an individual company downgrading their game for cross platform parity have to do with Nvidia vs AMD?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

........... what does an individual company downgrading their game for cross platform parity have to do with Nvidia vs AMD?

Some people just can't stand the thought that their favourite company is as bad as another, so they try (emphasis on try) to make it seem that 'their' company is the best. Which is never the case as they all want 1 thing-money.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Which is never the case as they all want 1 thing-money.

How... how could you? You monster! You... you know nothing! The companies love their customers and they are their top priority, the whole industry is based on love & trust!

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

How... how could you? You monster! You... you know nothing! The companies love their customers and they are their top priority, the whole industry is based on love & trust!

That was sarcasm BTW @7850OC.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Okay clearly youre a fucking moron, so let me tell you what fucking CDPR SAID THEMSELVES!!! "we took the weakest hardware and built the game on there and ported it to the rest of the hardware" AKA THEY MADE IT ON XBOX ONE AND THEN PORTED TO PS4 AND PC. Now you may be too dumb too know what that means so let me tell you.

If a game is not made ORIGINALLY FOR PC. IF ITS A PORT, IT MEANS IT WONT RUN WELL AND IT IS NOT OPTIMIZED. THIS GAME WITH ITS LOOKS SHOULD BE RUNNING 80+ FPS WITH THE POWER OF ONE GTX 970 MAXED OUT. BUT ITS A TERRIBLE EFFING PORT THATS WHY IT CANT RUN WELL. If these idiots CDPR optimized correctly and didnt build this game for the xbox one then it wouldve been fine everyone would be 80+fps with a single gtx 970 maxed out. 

NEXT TIME DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH WITHOUT KNOWING HOW THINGS WORK. 

• FX-8320  GTX 970  M5A97 R2  Corsair H100I GT  500W PSU  RIPJAWS 8GB DDR3  SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB  1TB HDD 

Okay clearly youre a fucking moron, so let me tell you what fucking CDPR SAID THEMSELVES!!! "we took the weakest hardware and built the game on there and ported it to the rest of the hardware" AKA THEY MADE IT ON XBOX ONE AND THEN PORTED TO PS4 AND PC. Now you may be too dumb too know what that means so let me tell you.

If a game is not made ORIGINALLY FOR PC. IF ITS A PORT, IT MEANS IT WONT RUN WELL AND IT IS NOT OPTIMIZED. THIS GAME WITH ITS LOOKS SHOULD BE RUNNING 80+ FPS WITH THE POWER OF ONE GTX 970 MAXED OUT. BUT ITS A TERRIBLE EFFING PORT THATS WHY IT CANT RUN WELL. If these idiots CDPR optimized correctly and didnt build this game for the xbox one then it wouldve been fine everyone would be 80+fps with a single gtx 970 maxed out. 

NEXT TIME DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH WITHOUT KNOWING HOW THINGS WORK. 

why so angry?  :rolleyes:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

why so angry?  :rolleyes:

CAPS MAKE MY ARGUMENTS MORE LOGICAL THAN YOURS!

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.