The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

you can consider whatever you want, ELFC needed the original game at launch, it was an Expansion, not a separate game, if you played the game you would understand that the 3 stories are intertwined like GTA 5's 3 characters, its not a different game like FC BD where the game is set in an imaginary 1980's. but rockstar called it an DLC not an expansion, by which your definition falls short 

But according to all the sources I can find, EFLC does not need the original game. This is from RockStar's own website:

"Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City includes both The Lost and Damned, and The Ballad of Gay Tony together on disc and does not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play."

It wasn't an expansion or DLC by any definition given in this thread. It was just a regular game.

Thank god I don't get hyped about graphics, still fucking eager to play the game already.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

But according to all the sources I can find, EFLC does not need the original game. This is from RockStar's own website:

It wasn't an expansion or DLC by any definition given in this thread. It was just a regular game.

honey, you can picture it how you want, but this is the state of facts 

jn647GL.png

EDIT: the standalone content were DLC, later released as standalone, the TBGT and TLATD are DLC

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Pmsl, with old consoles you didn't have patches and updates because devs knew that they had to release a game that was finished completely and working properly from launch because people just didn't have good enough internet at the time to download massive patches. Compare the Original Xbox and its games + straight plug and play set up to the Xbone with its frequently buggy games. You really don't know how consoles have evolved over time do you?

Jeeeebus. You're pissing yourself laughing because you have a superiority complex with PC's. I get it.

Look dude, the new consoles absolutely wreck high end PC's. Get with the memo. You don't really know how consoles have evolved have you? #getshrekd Xbone has better graphics than a high-end PC today.

Jeeeebus. You're pissing yourself laughing because you have a superiority complex with PC's. I get it.

Look dude, the new consoles absolutely wreck high end PC's. Get with the memo. You don't really know how consoles have evolved have you? #getshrekd Xbone has better graphics than a high-end PC today.

And now I know your trolling.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

And now I know your trolling.

And you see how stupid I sound?

That's how stupid you PCMR folk sound.

And you see how stupid I sound?

That's how stupid you PCMR folk sound.

1. PCMR  is actually meant a joke

2. I'm against the Xbone and PS$, older consoles are just fine and actually give the classic console experience, plug and play gaming.

PMSL

1. PCMR  is actually meant a joke

2. I'm against the Xbone and PS$, older consoles are just fine and actually give the classic console experience, plug and play gaming.

1. Agreed. It's a huge joke in the context of it being to the point of tiring since it's just about everywhere on the internet now.

2. You can be against them all you want, but you can't deny that the consoles are keeping the gaming industry alive outside of World of Warcraft, Dota 2 and League of Legends.

1. Agreed. It's a huge joke in the context of it being to the point of tiring since it's just about everywhere on the internet now.

2. You can be against them all you want, but you can't deny that the consoles are keeping the gaming industry alive outside of World of Warcraft, Dota 2 and League of Legends.

And your not keeping up with the gaming industry.

PMSL

And your not keeping up with the gaming industry.

You're gonna have to add some context to that.

I own two gaming PC's since I think they're the superior experience; no I don't think consoles are holding gaming back and I've already said why.

You're gonna have to add some context to that.

I own two gaming PC's since I think they're the superior experience; no I don't think consoles are holding gaming back and I've already said why.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

PMSL

People love to keep posting that without understanding it's not the core PC gaming market making that happen. It's all the free to play games and stuff like MMOs.

People love to keep posting that without understanding it's not the core PC gaming market making that happen. It's all the free to play games and stuff like MMOs.

Its still PC gaming.....

PMSL

Its still PC gaming.....

It's still three games raking in the cash to get those numbers. I bet it's a different story with the games we're complaining about today, like Witcher for example.

Its still PC gaming.....

It is but it's not the kind of PC gaming people love to talk about around here. It's not the kind of PC gaming that is going to bring AAA developers back to making expensive exclusives.

It is but it's not the kind of PC gaming people love to talk about around here. It's not the kind of PC gaming that is going to bring AAA developers back to making expensive exclusives.

Exclusives are actually BS to encourage people to buy a specific console.

It's still three games raking in the cash to get those numbers. I bet it's a different story with the games we're complaining about today, like Witcher for example.

It still doesn't change the facts.

PMSL

PCMR started as a joke, sure, but anyone who would claim the majority of PCMRs are "joking" is surely naive. -_-

Anyways, while I do not care really for graphics I do not like it when this happens. It sends a bad message but also because it is false advertising.

So this is one of many moments I am glad I do not pre-order or buy games when they first release.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Exclusives are actually BS to encourage people to buy a specific console.

It still doesn't change the facts.

So you're going to conveniently ignore everything else I said?

So you're going to conveniently ignore everything else I said?

There is nothing to ignore, its still PC gaming.

PMSL

There is nothing to ignore, its still PC gaming.

And it's still not something that is going to matter one bit to AAA developers. For CORE games consoles are still better money makers and that is the reason they continue to be the focus.

And it's still not something that is going to matter one bit to AAA developers. For CORE games consoles are still better money makers and that is the reason they continue to be the focus.

I'd love for those console players to use PC's, but they really don't care for it.

The day that PC's are as idiot-proof as consoles (maybe it'll have in some revision of Windows 10, here's to hoping) it could happen. SteamOS sure as hell won't do it, least not any time soon.

I'd love for those console players to use PC's, but they really don't care for it.

The day that PC's are as idiot-proof as consoles (maybe it'll have in some revision of Windows 10, here's to hoping) it could happen. SteamOS sure as hell won't do it, least not any time soon.

Agreed. Valve screwed themselves with SteamOS. Too many options with wildly different specs ad price parts are simply going to be too confusing to the average consumer.

Agreed. Valve screwed themselves with SteamOS. Too many options with wildly different specs ad price parts are simply going to be too confusing to the average consumer.

Seriously. They should have a set of rules for what systems can be featured. The whole point of SteamOS was to have a good living room experience and possibly bring in console players who are curious; that gets ruined with all of the horrible systems being sold.

Are you trolling or just very confused? Games have these things called options menus, you can scale how good your game looks to match your hardware.

The difference is people with GTX 460s and HD 4000s expect to turn the graphics settings down to play the game, whereas what happens with consoles is that in order to not give any platform an edge they become the benchmark that limits what "ultra" looks like on a PC with a 5960X and dual Titan Xs, or with a Pentium and a 260X. It stops mattering what hardware you have.

You missed my point. I don't think you disagree with me.

The point was that consoles do not prevent devs from taking advantage of high end PC.

The millions of PC gamers using 'weaker than console' hardware have not prevented me from turning up the visual fidelity on my R9 290. Because the devs gave me the option to do so.

In the same way the Xbox One and PS4 do not prevent devs from giving high end PC users a good experience be. It's not to hard to scale between the two. Lots of games have proved that.

If some games are not scaling properly then it's the fault of the devs laziness or backroom politics. Gamers of all kinds would do well to target their wrath at the right stakeholders, rather than at each other. When a console game becomes the max benchmark of what is possible then it's the fault of the dev.

Personally I don't mind if some games choose not to look any better than their PS4 or Xbox One equivalent. But in that case it should perform accordingly. If it looks like the console counterpart but only runs at 60fps on a 970 then you have a problem. It's all relative; nobody complains about CS:GO optimization. It doesn't look groundbreaking but it runs at 150+ fps so that's ok...

rename this thread GTX 970 issues : Part 2, because i can't believe we're already on page 30 without actually going anywhere except answering to the same set of people who have same set of misconception. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker