The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

So you get all pissy about having the settings inside of the game not "up to par?" You sad children, do you know what happened to skyrim? Modders fixed it with EMB mods and shit. They didn't take actual freaking game content out, or start the dlc untill the game is out. AAAAAAAAND the dlc is going to add another 60 hours of gameplay...

Everyone calm ur tits.

Its not the quality drop I'm mad about, it's that they essentially lied to us and decided to PC on the backburner (like everyone else. Well, almost everyone)

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

Who would have thunk all those "optimized" GameWorks effects, would not be possible to actually run. When 1 wolf with FurWorks, maxes out a Titan Black, without any of the world rendered, it's no surprise they are forced to nerf it. Too bad, but that's what happens, when you take a short cut, and use GameWorks.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Well it worked for skyrim, why can't it work again?

It will happen again. But it it shouldn't be the case. They promised us these graphics. They showed them off as if that's what we were going to get. And then they take it away just before launch. We shouldn't have to mod the game and do their work to get what they promised us initially.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Its not the quality drop I'm mad about, it's that they essentially lied to us and decided to PC on the backburner (like everyone else. Well, almost everyone)

I wouldn't say lied, but they probably decided it was in the best interest of the gamers (on pc) for it to be that way. For reasons unknown. At least that's what I choiose to believe.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I wouldn't say lied, but they probably decided it was in the best interest of the gamers (on pc) for it to be that way. For reasons unknown. At least that's what I choiose to believe.

It's for the best interests of the console gamers. Think for a second; use the brain you were born with. Why would TAKING OUT CONTENT be best for us?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

It will happen again. But it it shouldn't be the case. They promised us these graphics. They showed them off as if that's what we were going to get. And then they take it away just before launch. We shouldn't have to mod the game and do their work to get what they promised us initially.

100% true, but in a list of things I would sacrifice vs not, Gameplay>Visuals. Although, there is a ery fine like between what are and arn't great visuals. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Still going to play it. The witcher 3 will probably have a good enough story to keep me hooked.

And the modders will surely sort the game out soon enough.

And at least they were honest before launch

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

100% true, but in a list of things I would sacrifice vs not, Gameplay>Visuals. Although, there is a ery fine like between what are and arn't great visuals.

The flaw in your logic is you're failing to see that we should have had BOTH gameplay and visuals. There doesn't NEED to be a sacrifice at all.

You're gonna sit around and tell me a trailer from 2 years before the Game is released should be considered a lie of not meet

Anyone posting in this thread saying the E3 settings were still in watch dogs, just deactivated is also delusional

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Why do you people feel entitled to receive a superior game? It's your own fault for believing promo material, it's should be common sense by now to take all of these "gameplay" trailers and screenshots with a grain of salt.

Who gives a fuck.

The game still looks great, and more than a few of you will be struggling to run it as is even with more powerful hardware than consoles.

This isn't some new phenomenon that began in 2014.  This happens everytime a new console launches.  Devs always overestimate the hardware and it makes way more sense as a developer to make one spec for the game.  It's not as simple as turning off features on consoles, if they abandoned tessellation on certain objects then they have to go and remake those assets to still look good without it.  Likewise with real time water reflections versus non-real time reflections etc.   One design spec makes the most sense.  Boohoo, you lost some fluffy shadow effects.  Go throw your fucking PC out a window while you have your tantrum.

By all means though, feel free to boycott the game if it really bothers you that they removed some fluffy rendering features.  Don't be these guys and actually back up your whining with your wallet:

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

CDPR lost my respect when they announced the Seasons Pass a few months ago.

We'll never release paid for DLC....

Yeah right.

those are expansions with hours of content. CDPR differentiates between DLC (skins and minor things) and expansions. the DLC is free.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

The console versions are being reviewed, PC keys weren't sent out because the game wasn't even 'done' for the PC. 

So as a console game, of course people will be impressed. They max'd what the consoles can do, it does look good for a console game, and of course the gameplay is great.

But PC gamers won't care if their version got shat on and thrown to the bottom of the priority pile just because CDPR wanted more money, which is all they really give a damn about at the end of the day. 

But why don't they just downgrade graphics for console and keep it better on PC damn I hate when they do that.... 

Well it worked for skyrim, why can't it work again?

Bethesda didn't misrepresent Skyrim with a trailer that showed graphics which they didn't deliver in the final product.

No one is saying modders can't fix it, we're saying they shouldn't have to.

those are expansions with hours of content. CDPR differentiates between DLC (skins and minor things) and expansions. the DLC is free.

DLC is DLC I'm afraid, they never used the term anyway, they said things like "We abhors companies who make gamers pay for additional content".

I agree with your post in principal and I'm happy to pay them for 30 hours of additional gameplay but after TW2 they made out like they'd never charge for any extra content in their games.

I know for a 100% fact they said no paid for content should ever be announced before the game is released. I don't see TW3 out yet??

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Who gives a fuck.

The game still looks great, and more than a few of you will be struggling to run it as is even with more powerful hardware than consoles.

This isn't some new phenomenon that began in 2014.  This happens everytime a new console launches.  Devs always overestimate the hardware and it makes way more sense as a developer to make one spec for the game.  It's not as simple as turning off features on consoles, if they abandoned tessellation on certain objects then they have to go and remake those assets to still look good without it.  Likewise with real time water reflections versus non-real time reflections etc.   One design spec makes the most sense.  Boohoo, you lost some fluffy shadow effects.  Go throw your fucking PC out a window while you have your tantrum.

By all means though, feel free to boycott the game if it really bothers you that they removed some fluffy rendering features.  Don't be these guys and actually back up your whining with your wallet:

thank god someone else gets it.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Bethesda didn't misrepresent Skyrim with a trailer that showed graphics which they didn't deliver in the final product.

No one is saying modders can't fix it, we're saying they shouldn't have to.

because a 2 year-old promo is considered a promise.

you're all entitled little shits.

Daily Driver:

To anyone saying that graphics aren't content, allow me to quote the article.

"..we sequentially had to take out/turn down a lot of features.."

The game will be running on PC at the same settings (except resolution) as consoles. We know that the consoles' GPU is equivalent to a modified HD 7870, so if this game doesn't run on ultra on PCs with similar hardware, we know that they did a piss poor job on the PC version.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet 2015's digger of the year.

Sigh...another company screwed up their vertical slice and over reached with the marketing. I should take some bets for E3 on who's presentation is bullshit.

I haven't pre-ordered the game although it still looks like good value and I would get it if the graphics were on the same level as W2. My opinion of CDPR will still drop a notch if things turn out the way they look. They're supposed to be one of the exceptions when it comes to taking a chance with a pre-order.

CDPR seems to have pulled a Ubisoft/Watch Dogs :(

Was thinking the same thing. Interesting to know if Nvidia Gameworks has something to do with the downgrade or not, as Nvidia would not want a Gameworks title to run poorly on current Nvidia hardware. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

because a 2 year-old promo is considered a promise.

Youre resulting to insults now? A pre-rendered promo isn't a promise of gameplay or graphics. -_-

Edit: I realized you're talking about witcher promo not skyrim.

The OP just couldn't pass up the opportunity to be controversial and get views on his thread I bet.

Regardless if someone wants to be outraged and compare them to Ubisoft right off the bat even though the game isn't even out, by all means I am not gonna stand in the way of anyone wanting to be critical, I think that's healthy behavior in the end. 

I didn't necessarily mean that as direct criticism of Victorious Secret for posting it as I don't really expect him or anyone else here to be a journalist. That this was reported on some site is as newsworthy as anything by forum standards, I guess. I just don't trust the source enough to join the hate train until I see what happens with The Witcher 3's reviews.

On that note, I worry that Totalbiscuit is going to pass up covering The Witcher 3 due to his affiliations with GOG, as he's often very careful about things that could be seen as conflicts of interest. I'd personally still like to hear his opinion, with proper disclosures given. I think he'd talk about these kinds of PC specific issues at length.

Another game I'm getting for £3 in a couple of years then. They don't need my money. Doesn't bother me, there's plenty to play in the meantime :)

They're not a charity, they're demanding £50 for this for pre-order at the moment. If I'm expected to pay nearly $80 USD for a game then damned right I'm entitled to it meeting certain standards. If it doesn't then I'm entitled to not buy it at full price.

I didn't necessarily mean that as direct criticism of Victorious Secret for posting it as I don't really expect him or anyone else here to be a journalist. That this was reported on some site is as newsworthy as anything by forum standards, I guess. I just don't trust the source enough to join the hate train until I see what happens with The Witcher 3's reviews.

On that note, I worry that Totalbiscuit is going to pass up covering The Witcher 3 due to his affiliations with GOG, as he's often very careful about things that could be seen as conflicts of interest. I'd personally still like to see his opinion, with proper disclosures given. He's the sort of critic who'd often talk about these kinds of issues at length.

He will certainly pass but not because of that, he just got out of surgery yesterday and will be recovering for all of this week. By the time he's back full time it would mean his video would be 2 or 3 weeks late (this week plus the next one or two weeks it would take him to thoroughly play the game and such) so almost for sure he will pass.

Others will certainly point out things and at the very list it will be put through the microscope for sure. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

He will certainly pass but not because of that, he just got out of surgery yesterday and will be recovering for all of this week. By the time he's back full time it would mean his video would be 2 or 3 weeks late (this week plus the next one or two weeks it would take him to thoroughly play the game and such) so almost for sure he will pass.

Others will certainly point out things and at the very list it will be put through the microscope for sure. 

Damn. I thought he was done with the surgeries :/ Hope he makes a speedy recovery

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"