The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

witcher-3-pc.jpg

*Game won't actually look like this, sorry

Ha. Ha. Ha. 

What more can I say? 

Sorry, CDPR, I'm not paying anywhere near full price for a console port. Not that I have a problem with console ports (GTA V plays well enough, they took their sweet time). I have a problem that you just lied to the public. You didn't want to put aside the time and resources to give a proper PC version, you were on the console teet and saw nothing but doller dollar bills to gain from making a console focused game that hampered what PC gamers get, by simple virtue of you not wanting to refine the game specifically for the PC user base. 

I've got my console for console games. I've got my PC for PC games. Figure out which one you want to be, if you want both then damn well give each side the attention they deserve SEPARATELY. 

You're no different from Ubisoft in the respect not given to the PC platform. 

But hey, at least you've got a legion of fan(boys) to defend you and claim how "CDPR are the good guys, we can trust them".

4acVAk8.png

Nvidia's GameWorks Library has always been controversial, being called a "Black Box" by both devs and hardware vendors in the past and being seen by many of us on the PC hardware scene as a way for Nvidia to work in an anti-competitive manner if they wish.

While the GameWorks library does place into the hands of developers a great collection of graphical tools and can greatly simplify game development, however the fact that these libraries are closed to most of it's users makes it a difficult thing to optumise for if you are not using an Nvidia GPU. 

Here is a statement made by  CD Project's Marcin Momot, claiming that Nvidia's HairWorks code cannot be optimized to perform well on AMD GPUs;

Marcin Momot's statement is not regarding Nvidia's GameWorks "black Box" nature, as CD Project do have access to the libraries source code, however even with such access CD Project Red were unable to optimize HairWorks on order to play nicely with AMD GPUs, giving Nvidia a distinct advantage when playing the Witcher 3. The feature may be hard coded to not work well with AMD GPUs, rather than simply unoptimized.

There is a chance that AMD will release a driver update which will help AMD perform better when using HairWorks, but without access to the programs source code it may take some time. 

Like many other titles which use GameWorks, Nvidia are the performance leaders, but this again raises the question of Nvidia artificially giving their GPUs an advantage over the competition. Nvidia need to promote fairness with their GameWork's Library for it to be truly beneficial to the gaming world, as right now it is doing a great job of promoting Nvidia over AMD, via questionable methods, rather than simpler game development.

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/witcher_3_dev_says_nvidia_hairworks_unoptimizable_for_amd_gpus/1

CDPR seems to have pulled a Ubisoft/Watch Dogs :(

Have they kept the better graphics inside the game though?

We'll see D:

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This is Aliens: Colonial Marines all over again. Except this got really really good reviews.

The console versions are being reviewed, PC keys weren't sent out because the game wasn't even 'done' for the PC. 

So as a console game, of course people will be impressed. They max'd what the consoles can do, it does look good for a console game, and of course the gameplay is great.

But PC gamers won't care if their version got shat on and thrown to the bottom of the priority pile just because CDPR wanted more money, which is all they really give a damn about at the end of the day. 

''you can't just explain it like this''

in other words:  '' microsoft and sony payed me to make the pc port less viable, to promote their consoles, and im stupid enough to accept their offers.  ''

how to be a bad game dev.

edit not game dev, game publisher  the dev didn'T do anything wrong really.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

ill still pick up my collectors edition for the swag. then sell the game itself and wait for the Enchanted edition that hopefully will have some of its past 2013 glory back....

btw

http://image-cache.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/YTo2OntzOjI6ImlkIjtpOjEwNjM0MjU7czoxOiJ3IjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJoIjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJjIjtpOjA7czoxOiJzIjtpOjA7czoxOiJrIjtzOjQwOiI3NjA1NzllOWQ3ODU0Y2ZjZTZjZjQ5MDQ2ODVmYzcxM2E1NTk0Yzc5Ijt9

This is the Watchdogs Graphics conspiracy, the Alien Colonal Marines lie, and a good game in one.

I bet the graphics are still in there, this is just a downgrade to make consoles look better. But enjoy your 30FPS 720p-1080p fakas.

EDIT: If they are going release a graphics dlc... Death. Death to all.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

The console versions are being reviewed, PC keys weren't sent out because the game wasn't even 'done' for the PC. 

So as a console game, of course people will be impressed. They max'd what the consoles can do, it does look good for a console game, and of course the gameplay is great.

But PC gamers won't care if their version got shat on and thrown to the bottom of the priority pile just because CDPR wanted more money, which is all they really give a damn about at the end of the day. 

For some reason I thought the pc versions also got reviewed. Seems I've mixed my tabs in chrome  :blink:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

"As for the PC version, it looks just like the console versions just with a higher resolution..."

Ugh.

The whole article explains that they looked at what the Xbone could(n't) do and built up from that.

I didn't see any mention of texture size, and some of the features were just turned off so HOPEFULLY they can easily be turned up/on.  Some were outright removed

"As for the PC version, it looks just like the console versions just with a higher resolution..."

Ugh.

The whole article explains that they looked at what the Xbone could(n't) do and built up from that

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365240-interesting/#entry4947436

The console version looks worse than witcher 2 on the pc.

BULLSHIT.

its ok

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Trust no one.

When it comes to companies.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Well thats one positive thing about having low-mid end PC. You won't be able to max  this thing even if downgraded, so no biggie for us :P

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Regardless if someone wants to be outraged and compare them to Ubisoft right off the bat even though the game isn't even out, by all means I am not gonna stand in the way of anyone wanting to be critical, I think that's healthy behavior in the end. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

So you get all pissy about having the settings inside of the game not "up to par?" You sad children, do you know what happened to skyrim? Modders fixed it with EMB mods and shit. They didn't take actual freaking game content out, or start the dlc untill the game is out. AAAAAAAAND the dlc is going to add another 30+ hours of gameplay...

Everyone calm ur tits.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

CDPR lost my respect when they announced the Seasons Pass a few months ago.

We'll never release paid for DLC....

Yeah right.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If this is infact true, which I will still reserve my full judgment until I see it for myself, I hope to god some dev that didn't want to have his hard work discarded managed to hide the extra settings somewhere in the game files, similar to the Watch Dogs case.

I will definetly be paying more attention though when the game comes out.

So you get all pissy about having the settings inside of the game not "up to par?" You sad children, do you know what happened to skyrim? Modders fixed it with EMB mods and shit. They didn't take actual freaking game content out, or start the dlc untill the game is out. AAAAAAAAND the dlc is going to add another 60 hours of gameplay...

Everyone calm ur tits.

You're missing the point. WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO MOD TO GET THE EXPERIENCE WE DESERVE AND WERE FUCKING PROMISED. How are we children for wanting the game to run and look better on superior hardware? They DID take out game content. I was really looking forward to this game. Now I'm not so sure.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

"It would make us seem like we are incapable..." Well yea, because they are. I really don't care too much for the PCMR, but its shit like this that gets me to side with them sometimes. PC games are always the first to be cut back, but CDPR won't care because they have something in the millions of pre-orders already? So nothing will be gained from this. I just hope people actually care about this instead of saying "Meh, they did other cool things like no DRM and free DLC, so it really doesn't matter."

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

why don't they just do what rockstar did but instead they delay the shitty console version instead of letting the pc players suffer because consoles have a shitty gpu

You're missing the point. WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO MOD TO GET THE EXPERIENCE WE DESERVE AND WERE FUCKING PROMISED. How are we children fro wanting the game to run and look better on superior hardware? They DID take out game content. I was really looking forward to this game. Now I'm not so sure.

Well it worked for skyrim, why can't it work again?

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) |