What DAC/AMP to buy

Pkron17

Not if you get her a handbag or a purse first, lol

I would agree, except she doesn't carry a purse and is generally a very frugal person... She's a good balance for me though! lol...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Yeah, the whole reason I needed a volume wheel is that I am currently using an Asus Xonar Essence STX, so I needed something convenient. I've never heard of Gon Keyboards. Time to check them out!!! 

I swear, if I buy one, my girlfriend is going to kill me if I don't sell the other two mechanical keyboards I have...

Gon does a lot of acrylic, thin anodized aluminum looks. An example is the white all clear keyboard you can see in the pictures I posted above.

Most expensive keyboards on Geekhack are custom Korean keyboards. I dunno what those Koreans are smoking but Americans need to step up their game.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Americans need to step their game up in a lot of areas. Education, for example? I haven't been challenged in school since I was about 6 years old. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Americans need to step their game up in a lot of areas. Education, for example? I haven't been challenged in school since I was about 6 years old. 

Pre-college is weak, but there are some very respected institutions. So I would say at the top levels it's still great, but of course that doesn't account for the average person.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I believe american highschool doesnt teach calculus at all? I pretty much learned derivative and integral in 10th and 11th grade.

Although asians curriculum is harder, usa is still the center of all scientific development :P

Pre-college is weak, but there are some very respected institutions. So I would say at the top levels it's still great, but of course that doesn't account for the average person.

Agreed. The main issue I have with pre-college being so weak is that if someone isn't challenged in school, and they are like me, then they simply won't do the work because it seems pointless. I never did homework, and did really well on all tests, so that held my grades (somewhat) afloat, but it makes it really hard to end up in said respected institutions. I don't have the drive to work hard on boring, pointless tasks for 8 or 9 years, just so I can go to some college I read about...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I believe american highschool doesnt teach calculus at all? I pretty much learned derivative and integral in 10th and 11th grade.

Although asians curriculum is harder, usa is still the center of all scientific development :P

They do teach calculus to seniors (but you're technically a year ahead in math at that point) and it's only the first half of what colleges call calculus. If you go to school in bellingham, Washington, as a buddy of mine did, some of the kids there finish calculus by the end of middle school, and by the time they are seniors, they take these special math classes where they teach themselves, because the teacher would be lost, and you would need a very high level college professor in order to actually teach them anything that they didn't already know.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

In the high school I went to, it depends on what level you are at. The average joe did pre-calc senior year. Tryhards can do Calc way earlier though, like Freshman year if they qualify.

In the high school I went to, it depends on what level you are at. The average joe did pre-calc senior year. Tryhards can do Calc way earlier though, like Freshman year if they qualify.

Too bad that to qualify as a freshman, you basically have to take math independently from school, and end up paying for a tutor to do it in private, generally.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I havent seen any school in here that uses cambridge's A level curriculum. You could cut upto a whole year with that, pretty useful

I believe american highschool doesnt teach calculus at all?

They do, but I took AP Calculus.

Truth be told, I've been slacking. I know I can do better in le maths. Sometimes I feel smart and stupid at the same time.

I feel exactly the same way. 

Hey! New SIgnature!