Does anyone actually prefer using 60hz monitors over 144hz?

Profoundsoup

What features would you take over 144hz? 

I have the best of both worlds - I have an IPS LG display and an ASUS 144Hz panel.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i prefer 12hz monitors. such  much more cinematics  .... KEK

I have the best of both worlds - I have an IPS LG display and an ASUS 144Hz panel.

What LG display are you using? 

What LG display are you using?

Flatron IPS234.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well, all else being equal of course 144 is better. But all is not equal. 144 is more likely to be TN while I prefer the nicer colors and viewing angles of IPS, and costs more.

But I guess if I could have it all I'd take it.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

For example? I'm curious what "day to day" stuff would benefit from a 144hz monitor.

When I say day to day stuff, I just mean any window that could be moved around such as a browser, file explorer, application I'm working with, etc.  And really, I didn't specifically say there was necessarily a "benefit" to it, I just mean I can notice the difference when I move windows around.  It's more pleasing to have such smooth motion when moving windows around, but obviously nobody would purchase a 144hz monitor for that.

When I say day to day stuff, I just mean any window that could be moved around such as a browser, file explorer, application I'm working with, etc.  And really, I didn't specifically say there was necessarily a "benefit" to it, I just mean I can notice the difference when I move windows around.  It's more pleasing to have such smooth motion when moving windows around, but obviously nobody would purchase a 144hz monitor for that.

I...Honestly don't see the argument man; I have 2x AOC 27 inch monitors, both 60hz, and I don't perceive any blur.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

I...Honestly don't see the argument man; I have 2x AOC 27 inch monitors, both 60hz, and I don't perceive any blur.

Who said I was trying to argue anything?  I was just offering my perception and personal experience/preference.