Does anyone actually prefer using 60hz monitors over 144hz?

Profoundsoup

Never

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Yes, I prefer them for their cost over 144hz

"Using"

Like the feel

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

No, but I can't tell the difference so have no preference either way.

I kind of doubt anyone would prefer the "feel" of 60Hz over 144Hz. But I definitely would choose other features over that of 144Hz, if I could only have a few.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

I kind of doubt anyone would prefer the "feel" of 60Hz over 144Hz. But I definitely would choose other features over that of 144Hz, if I could only have a few.

What features would you take over 144hz? 

No, but I can't tell the difference so have no preference either way.

Really?

Damn... I can even notice differe between 60 and 100...

Just move the mouse across the screen

IPS?

i don't like 144hz , i much prefer 120hz cuz of cost and i don't have to push my gpu quite as hard to get 120 fps over 144 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

i don't like 144hz , i much prefer 120hz cuz of cost and i don't have to push my gpu quite as hard to get 120 fps over 144 

cist?

Also hz dosent affect fps...

Probably good colour reproduction and super thin bezels. I still don't really understand why more monitor manufactures don't prioritize thin bezels. Having them make the monitor look so good.

I'd take these over 144Hz since I'm not really doing much competitive gaming.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

IPS?

Okay as someone who has a IPS TV but has never used a IPS Monitor, is it really that much worth over TN? 

cist?

typo , i corrected it ( i meant cost) and i know that but i like my fps to be the same as my refreshrate

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Okay as someone who has a IPS TV but has never used a IPS Monitor, is it really that much worth over TN? 

I cant notice the differeance...

Really?

Damn... I can even notice differe between 60 and 100...

Just move the mouse across the screen

I have 3x 144Hz monitors running side by side. For about 6 months one was mirrored to a TV and therefore running at 30Hz. Couldn't tell the difference in any application when moving between the 144Hz monitors and the 30Hz ones. I can tell in refresh rate benchmarks, and obviously I can have 3D at the higher refresh rates, but in day-to-day use, cannot tell the difference.

cist?

Yeah but fps is basically how often your GPU actually refreshes and Hz how often your monitor does. Ideally you want these two to match. That's why 60 fps is what most gamers want to achieve.

The terminology was used correctly.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Yeah but for is basically how often your GPU actually refreshes and Hz how often your monitor does. Ideally you want these two to match. That's why 60 fps is what most gamers want to achieve.

Why would you want em to match?

I dont prefer 144. I felt a 60, 75, and 144, but I honestly am pretty comfortable with 60. Mostly because I can't justify the cost, and since 4K 144 Hz is not going to come in a while, i'll stick with a 60 hz. :)

Well my eyes can only see 24fps anyways, so I prefer 60Hz monitor :)))

/jk

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Why would you want em to match?

So you don't get any tearing and stutter. If your monitor refreshes and your GPU has not supplied a new image, your monitor will just keep showing the same image again causing stutter. That's why adaptive refresh is something they can make people pay for. Because then fps and Hz can match.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

I definitely prefer IPS (or similar) but with 144Hz IPS (style) screens coming out now I no longer have to make the choice of one or the other (or overclocking like I do now).

Apples to apples though I'd always take 144Hz over 60Hz.

good question! I prefer 60hz not because it's better in my eyes but I don't want myself to get used to 144FPS cap because if that happens I would be force to upgrade my gpu always because I would get addicted with 144 fps cap. so no I'm sticking with 60 fps LOL 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

Yeah but fps is basically how often your GPU actually refreshes and Hz how often your monitor does. Ideally you want these two to match. That's why 60 fps is what most gamers want to achieve.

Maybe its just the games I play but having my frame rate at double or higher the refresh rate seems to look much smoother than having them at 60/144fps.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.