CPU fan error!

xkecco
Go to solution Solved by Speaker1264,

Hello guys! Wow you're fast!

Yeah I did plug in the connector correctly on the CPU FAN header of the mobo (it's a P8P67-M PRO)

I'll try to do what Speaker1264 said and see if it works.

Thanks!

To be more specific when you go into the bios, make sure you go into the advanced bios, and go to the Monitor tab.  Scroll down until you find an option called CPU Fan Speed Low Limit.  By default it should be set to 600 RPM.  Change it to 400 RPM, hit F10 to save your settings, and everything should be good from there.

As long as you see that the fan is indeed spinning when you start the computer there is probably nothing wrong with it.  You can also install monitoring software such as SpeedFan and make sure it is reaching the proper RPM, as well as set up your own fan curve if you would like.

Ehi guys, I just mounted a Thermalr"ght hr-02 macho rev b on my cpu.

The fan actually works when I turn on the PC (so I think that the connector is correctly attached), but the bios says "CPU Fan Error!" on startup.

Help?

Did you plug the fan into the "CPU FAN" header on the motherboard? It's located at the top of the motherboard. You can disable it, go to monitoring in the BIOS and when it says "CPU FAN SPEED" set it to disable or ignore.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

whats the problem?

do you have it on the cpu fan connector?

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

Did you make sure to plug it in to the 4 pin connector that is next to the socket. It should say CPU on it.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

This can happen on larger fans that run at lower rpms.  You have to change the setting in your bios called CPU fan alert or whatever.  By default it alerts when below 600 rpm, but it is perfectly safe to lower it to like 400 rpm.

whats the problem?

do you have it on the cpu fan connector?

Well it may be plugged in well but that error means the system doesn't detect the fan.

http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006064

Did you make sure to plug it in to the 4 pin connector that is next to the socket. It should say CPU on it.

This can happen on larger fans that run at lower rpms.  You have to change the setting in your bios called CPU fan alert or whatever.  By default it alerts when below 600 rpm, but it is perfectly safe to lower it to like 400 rpm.

Yeah I did plug in the connector correctly on the CPU FAN header of the mobo (it's a P8P67-M PRO)

Thanks!

Thanks!

To be more specific when you go into the bios, make sure you go into the advanced bios, and go to the Monitor tab.  Scroll down until you find an option called CPU Fan Speed Low Limit.  By default it should be set to 600 RPM.  Change it to 400 RPM, hit F10 to save your settings, and everything should be good from there.

As long as you see that the fan is indeed spinning when you start the computer there is probably nothing wrong with it.  You can also install monitoring software such as SpeedFan and make sure it is reaching the proper RPM, as well as set up your own fan curve if you would like.

Thanks!

As long as the fan is spinning it really doesn't matter. You can just go to the BIOS and disable the error message so you wont have to keep pressing F1 or whatever your motherboard wants you to do.

I have an H105 and none of the fans are connected to my motherboard only a fan controller so when I boot it showed that error but I just disabled it.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110