Help me decide between the U2515H and the U2715H

bugmenot
Hi, I'm looking to buy one of those monitors, but I'm not sure which one. Lots of opinions to each one... so I've come to ask before making the decision.

From what I read online it seems that the U2515H is superior in most aspects (price, size/resolution):

- price (the U2715H is *2 price here).

- panel quality (less uniformity issues, less noticeable IPS artifacts).

- less lag.

The subjective points are mainly the:

- text size (the PPI is smaller then the U2415 and U2715H yet some people like it, some don't).

- screen size (again some say it's perfect, and this isn't a common screen size which fits perfect between 24 and 27", some say always get 27" if possible).

My questions are:

1. which one to get, the 25" or 27" ?

2. Do Macbook (with mini displayport outputs) have issues with connecting the display port to run QHD resolution ?

3. Should a GTX780 run QHD without issues (maybe losing some heavy AA settings in heavy games) ?

2515h owner here

The ppi is very nice and I don't feel the 27 version is worth the premium.

Running games has been fine for me on my 970 also I don't think you'll have problems with your Mac

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

2515h owner here

The ppi is very nice and I don't feel the 27 version is worth the premium.

Running games has been fine for me on my 970 also I don't think you'll have problems with your Mac

Are you having any issues with motion blur?

I am considering buying one but I am quite worried about the pixel response time

Ty for your time :)

Btw i think the 25 inch one would be better

another u2515h user here and i love it. i have used the u2713h in the past and it was nice as well, i like the 2515 better for my usage (surround)

and with the noted price premium of the 27 inch i'd go with the 25 (or 2 :P) but note that displayport daisychaining is a bit buggy on the 25 inch (maybe the 27 as well, can't comment on that)

also i have noticed a little bit of backlight bleeding on 2 out of 3 monitors but it isn't noticeable on anything but a black screen

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Are you having any issues with motion blur?

I am considering buying one but I am quite worried about the pixel response time

Ty for your time :)

Btw i think the 25 inch one would be better

The total input lag is actually pretty low on this panel and I haven't personally noticed any motion blur.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Another U2515h owner.

The price performance for an IPS of this quality is pretty much unbeatable at present.

The picture quality is sharp - I don't bother with zooming and I can read text on it fine, I don't have 20/20 vision anymore. I do use it as my daily driver so I sit around 2ft from the screen.

There's no blurring or any noticeable input lag. The monitor has a good brightness - I've only adjusted it a little down, and a light anti glare coating that doesn't affect image quality.

The backlight bleed on mine is standard for IPS and isn't intrusive at all. IPS glow seems to be better than normal, but not bothersome either way.

I have watched the two Hobbit films and a couple of others in it, sat a little further away - good experience.

In short: get one.

Cool, thanks for all your input, just one more issue to put to rest, there are some forums that say that the build quality of the U2515H is lower then other UltraSharps, did anyone have or hear about such problems ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/352c4g/dell_u2515h_frustrations/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/352odz/help_picking_between_24_at_1920x1200_or_27_at/cr0elo9

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1838790&page=12

Also ofcourse, there are lots of people which complaint about the PPI being to small, but since I don't have a way to see this screen before buying (buying from international, since it's not sold here) I guess I'll have to take a leap of faith....

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/35mwdr/help_me_decide_between_the_u2515h_and_the_u2715h/cr6jzxe

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/33sivs/coding_on_dell_u2515h_vs_dell_u2715h/cqoaen2

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/3478wt/gtx_970_gaminggeneral_performance_on_a_dell/cqsw62y

Also in Windows, I Plan on using 2 monitors at the same time, my old 20" IPS UltraSharp, and the new monitor, How bad will it be because of the different PPI ? Can I set the scaling to be different on each monitor ?

The build quality on mine is superb, the stand in particular is absolute first class. Bear in mind if something is mass manufactured eventually there will be some slip ups no matter what, and the bad examples tend to stick out more than the good.

If you setup your windows preferences to extend the displays you can setup different resolutions on each. I can't comment on the scaling because I don't use it at all, each monitor runs at it's native resolution in my setup and I can read both absolutely fine unassisted.

• 6 months later...

another u2515h user here and i love it. i have used the u2713h in the past and it was nice as well, i like the 2515 better for my usage (surround)

and with the noted price premium of the 27 inch i'd go with the 25 (or 2 :P) but note that displayport daisychaining is a bit buggy on the 25 inch (maybe the 27 as well, can't comment on that)

also i have noticed a little bit of backlight bleeding on 2 out of 3 monitors but it isn't noticeable on anything but a black screen

I am considering between the 2515h and 2715h as well and I am getting it this Sunday at a IT show over here. The 27" is 200dollars more expensive than the 25" but the 27" has 3H hardness coating which the 25" doesn't have as well. The 27" has 5 usb 3.0 ports as well tat 25" doesn't. Of cos the 27" is just 2" bigger and cost more. Is the u2515h 60hz as well? I'm hoping to use it to play call of duty as well as racing and watching movie. I will be running on ddr4 4x8GB and Asus gtx 980 ti strix.

I am considering between the 2515h and 2715h as well and I am getting it this Sunday at a IT show over here. The 27" is 200dollars more expensive than the 25" but the 27" has 3H hardness coating which the 25" doesn't have as well. The 27" has 5 usb 3.0 ports as well tat 25" doesn't. Of cos the 27" is just 2" bigger and cost more. Is the u2515h 60hz as well? I'm hoping to use it to play call of duty as well as racing and watching movie. I will be running on ddr4 4x8GB and Asus gtx 980 ti strix.

the 25 is 60hz as well, and is the 3h hardness really needed on a desktop monitor? (personally i don't plan on using it as a cutting board :P)

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

the 25 is 60hz as well, and is the 3h hardness really needed on a desktop monitor? (personally i don't plan on using it as a cutting board :P)

Hahaha tats true, the DPI is better on the 25"? Im kinda tight on the budget thus i might just go for the 25" since its 200 dollars cheaper.

The 3H is an anti-glare coating, the hardness is how heavy the coating is (in this case, not heavy). It's basically a Dell measurement though, so you won't see those numbers standardized in the industry :P