The MOST Compact Gaming PC - Titan X & 18 Core Xeon in a Shoebox

Linus stop replacing the 5690X with 18core CPUs damn it :P
It's like you've always have a crazy CPU in you pocket.

whoever was editing this - put him in charge of all video editing and everyone else should follow his lead! this documentary style montage is great for these type of videos. keep up the good work.

Vessel is horseshit, on my Nexus 7 it plays the first 10 seconds of the video then redirects to a page saying Your Device Does Not Support Video Playback. Really, then why does it play the first 10 seconds totally fine?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

shold have been an actual shoebox for dat LTT feel to it.

:wub: hey

Why didn't you use a silverstone RVZ01 or MLO7, or better yet their new all aluminum  FTZ01, it would have been smaller and allow you to fit all the same components.

*Looks at the middle tower sitting on the desk*

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Why didn't you use a silverstone RVZ01 or MLO7, or better yet their new all aluminum  FTZ01, it would have been smaller and allow you to fit all the same components.

actually the sg13 is 2.5 litres (or 18%) smaller than all 3 cases you mentioned :)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Do a give away for it please!

Unfortunately that is the USD5K CPU thy are going to use for the server, i believe, but still if they swap it out for a 5960X and make an international giveway, i'd be thankfull.

@LinusTech the NCIX pricing links aren't working. - Edit: NVM, they are just took 40seconds to get a "Server is too busy" message. -

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Except an 18core Xeon is not really a gaming CPU. Oh well, it's for shits 'n giggles anyways I rekon.

It's all shits and giggles until somebody giggles and shits

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Imagine the aio wc leaked and damaged the mobo and that cpu. Like what happened to Kyle not too long ago.

actually the sg13 is 2.5 litres (or 18%) smaller than all 3 cases you mentioned :)

Yes the case used is smaller but the cases I mentioned are all flat in design so this PC could take up minimal room on a desk if it's standing up on its side, or you could possible put your monitor on top of it, but a cube like the case they used isn't very practical if you're trying to make a PC as small as possible because of the room it takes up on a flat surface. Obviously its not that big of a deal and the system is already built, but it could be something they can do in the future, maybe as a review of the FTZ01 because it has recently released.

This is a portable workstation, stop toying with our emotions calling it a "gaming" pc, Linus. :P

Why would you want the cooler pouring heat into the case? wouldn't you want it exhausting all the air to the outside of the case? Those mosfets aren't cooled in any way. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

Why would you want the cooler pouring heat into the case? wouldn't you want it exhausting all the air to the outside of the case? Those mosfets aren't cooled in any way. 

In my experience the hot air gets pushed out quickly because the case is so small.

In my experience the hots air gets pushed out quickly because the case is so small.

Ehhh....theres no other fan to exhaust it. Sure some will get pushed out but the ambient temperature inside will still be way higher than it could be. A layout like that seems amature-ish  :/

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

Ehhh....theres no other fan to exhaust it. Sure some will get pushed out but the ambient temperature inside will still be way higher than it could be. A layout like that seems amature-ish  :/

Here's my rig. Can't see it in this pic but there's a mount up top where the handle is for a slim 120mm fan.

Using Prime95 and FurMark I tested it both with and without the top fan and rear 92mm sim fan, it only resulted in a ~3°C difference in the top exhaust temp.

k12jBGjl.jpg

5930K and GTX 780

This vid reminded me a lot of my build from last fall.  

I also went for cramming as much power into a small form factor case as possible.  Mine ended up slightly larger (CoolerMaster Elite 130) but I managed to fit in a dual GPU R9 295x2.  

Full specs and pics are in the link below.  Other highlights are the Asus ROG Maximus mobo, dual Samsung 850 pros in RAID-0, and an AX 1500i Titanium PSU.  

It's an awesome system for the size and it's still running strong.  I love these builds and really hope to see more of these from you guys in the future!

http://imgur.com/a/7w77f

Edit: Clicking the link doesn't seem to work but copying/pasting it does for some reason.  

You'll build something this ridiculous/tarded, but you won't do a review of the Thernaltake Core X9?

#butthurt

You know what. Forget my previous statement. Holy f**k @datbuild.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That is one awesome little case. I think I want that over the Mini FT03 now.

Awesome video, if only I could afford that kind of hardware.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Early on in this video, I didn't think it was gonna work. Color me surprised.

Was the benchmarking done under Windows 7 as always or did you guys try Windows 8.1 ? 

Amazing build, I would love to see the sound levels since even though its a Noctua fan on the rad it still has to pull air through the cables in the case.

Main Rig

**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-4790K @ Stock]**CPU Cooler** | [Corsair H100i] **Motherboard** | [ASRock Z97 EXTREME6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard]

**Memory** | [G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory] **Storage** | [Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive]

**Storage** | [Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM] **Video Card** | [Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE]

**Case** | [Phanteks Enthoo Pro] **Power Supply** | [EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+]

Main Rig PC Partpicker  

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/DnKZxr |