Project Alternate 4K Build "COMPLETE"

Deblow

Maybe you cloud get the cheap $37 tablet that was on Unbox Therapy (don't remember the name) and permanently attache that to the TUF detective, you could probably work that into the desk somehow. And you already know what I'm going to say about the build so far.

I attempted to do just that with a cheap android phone, unfortunately the app dont like cheap china phone :(

having to use it with my Note 4 for now, but just connected as & when needed, normally when im messing with the overclocking.

will show it in more detail as soon as the final photos get done, waiting for a KB to arrive then need to borrow a decent camera that can pick up the

RGB lighting better.

yeah I do :) 

Thanks

Played around with a couple of loop options, 1st was the standard CPU > GPU1 > GPU2
then I tested how it performs going from CPU> GPU1 & 2

My temp on GPU 2 was slightly better & it looked cooler so im sticking with that option :)

Im still getting temps around 3c to 5c hotter on my GPU2 compared to GPU1.
could be I need to redo the paste again or tighten the plate up a bit more
will mess with it a bit more if the temp on GPU hits 60c or more when hardcore gaming.

Used lots of bog roll lol

20150808_202635_zpsjbnw0puw.jpg

Also completed the Alphacool logo, RGB controlled, so far I like RED & BLUE, hard to get some good pics of the reds though :(

Replaced the 2 fan controllers for 1 duel bay, Phobya MaxGuide 6

The new controller has 6 temp monitors,
I plan to just use 3 for now, room temp, desk temp & GPU backplate temp

what waterblock is that and how in the world did you do that?

what waterblock is that and how in the world did you do that?

Its the Alphacool (OCOOL) block for the R9-295x2  duel GPU card

so the cooling goes from CPU to both GPU1 & 2 before hitting the RADs 

Whats that hellish apparition I'm seeing in the reflection there? Just noticed it now, and it looks like something from silent hill, lol. 

lol, well spotted

your the 1st to mention it, its a 3D plastic poster from the DVD release of alien 3 

P.S, look at it upside down if you haven't already :D

Its the Alphacool (OCOOL) block for the R9-295x2  duel GPU card

so the cooling goes from CPU to both GPU1 & 2 before hitting the RADs \

thx btw love this build

This will be the last update before the final photos :(

just awaiting the keyboard, new screen & Iv also ordered a new DSLR camera.

Not planing to change mouse for now, so iv modded the "Reaper" mouse to go with the new theme,

Black with red lighting & rather than changing the LEDs (approximately 5) I used filters.

20150918_211225_zpsi3wrp7o1.jpg

stuck with white for the front, red was too dull against the black mouse mat.

20150918_211555_zpsqmqlns73.jpg

20150919_185501_zpsecfkhfej.jpg

20150919_185536_zpsv0i9d3i3.jpg

This is why I need a new camera, the logo & mouse should be a nice red like knight-riders car 

20150919_185550_zpsvl77hmw6.jpg

Added the dye (Mayhems Blood Red)

under white lighting its red, other lighting options make it more black looking just like

real blood looks at night, 

I like this effect, but im sure I will test some other dye options at some point as this

is the 1st time iv used clear hard tubes.

20150919_190504_zpsoao3yj1j.jpg

in the back you can see the re-worked fan covers, now flat black with the centres sanded clear to capture light.

20150919_190444_zpsl7u9vym7.jpg

20150919_184156_zpsvvpvy0ra.jpg

Hope to be back very soon with the final photos,

:)

I like the fan grills much more now, and the lesser amount of coolermaster logos looks good too. Nice spot for the temp sensor in there as well, I almost didn't see it at first.

Also I see the xenomorph now!

I think they look better now too, forgot to say I removed some badges :)

sensor screens are just at the right angle for me to see them from a seated position, as if I have them level with the desk they become dim or washed out.

use to have shelf's where the Alien is but now im low on space for all my crap, might have to move it & stick some shelf's back up when I can be bothered drilling the walls again lol

May be a bit much to ask, but do you have blueprints for this stunning desk?

May be a bit much to ask, but do you have blueprints for this stunning desk?

Sorry for the late reply, been working on getting everything rdy for final photos now all my bits are here,

Im asked lots of times about blueprints, cant share any as i dont have any to give unless i make some, all work was done from looking at the artwork posted & what's in my head.

only sizes I noted was H,W & L of the overall desk as I needed to be sure it would be ok for my arms & legs,

but i got that a bit wrong and had to re-cut half way though the build & reduce the hight by 2 or 3" as my arms wasn't level with the desktop :(

The project looks very nice you did a wonderful job GTaTz!

The only issues I see Is fitting a chair under the desk and moving it, that thing looks heavy.

Amazing craftsmanship not just the desk it self but all the mods. Freaking outstanding really.

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

The project looks very nice you did a wonderful job GTaTz!

The only issues I see Is fitting a chair under the desk and moving it, that thing looks heavy.

Thanks mate, I will show this in the video at a later date, 

the chair fits to the point that the arms hit the desk, I wouldn't want to get any closer as I use the armrests 99% of the time.

the photos make it look less space than I really have though,

Nice! That looks amazing.

Thanks ;)

Amazing craftsmanship not just the desk it self but all the mods. Freaking outstanding really.

thanks. yeah this build was all about the desk & fittings, the components will come and go over the years but i hot to keep the desk for as long as i have the space :D

Well after what feels like years, the desk is finally done & photographed for all to see :)

firstly, I think picking RED as my main colour was a mistake!

not for me, as it looks fine IRL, but I just cant get the reds to show correct on the photos, 

So any photos that have what looks like PINK or ORANGE lighting please try imagine that its RED lol

because of this problem I decided to take most photos with blue or white lighting on & cut down on the reds used :(

I plan on getting a new camera later so will upload some more if they look any better,

For now I have plenty of OK photos for you to look at & a youtube vid will be done over the next couple of weeks.

It will be mostly picture links now, so I will say thanks to everyone for the input during my logs & the positive attitudes that

help encourage myself & others to keep on building & posting, 

Thanks to all the people that helped me carry things around due to my leg problem,

Carl, Barry, Ian, Andreas & lots more, especially the wife.

& all the sponsors that help with the costs of components & support throughout the build.

This desk was designed with the hope it would look as good OFF as it would on, so it was all about shapes & natural light, 

I have very little light in my small room as you will see soon lol.

with the shapes came the problem of usability & practicality,

i tackled this in a couple of ways, not all perfect but enough to hide/store my clutter & make the desk usable for daily tasks

like gaming :D

I know its a bit whack compared to most desks, but I hope you like the final result even if you wouldn't want it in your living-room :)

lets crack on so I can get some sleep!

DSC_0591_zpsfjanpz4r.jpg

A_0103_zps7w2i3y3l.jpg

A_0051_zpstrvlgvt2.jpg

H_0431_zpsn6e4k3bb.jpg

G_0370_zpseuugxber.jpg

F_0301_zpsd1pm7wfd.jpg

DSC_0566_zpsm0kne1cu.jpg

DSC_0514_zps5v9u1h9o.jpg

DSC_0469_zpswozbksdy.jpg

B_0211_zpsorslsrgp.jpg

B_0122a_zpsdng7ba0y.jpg

A_0224a_zps9msqwb3v.jpg

A_0147a_zpsdh3zvgwo.jpg

A_0142a_zpsnphwnllo.jpg

20150923_160329_zps8h9uvj00.jpg

20150905_160635_zpsca4jbktv.jpg

20150919_190430_zpsmvvuw7px.jpg

I have some more photos on my FB page @ higher resolution if interested.

thats all for now, I will be sure to add any new photos that I think are woth posting & ofc the video link when done :)

to end this off heres a photo from the start..

06_zpsgplqlc8i.jpg

Thanks again to all that participated, & please do let me know you final thoughts, Good or bad.. :)

Rob (Deblow)

:-O:-O:-O:-O                      :-O:-O                  :-O:-O                               :-O:-O:-O

:-O          :-O                      :-O:-O                  :-O:-O                         :-O

:-O          :-O                      :-O     :-O         :-O    :-O                     :-O      

:-O          :-O                      :-O            :-O           :-O                     :-O            :-O:-O:-O

:-O          :-O                      :-O                            :-O                        :-O                   :-O

:-O:-O:-O:-O                      :-O                            :-O                              :-O:-O:-O

Tried with emoticons but there is a maximum number of emoticons allowed per post.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

How big is that monitor? This is actually sort of a happy/ sad that you finally finished. Happy cause it's finally finished and it looks beautiful. But kinda sad cause I can't see any more updates on this amazing build. Good job mate! :)

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

Holy hell, that is a thing of beauty!!!!!!

|CPU| i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz |Motherboard| Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO |RAM| Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz |GPU| EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

|HD| 256GB SSD 850 PRO |Sound| Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance |Case| NZXT Phantom 410 |OS| Windows 10 x64