Spray paint vs Plasti dip

Kevinclon

I have a NZXT switch 810 and what to paint the black parts(I have a white case)

What are the pros and cons of each.

What scares me most is the smell of the spray paint dose plastidip have a similar smell

System

Don't Froget to Stay Happy

What scares me most is the smell of the spray paint dose plastidip have a similar smell

Plasti Dip is easily removable, Paint is not

johstewartboom_zps6fa3980d-who-will-repl

37362721.jpg

Plasti-dip does have that smell just work in a well ventilated area. As for the pros and cons other than the being removable part, Plastidip tends to be less durable in the sense of contact or abrasion if you scratch it since it will tear or rip. Also if you've never spray plasti-dip give it a few tries first because there are a variety of different finishes one can achieve from it, going from a sandpaper like flocked finish to a smooth orange peel so it's a bit more tricky in my opinion.

Working in marine paint and blast I have a little bit of experience with paints. The choice of paint mostly comes down to the finish you want, $$$ you are willing to spend and amount of time you are willing to invest. First question you need to ask yourself is what finish you are after and desired lifespan of the finish. For short term or something you aren't sure about plastidip is a great choice because you can easily remove it and change your mind. For a long term finish I would be stepping away from aerosols completely and looking at gravity fed guns with a good enamel. Urathanes will always give the smoothest finish however urathanes can travel huge distances while airborne making overspray a serious issue. If you want a satin or Matt finish enamels work a treat. If you don't have the $$$ or space to drop on doing a gravity fed gun finish on it aersols can give a fairly decent finish just be particular with your prep work. 90% of a finish is prep.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)