Having a Technilogical Brain Fart

Bill Cosby
Go to solution Solved by Davi_doos,

I have found a way. 
1. Click Start 
2. Under you user picture, right click Network 
3. Choose properties (this opens Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center
4. Click Choose homegroup and sharing options in the lower list (this opens Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Homegroup
5. Click Change advanced sharing settings... (this opens Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
6. The setting right before the last one is: Password protected sharing
7. Choose Turn off password protected sharing

How do i remove the password from my computer so that other computers on my network can access my computer from their computer. I have no clue how i have forgotten to do this, but please help. 

Thanks

in your url

try  192.168.0.1

what is your router

You should try editing your posts ..... Not posting 3 times when it could have been one ....

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

im not trying to connect to the router or the internet. I am sitting on a computer and through windows explorer i am trying to get to files on another computer, but there is a password needed. I have gotten rid of the password before, but i forgot how. sorry if i was confusing. 

You should try editing your posts ..... Not posting 3 times when it could have been one ....

heres the thing though... he was trying to help me. where as you have done nothing to help, and came here to troll some poor kid. 

ctrl+alt+delete, change a password.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

heres the thing though... he was trying to help me. where as you have done nothing to help, and came here to troll some poor kid. 

I was simply letting him know, He doesn't need to keep adding new posts when he could just edit the existing one.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

ctrl+alt+delete, change a password.

Nope, he wants to get rid of the password.

Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts

Past that into windows explorer.

Then click remove password (2nd option).

EDIT: The other option is to share the folder that you want to use, or make a workgroup.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Nope, he wants to get rid of the password.

Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts

Past that into windows explorer.

Then click remove password (2nd option).

Ahh I thought you could remove a password from there.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I was simply letting him know, He doesn't need to keep adding new posts when he could just edit the existing one.

no, you were being a wbm

@OP glad you could be helped :)

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

no, you were being a wbm

@OP glad you could be helped :)

I really didn't mean for it to rude, If you took it that way then there isn't much I can do about that... 

Wait sorry, thats not what i was looking for. Sorry im being confusing.

Here is my path. 

Windows Explorer > Network > (Computer on Network)

and i get a message asking me for credentials and to type in a password. But i dont have to do that for any of the other computers. 

So how do i allow my computer to access the other one. 

(I have control over both computers)

Maybe this helps

Sharing-help.jpg

Okay this is perfect. I have DONE this, and the problem i have is that when i go to connect to that folder to map it as a network drive, my computer wont allow me to get through. 

Wait, you're trying to make a network drive? That's completely different than sharing a drive. 

Right click on network in windows explorer 

rightclicknetwork.png

Then fill out the location of the folder (basically \\*computer name*\path)

networkdrivemenu.png

Of course you need permissions to do this.

EDIT: Though if you want access to folder/files and less of a hassle, just use a Workgroup/Homegroup

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I have found a way. 
1. Click Start 
3. Choose properties (this opens Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center
4. Click Choose homegroup and sharing options in the lower list (this opens Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Homegroup
5. Click Change advanced sharing settings... (this opens Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

THANK YOU DAVI! thats exactly what i needed! 

I have found a way. 

1. Click Start 

THANK YOU! this is what i needed!

I forget to do that, I'm sure it'll be fine so long as no one takes the piss.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I forget to do that, I'm sure it'll be fine so long as no one takes the piss.

Your words always confuse me...

Your words always confuse me...

What do you mean by 'my words always confuse you' ?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate