Project CARS devs address AMD performance issues, AMD drivers to blame entirely, PhysX runs on CPU only, no GPU involvement whatsoever.

You are putting words in my mouth.

The point if the devs lied about the nvidia sponsorship and we dont know what else they lied about and the extent of their lies.

So I would take their statement that its an AMD driver issue with a big truck load of salt.

Thats all i said.

First of all each and every new game shouldn't rely on driver optimizations, that's complete horse shit.

When was the last time I had to install Intel drivers to address poor performance in MS Excel?

Huh... what's that?

Well then maybe Intel released a driver for FireFox? No???

How come....

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

ahhh "The Lies" ofcourse, yup nvidia lied about everything. infact anything nvidia says is a lie, the cake is a lie right ? 

You know that when a company lies it hurts their credibility right?

Its pretty clear that the devs got some money for the nvidia sponsorships , yer they claimed they didnt get a penny from nvidia.

VERY DEFENSIVELY.

Which is shady as hell.

What else did they lie about.

I put their credibility in question.

You know that when a company lies it hurts their credibility right?

Its pretty clear that the devs got some money for the nvidia sponsorships , yer they claimed they didnt get a penny from nvidia.

VERY DEFENSIVELY.

Which is shady as hell.

What else did they lie about.

I put their credibility in question.

much angry, much intense.

anyway, this thread is not about how nvidia lied to the world and killed people in africa. 

please stop derailing every thread on forum of AMD/Nvidia on how nvidia lies? pretty please ?

much appreciated , no pun intended. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

You are putting words in my mouth.

No I am not.  "Product placements are usually related with money . They dont put nvidia sponsorship because of the kindness of their hearts." .

First of all each and every new game shouldn't rely on driver optimizations, that's complete horse shit.

When was the last time I had to install Intel drivers to address poor performance in MS Excel?

Huh... what's that?

Well then maybe Intel released a driver for FireFox? No???

How come....

Woah there buddy, CPUs and GPUs ain't completely the same thing.

They didn't get a penny in relation to the AMD driver issues, not in regard to adverts and product placement.

No I am not.  "Product placements are usually related with money . They dont put nvidia sponsorship because of the kindness of their hearts." .

much angry, much intense.

anyway, this thread is not about how nvidia lied to the world and killed people in africa. 

please stop derailing every thread on forum of AMD/Nvidia on how nvidia lies? pretty please ?

much appreciated , no pun intended. 

I was talking about the project cars devs not nvidia.

You guys didnt understand what i meant sigh.

What i said was very relevant to the thread.

They didn't get a penny in relation to the AMD driver issues, not in regard to adverts and product placement.

Can I get driver update for the new Furious movie? I  use OpenCL codec for it.

MS Office useses WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) that runs on DirectX to render UI - where are my drivers?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Can I get driver update for the new Furious movie? I  use OpenCL codec for it.

MS Office useses WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) that runs on DirectX to render UI - where are my drivers?

?

No. I kept replying to what you were saying. You showed a big picture of the NVIDIA logo in game and I said that is product placement and you went on, look at the replies, they're in this very thread.

Yup blaming nvidia for their lies is very relevant to why developer says AMD drivers are to blame for the performance issue. much logic./s

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i have a 780ti and shadow play on everything(never faced a situation i didn't work on), tell me  which game did it not work on? because your argument saying it doesn't work seems shady 

turning it on manually worked. the problem was the quick save functionality. It never seemed to save the last 20 second properly. the best i had it do was 5 seconds which is far from the 20 seconds it's supposed to save on the fly

turning it on manually worked. the problem was the quick save functionality. It never seemed to save the last 20 second properly. the best i had it do was 5 seconds which is far from the 20 seconds it's supposed to save on the fly

oh, i've never used the last 5 mins functionality, have always used manually, anyway, i've gotta test that out then, it maybe the case there was no space or you ran out of memory while it was unsuccessful? and did you write that data on HDD or SSD? if your file size is too large for it to buffer and write it may do that, in anycase, i'll test that feature on GTA 5 and let you know, if you had any game that it failed on, do let me know which game was it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

oh, i've never used the last 5 mins functionality, have always used manually, anyway, i've gotta test that out then, it maybe the case there was no space or you ran out of memory while it was unsuccessful? and did you write that data on HDD or SSD? if your file size is too large for it to buffer and write it may do that, in anycase, i'll test that feature on GTA 5 and let you know, if you had any game that it failed on, do let me know which game was it. 

it was written to an hdd and there was plenty of space. it could hold up to 5 hours of footage at 1080p 60fps (was recording mechwarrior online training matches at the time)

it was written to an hdd and there was plenty of space. it could hold up to 5 hours of footage at 1080p 60fps (was recording mechwarrior online training matches at the time)

again, this is the fist time i'm hearing this problem tell me which game was it and were you using beta drivers

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

The people still crying about how SMS can't code a game and are anti-AMD - riddle me this. 

Consoles run AMD hardware through and through, and based off every review while Project Cars is not some Crysis level visual stunner on the consoles, they certainly do well with what they have and the game does look very respectable. 

So it seems like SMS knows damn well how to code for AMD and how to get the most out of the hardware, I find it hard to believe that the coding knowledge they have only works for AMD consoles and Intel/Nvidia and then goes out the window for AMD on the PC. Cause you realize how stupid that sounds? It sounds very stupid. 

Fuck logic, lets just blindly defend a company because they are being "bullied" and "picked on" and whatever else.

I cant believe this thread is not just alive, but thriving still. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

again, this is the fist time i'm hearing this problem tell me which game was it and were you using beta drivers

mechwarrior online was the game and at the time i only used official drivers. Only ended up installing a beta driver after i gave up.

So it seems like SMS knows damn well how to code for AMD and how to get the most out of the hardware, I find it hard to believe that the coding knowledge they have only works for AMD consoles and Intel/Nvidia and then goes out the window for AMD on the PC. Cause you realize how stupid that sounds? It sounds very stupid.

I highly doubt coding for xbox, ps4 or the pc is the same, regardless if they all use amd hardware, APIs are simply not the same.

I highly doubt coding for xbox, ps4 or the pc is the same, regardless if they all use amd hardware, APIs are simply not the same.

This.

Different arquitectures , and in the consoles they have NO CHOICE except AMD hardware.

In the pcs they clearly partnered with nvidia to bring out the pc version . 

That is clear to everyone . Whats funny is that they said they didnt get a penny from nvidia in any way and you see nvidia banners all over the game.

I find it hard to trust them.

This.

Different arquitectures , and in the consoles they have NO CHOICE except AMD hardware.

In the pcs they clearly partnered with nvidia to bring out the pc version . 

That is clear to everyone . Whats funny is that they said they didnt get a penny from nvidia in any way and you see nvidia banners all over the game.

I find it hard to trust them.

I highly doubt that they crippled AMD performance on purpose it's getting ridiculous at this point it wouldn't be the first time AMD having performance issues due to drivers GTA V as a recent example.

And people even blaming PhysX for it when it's only using CPU PhysX which is completely open and has an SDK.

RTX2070OC 

This.

that was old gen people, Ps4 and Xbox one are basically PC's using X86 arc. don't come back quoting me saying no there are not basically PC's but you get the point 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

mechwarrior online was the game and at the time i only used official drivers. Only ended up installing a beta driver after i gave up.

so that was one issue with one game? that's all ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

The people still crying about how SMS can't code a game and are anti-AMD - riddle me this. 

Consoles run AMD hardware through and through, and based off every review while Project Cars is not some Crysis level visual stunner on the consoles, they certainly do well with what they have and the game does look very respectable. 

Fuck logic, lets just blindly defend a company because they are being "bullied" and "picked on" and whatever else.

This is nonsense on so many levels.

- Regardless of whether they're same hardware, they don't use the same API.

- Even if they were using the same API, that would make this situation make a hell of a lot less sense. Consoles don't get driver updates and yet they got the game to run fine on the consoles. So what's the reason a gtx 960 is beating a 290x if, as you said, they know how to code for amd hardware in consoles which don't get driver updates? 

http://www.techspot.com/articles-info/1000/bench/1080p_Clear.png

In your own words: Fuck logic

PS: That benchmark is more evidence Nvidia is sabotaging their own cards so that people buy their new ones. Or maybe you're going to tell me next that Maxwell is the next coming of Jesus, which is why a 960 beats a 780 and a 770 and is almost tied with a Titan.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

that was old gen people, Ps4 and Xbox one are basically PC's using X86 arc. don't come back quoting me saying no there are not basically PC's but you get the point 

The gpu arquiteçtures are different and they are using a different API like the post above this one stated.

Its not an apples to apples comparison by  any means.

And like the poster above said the gtx 960 beats a 290x . Even in GTA V where amd drivers for that game are çrap you dont see this gap between gpus.

There are so shenanigans going with the developer and nvidia no doubt.

1080p_Clear.png