Project CARS devs address AMD performance issues, AMD drivers to blame entirely, PhysX runs on CPU only, no GPU involvement whatsoever.

I've been let down my shoddy AMD/ATI drivers in the past, why I stick to nvidia, yet to have a problem.

I have friends in the same position, I really tried to convince them to get a 270 instead of a 750 but they wouldn't have it.  It's just like the old saying goes, "once bitten twice shy"

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have friends in the same position, I really tried to convince them to get a 270 instead of a 750 but they wouldn't have it. It's just like the old saying goes, "once bitten twice shy"

NVIDIA users get bitten all the time but people dismiss it as a one-off and move on. Whether it's drivers that destroy GPUs or wrong HDMI color ranges or games crashing on start up or multi-monitor problems, or planned obsolescence, SLI stutter etc... That's how strong nvidia's marketing is and it has had an effect on people. When AMD has an issue people are looking to connect it to some trend or find a pattern.

Anyway IMO as far as windows drivers go I think both nvidia and AMD do a solid job, and both have occasional issues which I think is hard to avoid since both companies live on the bleeding edge of tech and innovation.

NVIDIA users get bitten all the time but people dismiss it as a one-off and move on. Whether it's drivers that destroy GPUs or wrong HDMI color ranges or games crashing on start up or multi-monitor problems, or planned obsolescence, SLI stutter etc... That's how strong nvidia's marketing is and it has had an effect on people. When AMD has an issue people are looking to connect it to some trend or find a pattern.

Anyway IMO as far as windows drivers go I think both nvidia and AMD do a solid job, and both have occasional issues which I think is hard to avoid since both companies live on the bleeding edge of tech and innovation.

Honestly, I have been a tech enthusiast since the mid 80's.   I have seen companies come and go,  I have seen AMD and Intel swap positions on who has the best, I have seen AMD and Nvidia bunny hop each other for market share and performance crowns (it's only been in correlation with AMD's financially destructive last decade that the bunny hopping stopped).  I don't think Nvidia's lead at the moment has anything to do with people dismissing stuff.  It's simply because over all AMD has struggled to be able to invest the same as Nvidia.  If AMD survive this glut they are in you can bet your arse the tables will turn and AMD will end up with a higher share of the market again. And when the tables turn people will still be making the same comments as they are now, the only difference is AMD and Nvidia names will be reversed.   People will be blaming whatever AMD's next middleware solution is for poor performing Nvidia cards. People will be claiming the only reason AMD has the market lead is because the consumers are gullible and bought out by AMD marketing budget.  Ect Etc etc.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have friends in the same position, I really tried to convince them to get a 270 instead of a 750 but they wouldn't have it.  It's just like the old saying goes, "once bitten twice shy"

In 5 years of using AMD gpus I have had the following driver issues:

- Artifcating on my 270x , possibly driver related , possibly a defective card.

- That well known MSAA gta V beta driver issue.

Hmm thats all.

Anedoctal evidence I know but thats my experience . So I never got the "AMD drivers suxxss" rants at all.

I have seen AMD and Nvidia bunny hop each other for market share and performance crowns (it's only been in correlation with AMD's financially destructive last decade that the bunny hopping stopped).

AMD and NVIDIA bunny hopping has not stopped. It would be a surprise if AMD's upcoming 3xx series fails, AMD always seems to deliver on GPUs.

Competing with Intel on CPUs is a different story. Multiple CPU generations have shown Intel's dominance for a decade.

Because its meant to be run on the graphics card not the CPU. Do you even know anything about PhysX?

you have anything more credible than a google search results of steam discussion ? 

EDIT : do you even know what physx is ? 

Educate me brah, What is Physx?

Why steam discussion is not credible?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Hmm thats all.

Anedoctal evidence I know but thats my experience . So I never got the "AMD drivers suxxss" rants at all.

My experience is similar. Switched to AMD only last year but my R9 290 had been stupendously good and given me more trouble-free enjoyment than any GPU I've previously owned. Had it for a year now. Again I understand that a personal anecdote is not statistically significant, just sharing for what it's worth...

Educate me brah, What is Physx?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_faq.html

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Hmm thats all.

had a 780ti for about 6 months. Shadowplay was a piece of shit that didn't work half the time (seriously here. that thing refused to work properly for me), had video driver reset during gaming sessions, 1 second freezes on ocasion in games due to gpu utilization dropping to 0% for some reason, oc was a bit of a pain due to having to restart the entire machine if the oc failed and the driver crashed.

traded with someone for a 280x toxic and a windforce 7970ghz plus a bit of cash and ive had only 1 crash when i accidentaly prematurly stopped the driver installation which was fixed with a quick driver cleaning and reinstalation and no other problems. And keep in mind that the 780 ti had just an old 1280x1024 monitor while the crossfire setup is running 3 4k monitors.

Hmm thats all.

That's the thing with issues like this, they typically don't effect everyone the same.  You only have to pick a product at random then pick an issue at random like "sound blaster live stutters"  and you can see that there are people out there who have had conflicts between that device and motherboards, drivers, other cards and so on. But we all know SB aren't known for bad drivers.  Like wise for every person who has a bad experience with product A there is someone with the opposite problem.  It just seems that enough people have had issues with AMD drivers for it to become a reputation.

For the record I have never had drivers issues with nvidia.  But I am guessing with 76% market share (or whatever it is right now) I am not alone.

AMD and NVIDIA bunny hopping has not stopped. It would be a surprise if AMD's upcoming 3xx series fails, AMD always seems to deliver on GPUs.

Competing with Intel on CPUs is a different story. Multiple CPU generations have shown Intel's dominance for a decade.

Of course the bunny hopping stopped, since 2005 Nvidia has maintained GPU AIB market lead (which correlates heavily with their financial troubles).  I don't want to get into a performance debate becasue that's just pick a graph any graph.  There are enough review graphs out there at the moment you can prove just about anything you want.  I will say however at times each company has had what is clearly the better performing card over the last 5 years.

Of course the bunny hopping stopped, since 2005 Nvidia has maintained GPU AIB market lead (which correlates heavily with their financial troubles). I don't want to get into a performance debate becasue that's just pick a graph any graph. There are enough review graphs out there at the moment you can prove just about anything you want. I will say however at times each company has had what is clearly the better performing card over the last 5 years.

Ok, no arguments... Didn't realize you were talking about market share.

Shadowplay was a piece of shit that didn't work half the time (seriously here. that thing refused to work properly for me), had video driver reset during gaming sessions, 1 second freezes on ocasion in games due to gpu utilization dropping to 0% for some reason, oc was a bit of a pain due to having to restart the entire machine if the oc failed and the driver crashed.

i have a 780ti and shadow play on everything(never faced a situation i didn't work on), tell me  which game did it not work on? because your argument saying it doesn't work seems shady 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

heh, why do you think it IS credible ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Ok, no arguments... Didn't realize you were talking about market share.

I was actually talking about both.  Though I think if we where to ignore market share and just talk about raw performance then I'd agree, they have been bunny hoping.  But where the hops are and at which times really comes down to end user, price in that country,  desired features etc.  If that makes my stance a little clearer?

Hmm thats all.

But still, that is 2 more than what I have had with my NVIDIA GPUs... now 3 because of this.

Just stating my facts...

But still, that is 2 more than what I have had with my NVIDIA GPUs... now 3 because of this.

Just stating my facts...

I have bought project cars  , and I dont trust the devs this is a driver issue since they also said they werent paid a cent by nvidia and you have nvidia

banners all over the game . So it affects their credibility and my ability to believe their statements.

2 issues in 5 years of AMD cards.

Yeah its WAY overblown thought word of mouth

I have bought project cars  , and I dont trust the devs this is a driver issue since they also said they werent paid a cent by nvidia and you have nvidia

banners all over the game . So it affects their credibility and my ability to believe their statements.

Now this is starting to really be fanboying, They did a statement saying they didn't got paid, what else more do you want. A public investigation?

Yeah its WAY overblown thought word of mouth

It's still more than I had with NVIDIA, yet.

Now this is starting to really be fanboying, They did a statement saying they didn't got paid, what else more do you want. A public investigation?

It's still more than I had with NVIDIA, yet.

Its CLEARLY fanboying.

fsmdmFe.jpg

I mean clearly.

Its CLEARLY fanboying.

I mean clearly.

Well product placements, that's in every game really, mostly sports and racing but that does not mean they paid to make AMD GPU work badly.  It wouldn't make any sense. And by fanboying I meant that you keep on defending defending AMD when I state facts about bad drivers and you just say I had 2 problems, still, you had problems.

Well product placements, that's in every game really, mostly sports and racing but that does not mean they paid to make AMD GPU work badly.  It wouldn't make any sense. And by fanboying I meant that you keep on defending defending AMD when I state facts about bad drivers and you just say I had 2 problems, still, you had problems.

Yeah i had problems . Nothing is perfect buddy.

Is it as bad as people say? Is it utter garbage? No , not from my experience .

Product placements are usually related with money . They dont put nvidia sponsorship because of the kindness of their hearts.

If they lied about not being paied by nvidia what else did they lie about?

Product placements are usually related with money . They dont put nvidia sponsorship because of the kindness of their hearts.

Yes, the company will pay you to do a product placement but they won't pay you to make rival GPUs make the game run bad. This is starting to be some conspiracy theories. FFS,

Yeah i had problems . Nothing is perfect buddy.

Is it as bad as people say? Is it utter garbage? No , not from my experience .

i'm sure Burger king and Gillette sponsored Burnout so it would sell their products

also it feautes nvidia billboard, so it won't run properly on AMD because nvidia sponsored it right ? and the game would run better if people buy their product also? sure it must be very anti-competitive right ?

ssVUViR.png

post-21562-0-60542700-1431352993_thumb.j

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Yes, the company will pay you to do a product placement but they won't pay you to make rival GPUs make the game run bad. This is starting to be some conspiracy theories. FFS,

https://youtu.be/DUnx6SDwWHM?t=26m30s

#thecompetitionisgreenwithenvy

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

You are putting words in my mouth.

The point if the devs lied about the nvidia sponsorship and we dont know what else they lied about and the extent of their lies.

So I would take their statement that its an AMD driver issue with a big truck load of salt.

Thats all i said.

You are putting words in my mouth.

The point if the devs lied about the nvidia sponsorship and we dont know what else they lied about and the extent of their lies.

So I would take their statement that its an AMD driver issue with a big truck load of salt.

Thats all i said.

ahhh "The Lies" ofcourse, yup nvidia lied about everything. infact anything nvidia says is a lie, the cake is a lie right ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker