Project CARS devs address AMD performance issues, AMD drivers to blame entirely, PhysX runs on CPU only, no GPU involvement whatsoever.

that's no football, that's american soccer, real football involves a real ball played by foot. 

real footballers don't use a round ball either, they kick with an egg shaped one which is harder to mark, bounce and predict.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

real footballers don't use a round ball either, they kick with an egg shaped one which is harder to mark, bounce and predict.

both takes skill no doubt, i'm just saying american soccer shouldn't be called football, just doesn't make sense how egg shaped soccer they hold can he called a ball.  and there's more wrestling, going on rather than actually playing with foot.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Like it was said before, it isn't Nvidias problem that AMD can't find two pennies to rub together to take their driver optimization seriously.

Why should Nvidia open up proprietary tech? You guys think open source actually propels the industry forward? It stagnates it, if anything.

Why should Nvidia be forced to give handouts to the worlds worst #2? AMD is literally shittier than Pepsi is to Coke, and Coke hasn't crushed Pepsi to death simply because they'd rather avoid being labeled a monopoly. Not because they actually challenge them in any meaningful way.

AMD should perhaps follow Nvidias lead, stop making shitty commercials and stupid advertising, and put the money towards engineers who can do some good.

Didn't bother reading the last 46 pages but I found this 'review' prettty interesting:

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/the-community-assisted-review-of-project-cars/

It isn't 100% objective but it shows that this game was massively overhyped due to the fact it was a Kickstarter project.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Didn't bother reading the last 46 pages but I found this 'review' prettty interesting:

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/the-community-assisted-review-of-project-cars/

It isn't 100% objective but it shows that this game was massively overhyped due to the fact it was a Kickstarter project.

This is pretty hilarious:

amd.jpg?w=656

What strikes me the most is Freesync/Gsync . I used to switch between NV/AMD - now I'll have to be stuck with one team until I'll buy new monitor.

Welcome to the world of vendor lock in, thanks to closed proprietary technology (Adaptive Sync is free for NVidia to adopt).

Wasn't it posted a few weeks back that the driver makers have to fix all the crap devs do?

It was an NVidia employee, so pretty good source. If this crap continues,, gfx drivers will be 1GB in a few years.

See? AMD is too damn stubborn for their own good. People who blindly support a company that does things this stupid are idiots. It was their own fault for their failure to release a true successor to the Phenom II's, and its their own damn fault for not having PhysX and CUDA. 

Yeah what kind of idiot would support a company, that uses close proprietary, anti competitive tech, to force vendor lock in, thus lowering options, and raising prices. What idiots.

There is no reason for AMD to buy into CUDA, when OpenCL is slowly taking over. Notice how no one bought NVidia for the crypto currency mining frenzy?

Why do they wear helmets and should pads?

It's silly American Handegg. The game, which purpose, literally is to give the opponent permanent braindamage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

both takes skill no doubt, i'm just saying american soccer shouldn't be called football, just doesn't make sense how egg shaped soccer they hold can he called a ball.  and there's more wrestling, going on rather than actually playing with foot.

it's american rugby

it's american rugby

they still call it football for some reason 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

they still call it football for some reason

And they call real football soccer.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

no one's talking about soccer or football.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

only brits and americans call it soccer, we, the rest of the world, call it football

only brits and americans call it soccer, we, the rest of the world, call it football

Brits call it Football as far as I've seen.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

no one's talking about soccer or football.

It was just a note I wanted to leave.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

If everyone follows that suggestion/advice NVIDIA will have a monopoly and they will be able to do whatever they want pricing wise.

If 100% of the çonsumer stopped buying AMD gpus and bought nvidia ones.

I dont think thats healthy , either AMD or another çompany like possibly intel in the future needs to present some competition.

Intel could if AMD would license its fundamental patents which it (ATI) and Nvidia have used for decades to keep other competition from cropping up. AMD either needs to buy the CUDA license, let Intel onto the field, or just go under and let the FTC force Intel to give an x86 license to someone.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Welcome to the world of vendor lock in, thanks to closed proprietary technology (Adaptive Sync is free for NVidia to adopt).

It was an NVidia employee, so pretty good source. If this crap continues,, gfx drivers will be 1GB in a few years.

Yeah what kind of idiot would support a company, that uses close proprietary, anti competitive tech, to force vendor lock in, thus lowering options, and raising prices. What idiots.

There is no reason for AMD to buy into CUDA, when OpenCL is slowly taking over. Notice how no one bought NVidia for the crypto currency mining frenzy?

It's silly American Handegg. The game, which purpose, literally is to give the opponent permanent braindamage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy

OpenCL is not taking over. When Intel bought a CUDA license and made their iGPUs andXeon Phi compliant, that pretty much sealed OpenCL's fate. Why switch when the performance isn't as good on AMD accelerators and you'd have to rewrite the entire library? Intel is helping rewrite a lot of HPC algorithms for OpenMP and OpenACC, both platforms which Intel, IBM, and Nvidia readily support. AMD is just making stupid, stubborn decisions which give consumers less choice and gives AMD a lower bottom line.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

OpenCL is not taking over. When Intel bought a CUDA license and made their iGPUs andXeon Phi compliant, that pretty much sealed OpenCL's fate. Why switch when the performance isn't as good on AMD accelerators and you'd have to rewrite the entire library? Intel is helping rewrite a lot of HPC algorithms for OpenMP and OpenACC, both platforms which Intel, IBM, and Nvidia readily support. AMD is just making stupid, stubborn decisions which give consumers less choice and gives AMD a lower bottom line.

Yea, I couldn't believe his nonsense of having no reason to buy into CUDA. OpenCL is being left behind, everyone else seemingly got the memo. 

Idiocy is supporting a company that doesn't appear to give 2 shits about its future and refuses to use anything that will help it significantly.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Idiocy is supporting a company that doesn't appear to give 2 shits about its future and refuses to use anything that will help it significantly.

And what company might that be? Surely you're not talking about the company, bringing the next gen Vram, aka. HBM to market, or is the main driver behind, the next gens (yes plural) of graphics API's, in DX12 and to a very large extent, Vulkan, along with the first physics hair ever in TressFX?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

And what company might that be? Surely you're not talking about the company, bringing the next gen Vram, aka. HBM to market, or is the main driver behind, the next gens (yes plural) of graphics API's, in DX12 and to a very large extent, Vulkan, along with the first physics hair ever in TressFX?

Yes I'm talking about AMD, Nvidia tried to help AMD several times by giving them CUDA for free, thus allowing AMD to run Nvidia features on their card which would have lead to more direct competition. And don't forget that Intel is licensed to use CUDA as well, which would really help their iGPU. And PhysX allows significantly better hair effects then "TressFX', Microsoft has been working on DX 12 for years-AMD didn't push them to do anything, and honestly you don't know about the high CPU overhead with AMD's current graphics drivers do you? Because Mantle was only a way for AMD to cover their ass and make people think that their API was good, when in reality it was barely better than Nvidia's DirectX 11.

PMSL

Yes I'm talking about AMD, Nvidia tried to help AMD several times by giving them CUDA for free, thus allowing AMD to run Nvidia features on their card which would have lead to more direct competition. And don't forget that Intel is licensed to use CUDA as well, which would really help their iGPU. And PhysX allows significantly better hair effects then "TressFX', Microsoft has been working on DX 12 for years-AMD didn't push them to do anything, and honestly you don't know about the high CPU overhead with AMD's current graphics drivers do you? Because Mantle was only a way for AMD to cover their ass and make people think that their API was good, when in reality it was barely better than Nvidia's DirectX 11.

And Freesync was just a way to kick back at Nvidia.

Seriously, company A releases a product with a brand new idea, and a few months later, their competitor releases a product that does almost the same thing and adds "Free" into its name(even though it's not free). That's just...wrong.

And they didn't really do anything either. They just built a way for their GPUs to communicate with a part of the monitor which can offer adaptive sync, a feature which has been built in into eDP for quite some time now. Then they just pushed that adaptive sync to become a VESA standard for all monitors, which it did, but it became just an optional standard.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Seriously, company A releases a product with a brand new idea, and a few months later, they competitor releases a product that does almost the same thing and adds "Free" into its name(even though it's not free). That's just...wrong.

They also blur the line between open-source and open-standard a fair bit too, neither company is perfect.

Seriously, company A releases a product with a brand new idea, and a few months later, they competitor releases a product that does almost the same thing and adds "Free" into its name(even though it's not free). That's just...wrong.

And Nvidia was trying to actually help them, and instill more competition , since AMD graphics cards would have been able to have the same features as Nvidia cards, then performance becomes the main focus again and AMD would actually need to compete more rigorously. (Repeating myself, but people don't always read whole posts).

PMSL

They also blur the line between open-source and open-standard a fair bit too, neither company is perfect.

Yeah, when they were asked why they called it free it was because it was "free of borders, free for devs,etc; Freesync is open-source"

Who the heck calls open-source projects "Free" and not "Open"?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.