Project CARS devs address AMD performance issues, AMD drivers to blame entirely, PhysX runs on CPU only, no GPU involvement whatsoever.

LOL, seriously tho. That proprietary Nvidia technology is a scourge of gaming industry. How many games recently, that had plastered ''the way it's meant to be played'' all over it, run like shit on AMD hardware? And what about incoming titles, like Witcher 3.

Recommended specs:

- Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770

- AMD GPU Radeon R9 290

Seriously? 290 vs 770 >.>

Those specs are questionable. Given proper coding, a 290 should walk all over a 770 (Which is a glorified 680 rebrand). Hell a 280/280x meets or beats a 770 in many situations.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'll just say this, maybe the reason AMD didn't work on their drives to fix the coding of PCars (which if you think about it is more telling of programmers working on PCars than AMDs driver support) is that

1) soon to launch new cards (need drivers)

2) GTA V (continued support and vastly more popular)

3) Witcher 3 (will need drivers and vastly more popular)

4) Star Citizen (continued support and vastly more popular even in its current state).\

Meanwhile a (very good looking) small car sim's dev's are complaining they should have been given support because "we gave dem da keyz"

Played it at my friend's house. He is using a R9 290. Project Cars worked great on it.

They are throwing statements and accusations, but they do have the Nvidia logo right up. Also we all know how the Nvidia thing works. They give the tools to the developers, provide help to their projects and allow them to use their technologies working closer to them. However you must have their shield and be on their side, and also reduce your cooperation with other GPU makers to the minimum if possible not providing any code for their proper drive optimization.

This isn't the first time this has happened on a gameworks project, and each time its a case of everyone pointing at each other to blame everyone else. It's like watching politicians.

fsmdmFe.jpg

NVIDIA HAS NOT PAYED US A PENNY.
BLATANT NVIDIA ADVERTISIMENT.
Lol
Another game nerfed for the red team.
Dont blame drivers lol . The way its meant to be played games are still broken for AMD , games like the batman series run MUCH better on nvidia cards and they have been out forever.

lol uses gameworks then blames amd for bad performance its like ubisoft blaming amd for bad AC unity performance on amd cards which is another gameworks title

Stopped reading the devs quotes when he claimed they didn't receive money from NVIDIA.

I don't get how this came to a 4 page topic, when that's pretty much a /wrap.

Anyway, like it's usual in this community, the hate train has departed, I'll just throw my two cents coin at it:

This is yet just another of the typical game dev bitching, because their customers are demanding quality from their game (who would fucking guess people actual want quality when they spend their hard earned money?!). Yes it's not AMD game, or Intel, or NVIDIA. It's devs game.

If the devs actually cared about the performance and the quality of the drivers of the game, trust me, they would get it.

The solution isn't "Oh we gave AMD 20 licenses"... really, what the actual fuck! They could have game AMD 1,000,000 licenses for all we care. Just because AMD isn't shipping engineers to a studio that it's actually being supported by their competition - and probably such thing was never proposed by either party - doesn't mean AMD drivers are shit because AMD doesn't care.

What we've read was one side of the story - and let me tell you, very poorly made and extremely biased story. This story tells us the tale for the reason why we will continue to receive shit products from the gaming industry, because some game developers are either fucking clueless or simply don't care about their products !

Has a product manager I would never, EVER, let the quality of the products I manage be compromised because I've let it's performance being in charge of a fucking third party. If there were actual problems I would be all over their asses to fix such issues. The problem is - when you don't care - either because you are a bad professional, or because you think that the deals you've already cut are just enough for the results your management is expecting (so yeah, bad professional), then you can pass the hot potato of this issues to blame it on others.

It's THEIR GAME, THEIR PRODUCT, so just take some FUCKING RESPONSABILITY FROM YOUR OWN SHIT, GROW THE FUCK UP, AND SUCK IT.

Fucking discusting... This is the kind of companys that I expect to get no support from their clients, yet people insist on throwing money at them and eat shit for excuses.

i think the reason behind Nvidia's policy of not allowing the devs to release gameworks codes to AMD because its their tech. why would anyone share their tech (secret formula etc) to their rival company?

Graphics drivers being poorly optimised merely means the game is poorly written and the GPU maker in question hasn't corrected the developer's sloppy work. Really, that's all it means. The result is still poor performance under AMD drivers but they are not to blame really. If I was to blame a GPU manufacturer it'd be nVidia. If they helped in the development and helped code the game they surely would have made it run as smoothly as possible on their own cards, no doubt, but I wouldn't put it past them to deliberately use techniques that they know will reduce performance with competitors.

Reminds me of this...

Funniest_Memes_it-s-amd-s-fault_176.jpeg

Reminds me of this instead:

d7de6a0c75.jpg

Okay kiddos:

• Gameworks does not have some secret code to sabotage AMD performance. If that were the case, we'd see significant gaps between competing Nvidia and AMD hardware. If you look at my signature, I get quite a few benchmarks from Anandtech that compared Geforce to Radeon cards in Gaming Evolved titles, non-sponsored titles and Gameworks titles. You will notice that the general performance scaling across the board remains the same more or less. Even in Gaming Evolved (AMD) titles, Nvidia's flagship cards will still beat out Radeon cards. AMD's name is plastered on those games yet Nvidia is winning? Shouldn't that tell you something?
  • There is even a case with Metro: Last Light, a Gameworks title, where a 290x is beating out the original Titan. Clearly Nvidia is sabotaging AMD hardware. /s
  • Crysis 3 is a Gaming Evolved title, yet Nvidia's flagship cards are beating the Radeon flagship cards.
  • You will notice most of the time the 290x will trade blows with the 780 in every case.
  • Even in Assassin's Creed: Unity, the 290x is keeping up with the 780, as usual.
  • Lower end cards are a different story and I don't have enough information to go on to make a conclusion there.
  • It doesn't matter how much of the game is "made with Gameworks". Gameworks effects can be toggled off if the option even shows up for Radeon cards since those effects aren't made for Radeon cards.

And before someone replies and brings up just ONE example that runs badly on AMD cards across the board (one of you continually brings up a Batman game), begone from the discussion. The other games I brought up in my example from my signature outweighs the weight the argument you can come up with.

Another thing, I specifically remember Ubisoft saying "we're going to work with AMD to fix the issues" or something along those lines during the release window of Assassin's Creed: Unity. What the kids of the internet did was turn it into an "Ubisoft is blaming AMD hurr durr" situation and that wasn't the whole truth by any stretch. You kids need to stop turning shit into something that it's not because you're spreading misinformation and that's fucking wrong.

You guys wonder why there's so many butthurt people "who like Nvidia"? Well, that's why.

And before someone accuses me of being an Intel/Nvidia shill, I own two different rigs. One has an FX 6300 and a Sapphire Vapor-X 280x (got the 280x at a good deal, otherwise I would have put a 270 in there). I also own a rig with an Intel i5 2500k and an EVGA 980. So there's my close-to unbiased tax.

Okay kiddos:

You guys wonder why there's so many butthurt people "who like Nvidia"? Well, that's why.

Kiddo? Bit patronising. EDIT: Looking at some of the replies in that spoiler, it may be warranted.

Anyway...

Gameworks does not have some secret code to sabotage AMD performance

Never said it did- nor do I think that, I just observed this seems to be a recurring pattern particularly in gameworks titles. For whatever reason. And the companies seem to point fingers at each other so it's not easy to determine exactly what the issue is.

This isn't the first time this has happened on a gameworks project, and each time its a case of everyone pointing at each other to blame everyone else. It's like watching politicians.

I don't no.

I'm no AMD Radeon shill either, I don't own or use a recent nvidia card for completely unrelated reasons but I'm certainly not biased or closed minded about them and their products.

Kiddo? Bit patronising.

Anyway...

Never said it did- nor do I think that, I just observed this seems to be a recurring pattern particularly in gameworks titles. For whatever reason. And the companies seem to point fingers at each other so it's not easy to determine exactly what the issue is.

I don't no.

Yes, kiddos. It feels like I'm talking to kids who don't listen to anyone and just go about their fantasies. I've shown evidence time after time to prove my points yet there's a select group of members who refuse to acknowledge that they're wrong, or won't even stop spreading their stupidity.

There isn't a problem with Gameworks titles. The problem is the devs not getting with AMD to get driver optimizations done, or vice versa.

Yes, kiddos. It feels like I'm talking to kids who don't listen to anyone and just go about their fantasies. I've shown evidence time after time to prove my points yet there's a select group of members who refuse to acknowledge that they're wrong, or won't even stop spreading their stupidity.

There isn't a problem with Gameworks titles. The problem is the devs not getting with AMD to get driver optimizations done, or vice versa.

I feel I was put in that group accidentally :P

Another reason why I didn't go AMD for GPUs... their drivers. everyone tells me the opposite that they're drivers are normal etc and yet I see stuff like this.

Kiddo? Bit patronising. EDIT: Looking at some of the replies in that spoiler, it may be warranted.

Anyway...

I don't no.

I'm no AMD Radeon shill either, I don't own or use a recent nvidia card for completely unrelated reasons but I'm certainly not biased or closed minded about them and their products.

Dont bother arguing with him.

I mean this ALWAYS happens in nvidia the way its meant to be played games , ALWAYS.

So AMD drivers always suck more when nvidia pays game devs .

Did the drivers also suck for AMD on this nvidia game?

1680.png

650 ti boost matching a 270x . Its always the same tune when nvidia games are involved and the devs always blame AMD.

Same thing happened with unity / ubisoft.

But of course nvidia is holier than thou and is never wrong , nor does it ever do any miss doings.

They talk about rationality but here we see the same persons blindly defending nvidia at every turn.

This is clearly an nvidia game :

fsmdmFe.jpg

I mean this ALWAYS happens in nvidia the way its meant to be played games , ALWAYS.

<snip>

Don't worry I'm not arguing with anyone, I regret even replying to this thread. :P

I just think my post was misinterpreted and wanted to clear it up.

Another reason why I didn't go AMD for GPUs... their drivers. everyone tells me the opposite that they're drivers are normal etc and yet I see stuff like this.

Because it's true the lower sales don't come for no reason.

GTA V was a good example where Nvidia had WQHL drivers and AMD released their driver update in a BETA driver which is the case all the time.

RTX2070OC 

I still don't get why people seem to think it's normal that optimizations should be done in the driver, not the game. 

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I still don't get why people seem to think it's normal that optimizations should be done in the driver, not the game. 

Because that's how it works under DX11 which is what DX12 fixes.

RTX2070OC 

Because that's how it works under DX11 which is what DX12 fixes.

I sincerely doubt it fixes that.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I sincerely doubt it fixes that.

It does.

GPU access over DX11 is a huge problem so they need to do it on the driver level.

AMD even talked about it in their Mantle showcases.

Of course not every dev will use Low Level access but at least in AAA titles the issue should be minimal with DX12.

RTX2070OC 

I feel I was put in that group accidentally :P

You did say something, but no it wasn't to the extent of others. I just wanted to grab everyone who was even talking about the subject or wondering about it. I don't mean any ill-will toward anyone, but I do find it annoying when just one example is continually brought up and other examples are misinterpreted for the intent of shaming companies and their customers that've done nothing wrong.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, one member likes to continually bring up a Batman game since that's the only real example they can come up with and can be easily tied into AMD's drivers not being coded correctly for the game, or the game not being coded well enough to run on all hardware. Has nothing to do with Gameworks whatsoever.

Exhibit A:

So AMD drivers always suck more when nvidia pays game devs .

Did the drivers also suck for AMD on this nvidia game?

1680.png

650 ti boost matching a 270x . Its always the same tune when nvidia games are involved and the devs always blame AMD.

Same thing happened with unity / ubisoft.

But of course nvidia is holier than thou and is never wrong , nor does it ever do any miss doings.

They talk about rationality but here we see the same persons blindly defending nvidia at every turn.

This is clearly an nvidia game :

Developers have never blamed AMD, holy fucking shit, stop. I can see in the Project Cars example how one would draw that conclusion, but not anywhere else. In the Project Cars case, they've apparently been reaching out to AMD to get their drivers better, but no luck since last October apparently. How hard is it to understand that both Nvidia and AMD will work on drivers for games, even though the game may have AMD or Nvidia plastered all over it?

Don't worry I'm not arguing with anyone, I regret even replying to this thread. :P

I just think my post was misinterpreted and wanted to clear it up.

Again, I didn't mean any ill-will toward the entire group I replied to, just a select few and you happen to get drug into it since you mentioned something about the issue.

Because it's true the lower sales don't come for no reason.

GTA V was a good example where Nvidia had WQHL drivers and AMD released their driver update in a BETA driver which is the case all the time.

Yep, GTA V to. 

-snip-

But the facts are there. 2 games, GTA V and Project Cars and probably more than I know of. The AMD drivers are having problems yet you told me the opposite the other day. 

Just downloaded the game and all i can say bravo Slightly Mad Studio, you done fucked it up. 

Gold release vs older March build | Same graphic settings

Gold | 27 FPS | Low GPU usage

wmMuyjI.png

March build (forgot which build) | 56 FPS | High GPU usage

16896216945_bea2fac095_o.png

I think those Nvidia's signboard boost my FPS in this build. 

They also announced the 2nd delayed on March to "polish" the game. Polish my ass. 

I'm downloading "older release" to check if my current driver actually drive the performance down, 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Okay kiddos:

• Gameworks does not have some secret code to sabotage AMD performance. If that were the case, we'd see significant gaps between competing Nvidia and AMD hardware. If you look at my signature, I get quite a few benchmarks from Anandtech that compared Geforce to Radeon cards in Gaming Evolved titles, non-sponsored titles and Gameworks titles. You will notice that the general performance scaling across the board remains the same more or less. Even in Gaming Evolved (AMD) titles, Nvidia's flagship cards will still beat out Radeon cards. AMD's name is plastered on those games yet Nvidia is winning? Shouldn't that tell you something?
  • There is even a case with Metro: Last Light, a Gameworks title, where a 290x is beating out the original Titan. Clearly Nvidia is sabotaging AMD hardware. /s
  • Crysis 3 is a Gaming Evolved title, yet Nvidia's flagship cards are beating the Radeon flagship cards.
  • You will notice most of the time the 290x will trade blows with the 780 in every case.
  • Even in Assassin's Creed: Unity, the 290x is keeping up with the 780, as usual.
  • Lower end cards are a different story and I don't have enough information to go on to make a conclusion there.
  • It doesn't matter how much of the game is "made with Gameworks". Gameworks effects can be toggled off if the option even shows up for Radeon cards since those effects aren't made for Radeon cards.

• I don't think anyone assumes GameWorks comes with code, that outright sabotages AMD, I think that would even be illegal. But GameWorks IS proprietary, black boxed code, that AMD does not have access to directly. As such, it will never be possible for AMD to fully optimize on the code; especially, if the code is fundamentally built for NVidia architecture, and thus be naturally bad to run on AMD. (I will get back to the links).
  • 290x is a much more powerful card than 780. Generally 780 tends to be a tiny bit faster than 290, and 780ti a little bit faster than 290x, at lower resolution, and not ultra textures (too little vram on the 780 series). But you will also notice that Metro Last Light is not filled up with all the gameworks effects. It's primarily PhysX, being used, which will run in a simplified version of the CPU on non NVidia systems.
  • Crysis 3 does not have any proprietary AMD tech as such, so why would it worse on NVidia?
  • 290x should beat 780 in all games, if they where fully optimized for both vendors. Only 780ti and above should beat a 290x. Kinda disproving yourself here.
  • Again, should be better, but yeah, even in ubisoft gameworks games, AMD seems to have rock solid drivers, that run these games with less issues than NVidia themselves. I have had no issues with Unity on my machine, with the exception, that it's simply not running well enough.
  • Don't know enough of the low end part either.
  • But that is a huge issue imho. As a paying customer, I want the experience showed, and promised to me. Gimping the game, by disabling these things is a ripoff, when I payed for that level of graphical fidelity.

And before someone replies and brings up just ONE example that runs badly on AMD cards across the board (one of you continually brings up a Batman game), begone from the discussion. The other games I brought up in my example from my signature outweighs the weight the argument you can come up with.

pcars_c_1920h.png

This is Project Cars. The difference between 290x and 780 non ti (a card 290x should always beat), is over 48% performance difference for the 780. Have you EVER heard of ANY driver update, that resulted in a performance increase of almost 50% on a single card, in a game not fundamentally broken?

We are talking a 660ti beating a 290x!

The general difference between a gaming evolved title and a the way it was meant to be played, is that the latter usually uses proprietary black boxed GameWorks effect. It seems to always be gameworks titles, that causes problems. Why is that?

For gaming evolved, the two exceptions are:

• TressFX for Tomb Raider 2013, where NVidia gained FULL source code access to TressFX, after the game was released. As such, the effect runs just as well on NVidia today as AMD.
  • Mantle, which is not an effect, and therefor has no effect on the graphical fidelity or anything else on NVidia systems. In fact all mantle games, have fully functional dx11 for NVidia's users, which means that they are not put in a disposition due to mantle.

I really don't understand, how you cannot see the huge issue with gameworks. But maybe this article might help: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/183411-gameworks-faq-amd-nvidia-and-game-developers-weigh-in-on-the-gameworks-controversy Page 3 and 4 are the most important. Some excerpts:

According to Valve programmer Rich Geldreich, the principle benefit of GameWorks is that it gives Nvidia an opportunity to optimize segments of code that it wouldn’t normally control directly.

“[T]here are fundamental limits to how much perf you can squeeze out of the PC graphics stack when limited to only driver-level optimizations,” Geldreich told ExtremeTech. “The PC driver devs are stuck near the very end of the graphics pipeline, and by the time the GL or D3D call stream gets to them there’s not a whole lot they can safely, sanely, and sustainably do to manipulate the callstream for better perf. Comparatively, the gains you can get by optimizing at the top or middle of the graphics pipeline (vs. the very end, inside the driver) are much larger.”

So according to a VALVE programmer, there is only so much a driver optimization can do. Now remember the benchmark further up? 50% performance difference! Do you honestly still think, this is a driver issue? Next excerpt:

Could GameWorks be used to harm AMD (and by extension, AMD gamers)?

AMD: Absolutely yes. Games that are part of the GW program have been much harder for us to optimize.

Nvidia: Theoretically yes, but that’s not the point of the program or the reason we developed it.

Developers say: AMD has valid reason to be concerned.

Developer, here being the same valve programmer as above.

I generally have no issue with middleware API's that help devs (especially smaller ones), achieve great optimized graphics, and help pushing the entire industry forward. But when it's AMD and NVidia doing it, I think it being proprietary, closed source, and not shared for optimization is a huge industry problem, that especially hits the consumers hard. NO ONE should condone this behaviour.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

why can't it just be that the nvidia cards ran the games better? do you have to bring up the nvidia game works card every time?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

@Notional @zappian

Gonna leave this here. I'm not saying anything else about this because the evidence is clear.

Here are actual users reports with AMD cards saying that the game runs fine:

From the LTT Thread:

I have a AMD card and do not have any issues. I have been playing the game for 2 years too.

I have not had issues with FPS in this game for over a year now.

I get 50 FPS at 3440 x 1440

What is the issue? it runs fine on a 290x I get 50 fps at 3440 x1440

From OC.net:

So far seems to be working fine when it's not raining with Crossfire R9 290X VAPOR X 8GB cards in 4k.

--snipped the images because the forum is being mean for some reason--

You guys are absolutely RIDICULOUS. Have any of you played the game yet with an AMD card or are all of you just basing your anger off of the graphs? I played Project Cars last night for 6 hours straight on ONE 7970 in 1080p and I had ZERO issues. Constant 60FPS. 

This thread is pathetic

Agreed! I have this game on Crossfire R9 290X and it works fine.  It could be better optimized and looking forward to the next AMD BETA driving addressing this.

It's running just fine on my rig. At absolute max settings @ 1080p w/ DS9X & SMAA High I'm getting 40-45fps, at tweaked Ultra w/ MSAA & SMAA High I'm getting 75-80fps.

Both gpu's are ~95-99% usage @ 1100MHz. (Using Catalyst 15.3 beta). Crossfire 7950's

As bad as this game is for AMD i have no problem with my System.

A moderator discovers why AMD has problems at stock settings (has to do with stock Power Limits):

http://www.overclock.net/t/1554407/various-project-cars-pc-benchmarks/90#post_23886414

Ah, Alatar's post explains why it seems to run fine on my OC'd 290s.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1554407/various-project-cars-pc-benchmarks

If that doesn't calm your titties, there's no hope for ya'.

I also fee like people do not realize this is NOT a AAA title and is a low budget game.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Okay kiddos:

Another thing, I specifically remember Ubisoft saying "we're going to work with AMD to fix the issues" or something along those lines during the release window of Assassin's Creed: Unity. What the kids of the internet did was turn it into an "Ubisoft is blaming AMD hurr durr" situation and that wasn't the whole truth by any stretch. You kids need to stop turning shit into something that it's not because you're spreading misinformation and that's fucking wrong.

And before someone accuses me of being an Intel/Nvidia shill, I own two different rigs. One has an FX 6300 and a Sapphire Vapor-X 280x (got the 280x at a good deal, otherwise I would have put a 270 in there). I also own a rig with an Intel i5 2500k and an EVGA 980. So there's my close-to unbiased tax.

im not saying there is some secret code that makes it run worse im saying they dont let amd see the gameworks part of it so how are they suppose to optimize for it. and ubisoft said unity has problems on amd gpus only.

crysis runs fine on nvidia gpus because amd doesnt have something like gameworks

the original titan is a gpu iteration lower than r9 290x and it also depends on how much of the game relys on gameworks

You did say something, but no it wasn't to the extent of others. I just wanted to grab everyone who was even talking about the subject or wondering about it. I don't mean any ill-will toward anyone, but I do find it annoying when just one example is continually brought up and other examples are misinterpreted for the intent of shaming companies and their customers that've done nothing wrong.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, one member likes to continually bring up a Batman game since that's the only real example they can come up with and can be easily tied into AMD's drivers not being coded correctly for the game, or the game not being coded well enough to run on all hardware. Has nothing to do with Gameworks whatsoever.

Exhibit A:

Developers have never blamed AMD, holy fucking shit, stop. I can see in the Project Cars example how one would draw that conclusion, but not anywhere else. In the Project Cars case, they've apparently been reaching out to AMD to get their drivers better, but no luck since last October apparently. How hard is it to understand that both Nvidia and AMD will work on drivers for games, even though the game may have AMD or Nvidia plastered all over it?

Again, I didn't mean any ill-will toward the entire group I replied to, just a select few and you happen to get drug into it since you mentioned something about the issue.

Oh Jesus Christ.

Someone thinks with an ounce of rationality and all of a sudden I'm an Nvidia shill.

GG

nvm misread but you can see by his allegations that he is full of lies. "nvidia hasnt paid us a penny" and yet you have nvidia logos everywhere. also "the same email from amd was on october of last year" "we had back and forth emails yesterday" last time i checked yesterday was not october of last year

why can't it just be that the nvidia cards ran the games better? do you have to bring up the nvidia game works card every time?

because normally on most games the amd card would have beaten the nvidia card. a r9 290 run games better than a gtx 770