Good games to start out with?

TerminalVelocity

Finally installed Windows on my PC, and I've been looking for some games to start out with.  The only games I've really played are like Minecraft, Portal, and TF2.  What do you recommend?

I don't always use Vessel.... but when I do, it's because of Scrapyard Wars.

Finally installed Windows on my PC, and I've been looking for some games to start out with.  The only games I've really played are like Minecraft, Portal, and TF2.  What do you recommend?

Killing floor if you like zombies, 

BF4 if you like FPS or CSGO

GTA, Darksiders for 3rd person stuff as well as witcher which is on sale now so buy it

Binding of isaac

saints row

South park game is amazing as well if youre into it

I like having something like age of empires on in the background if im watching something or generally chilling on the web

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Kerbal Space Program. 

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Here's some titles /series of games i quite enjoyed, look into reviews of each then give whichever ones you like the look of a go.

Mass Effect trilogy

Dragon Age trilogy

The Witcher trilogy (3rd one is out in a few days)

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

Skyrim (mod the fuck out of it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

Black Mesa

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 4

Bioshock trilogy

F.E.A.R trilogy

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

S.T.A.L.K.E.R trilogy

Star Wars: Knight Of The Old Republic 1 & 2

System Shock 2

Max Payne trilogy

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Here's some titles /series of games i quite enjoyed, look into reviews of each then give whichever ones you like the look of a go.

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

Never got into the Metro games. Are they much different from other games from the same genre?

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Never got into the Metro games. Are they much different from other games from the same genre?

I guess it falls under the action category, but it also has other elements in it (horror, post-apocalyptic etc) - watch some reviews of it, and see what you think of it.

Everyone has different tastes & opinions.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

depending on your style of games (sorted under playstyle)

kerbal space program

cities:skylines

farming simulator 15

besiege

Gmod

rust

half life series (and have your shiny new GPU sit idle)

honestly, more people should give racer ( http://racer.nl/) a try, but sadly the community made cars are disappearing faster than the official download server can give you the game.

I guess it falls under the action category, but it also has other elements in it (horror, post-apocalyptic etc) - watch some reviews of it, and see what you think of it.

Everyone has different tastes & opinions.

Definitely more of a shooter, not an action game.

It all depends on your own personal taste and what you didn't like about the games themselves. Not every shooter is the same as another. Plenty of them are different. Metro is very different to Call of Duty, for instance... and Bioshock is nothing like Team Fortress 2. Yet they're all technically "shooters".

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Definitely more of a shooter, not an action game.

It all depends on your own personal taste and what you didn't like about the games themselves. Not every shooter is the same as another. Plenty of them are different. Metro is very different to Call of Duty, for instance... and Bioshock is nothing like Team Fortress 2. Yet they're all technically "shooters".

True, I hate COD but love BF, dont mind bioshock. Would you say metro is in the same line as fallout, bioshock and skyrim? or?

True, I hate COD but love BF, dont mind bioshock. Would you say metro is in the same line as fallout, bioshock and skyrim? or?

As far as atmosphere (the "feeling" the game has), I'd say Metro is closest to Bioshock out of those 3, though the setting is post-apocalyptic, so more in line with Fallout from a marketing standpoint.

Fallout tends to have more humor, but Metro is more serious.

Metro is nothing like Skyrim. Skyrim isn't really a shooter (unless you count running around with a bow and arrow in the same vein as shooting people), it's mostly just an open-world RPG. Metro is very linear.

Honestly, I'd say Metro is the same as none of those games. The only thing I'd really compare Metro to is the Stalker series, though Stalker is more of an open-world survival game, and Metro is linear and story based. They both have a pretty similar mood though.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Go play crysis 3 on high details and just look at the textures :-)

MP: CS:GO, League of Legends, GTA 5, Arma 3, Dayz or War Thunder.

SP: Metro, Crysis 1/2/3, Just Curse 2, Total War, Cities Skylines, Grid 1

(can't believe no has mention this) Batman Arkham series.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

dota 2, csgo (i dont recommend starting with mm) play alot of deathmatch (not matchmaking deathmatch), surf maps, bhop maps. DiRT Rally is really fun, dark souls 2, chivalry medieval warfare, GTA V for sure, i dont recommend payday 2 at all, it really is too easy to get money and xp by farming 1 easy heist instead of doing 30 mins heist and getting less than you could by farming, got bored from it in like 3 days no joke, gta v kinda makes up for that, you could still farm missions but the money you get decreases the more you do the same mission, and you get heists which are really fun, very rewarding and somewhat challenging compared to payday 2, and you STILL have tons of options to do whatever you want in gta v (golf, tennis, trolling, motorcycle stunts and etc...), bfbc2 is one of my fav games, tho i dont know if the community is still alive.

all of the games ive listed i guarantee you will get atleast 50 hours on no problem. 

go for PC exclusives first and foremost. Play the games you cannot get anywhere else.

Spoiler

CPU:FX 8350 4.4 ghz (Upgrading to a 6700k!).Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R 2.0 (Upgrading to a Z170 Pro4!).GPU: Sapphire R9 290 (Arctic Cooler).RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (Upgrading to 16gb ddr4 2400mhz!) PSU: Cooler Master B700. HDD: 120gb Hyper X Fury SSD, 500gb 5400rpm Caviar Blue Cooling: Hyper 212 (Switiching out with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim for new build) 2x stock case fans.
Future Upgrades: h100i cooler, corsair sp120 fans, 1080p monitor, AMD->Intel CPU Switch