EVGA releases DDR3/DDR4 memory

mvitkun

CBpZKua.png

EVGA is expanding their presence in the PC market by adding memory to the already large list of parts they make/brand.

• motherboards
  • power supplies
  • heatsinks,
  • graphics cards
  • peripherals
  • Memory

EVGA has made a fairly good name for themselves with their graphics cards and it seems that they, like Asus, want to have their brand present in as many pc categories as possible.

Chart.png

Their SuperSC memory has DDR3 and DDR4 variants, their DDR3 is available in 1600, 1866, 2133, and 2400mhz SKUs while their DDR4 is available in either 2666 or 2800mhz SKUs.

Their DDR3 is available in both 8GB (2x4GB) and 16GB (2x8GB) capacities while their DDR4 is available in only a 16GB (4x4GB) capacity.

The memory, as far as out of box performance goes, doesn't seem particularly impressive with fairly average timings even on the DDR3 but it's possible that EVGA has simply underrated the memory and that it overclocks quite well, anythings possible.

What it sacrifices in loose timings and higher voltage however it gains back by being priced quite competitively, the 8GB 2400mhz variant is available for only $49.99.

jXjxYDy.png

sPZNf09.png

If you were thinking to order this memory on Newegg and complete your all EVGA system then I'm sorry to disappoint you as this memory is exclusive to Microcenter (In-Store only), and it's currently unknown whether it'll eventually become available from other retailers/e-tailers.

Overall it's probably not huge news, unless this is actually EVGA made memory and not rebrands of another company's memory line.........in which case this is huge news, but I doubt it.

So what should you take away from this news?

EVGA is selling memory with their brand on it now, to people with a microcenter near them  ;), and if there's one thing that you can expect from it it's that it'll have the same good customer service we've come to expect from EVGA.

It doesn't innovate, but it brings down the price of the black pcb aesthetic and the 2400mhz speed that's been available at higher price brackets....I think that's enough to warrant its existence.

EVGA Article EVGA Article Cached (if you experience trouble loading the original article as I did)

slide_premium_heat_spreader.jpg

slide_black_PCB.jpg

slide_carefully_selected_chips.jpg

slide_optimal_memory_timings.jpg

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Who cares? I just download mine. I have 10000Mhz DDR6

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

Oh look, more black angular memory modules WITH NO LED'S.

Make that sh*t glow fools.

Wouldn't be hard to mod an LED strip in to it. I don't like the sticker though.

Always trying to find reason.

Wouldn't be hard to mod an LED strip in to it. I don't like the sticker though.

I'm sure it wouldn't, but how about powering it off of the dimm slot instead of some cable that would have to be hidden?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

MC exclusive? then it shall not be cared about

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Looks like every other stick of memory.... gg EVGA

Project Tomahawk:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz

GPU: Asus Strix RX 480

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Storage: 2x Western Digital 2TB Enterprise + 240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Case: Corsair Air 540

Additional: Cablemod C-Series black/red kit, SP120, AF140 and AF140 w/ red LED's all around

Project Frankenstein:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 Mhz

GPU: MSI R9 280 3G Twin Frozr

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W

Storage: Western Digital 1TB Enterprise + 240GB Partiot Torch SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define S

Sheila (Server):

Spoiler

Dell R210:
CPU: Intel Xeon x3450

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600 Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation 

Marvin (Server)

Spoiler

Dell R210ii

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation

BLACK PCB! <33

If they do not allow other merchants to sell this ram I am going to be pissed. I am an EVGA fan but I can't help that there isn't even a Microcenter in my state. I feel like they ripped my heart out and ate it in front of me. t-t

That would be a plus...but without it the ram still looks mighty fine. :drools

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I mean if you want LEDs there's always Avexir, Klevv, Crucial, and a few others.

Would you really want all manufacturers to just sell ONLY LED memory?

I mean give them a break $49.99 for an 8GB 2400mhz kit is pretty darn good, provided you don't need it for editing since it doesn't have the tightest timings.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

It doesn't look new at all. Looks similar to the G.Skill Ripjaws. Not much you can do with the design of the RAM and the limited merchants doesn't make this look like a smart move. 

BLACK PCB! <33

If they do not allow other merchants to sell this ram I am going to be pissed. I am an EVGA fan but I can't help that there isn't even a Microcenter in my state. I feel like they ripped my heart out and ate it in front of me. t-t

in my adobted city province country or my home city province country continents side of the planet

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

EVGA generally makes nice design, so I honestly expected more than this. Just looks like cheap ram. Should have made something nicer, like Klevv.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Can someone tell EVGA that 3D fonts are so 2011 ? :P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Looks a lot like corsair vengeance LPX nad g-skill ripjaws if you ask me, so not very different at all from everything else. If it was more like the Avexir stuff then it'd be more interesting, but this is just meh.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

HYPE!!!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Can someone tell EVGA that 3D fonts are so 2011 ? :P

But the font looks awesome. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

But the font looks awesome. :(

I mean I am down for that aluminium font but that orange fire looking one just looks too much for a freaking RAM Kit, they didn't invented like a new GPU or something

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

It doesn't look new at all. Looks similar to the G.Skill Ripjaws. Not much you can do with the design of the RAM and the limited merchants doesn't make this look like a smart move.

And their power supplies are Seasonic rebrands......and yet tons of people buy those for the same reason they'll buy this memory, it's a good value.

Not everything has to be innovative.

Why is everyone trashing EVGA on this, they're selling a 2400mhz 8GB memory kit for a base price of $49.99 which is $10 less than anybody else.

Linus Sebastian said:

Not the best looking.. but hopefully it'll come with EVGA quality.  Still will likely give Klevv all my money when they're a bit cheaper.  That design *_*

I mean I am down for that aluminium font but that orange fire looking one just looks too much for a freaking RAM Kit, they didn't invented like a new GPU or something

The banner with the orange font wasn't on the article, it was on the microcenter ad.

Might've been Microcenter who added the orange font.

Linus Sebastian said:

why is it so freaking hard to find water cooled ram? my 2 480 rads are screaming for more stuff to cool.

"Carefully selected" 

So Samsung then? Not the full on baller Samsung ICs but decent enough ones. 

Could have made the 2133MHz kits timings better though :I

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The banner with the orange font wasn't on the article, it was on the microcenter ad.

Might've been Microcenter who added the orange font.

But isn't it also one the RAM module itself ?

BLACK PCB! <33

I mean if you want LEDs there's always Avexir, Klevv, Crucial, and a few others.

Would you really want all manufacturers to just sell ONLY LED memory?

I mean give them a break $49.99 for a 8GB 2400mhz kit is pretty darn good, provided you don't need it for editing since it doesn't have the tightest timings.

HYPE!!!!!

My main problem with the current crop of LED rem is pretty much ugly looking. I'd like to see some company make a ram module with a nice looking heatsink and nice looking lighting.

Also, this one just looks exactly the same as every other black angular ram module out there.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs