Clean your video card cooler

I allways use an old half toothbrush to clean my PC case and the Gpu's. My current Gpu's are actually quite good at getting rid of dust ands gives me access to get rid of the dust. Usually by blowing inbetween the gaps on the sides and top of the graphic card I can usually blow out most of the dust. Another tip every 1 or 2 months give your pc system a good clean. I again use my trusty old toothbrush and a hoover.  People say NEVER use a hoover because of static. This might be true for some people but ive been doing this for over 10 years now and its allways worked for me. Another tip don't get the hoover to close to inside your PC case. use the toothbrush to lift the dust off whatever surface your doing. Then have the hoover blow out the dust particles from within the case.I 

I feel that IceCold007 is close to the best procedure for cleaning of a graphics card but I really think that everyone missed a major step in the cleaning to gain performance area. Notice the fins in the video at 1:26, 2:29 and while spinning at 5:34 are still dirty before and after the cleaning. Those fan are almost identical in design to the ones used in residential blower assemblies and that is one area in fairly familiar with beings that I've been doing that type of work for 11 years. As everyone knows, the part of the whole system that is solely responsible for moving the air are the fins, so if the fins are dirty then the performance is diminished. Now to elaborate more on the method of using a tooth brush for cleaning, you really have to make sure that the fin are perfectly clean so that they are able to do their jobs as design and not hindered by the buildup of dust on the concave area of the fins. Also here is an exert from the performance of fans like these from http://smyth1. com/spring-commercial-air-conditioning-maintenance/ --   Fan blade efficiency.Dirty or bent fan blade can greatly reduce efficiency as well. Squirrel cage fans are designed to scoop air and push it. A dirty blade will not  have the capability of moving the designed volume of air

Good luck and clean properly :)

Current build in progress http://pcpartpicker.com/p/b8FPcf

How about relubricating the fans in the next video too? Sometimes the fans can get very bad, especially on the MSI TwinFrozr II (nvidia 400-500 series), they have these issues very often. See how far I got mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a1enw2LSdQ

It got the stop-spin feature from 900 series, but it doesn't stop the fans in idle, it's stopping them in burn! :lol:

MB: Asus Z97-A | CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Ti Gejmink 3G | Memory: Σ32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250GB | HDD: Σ2TB WD Blues | PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Silver | Case: Antec P182 | Cooling: Noctua NH-C14, all case fans Noctua | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + 2x Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-A900 (closed) & Hifiman HE-350 (open) | Speakers: M-Audio BX5a Deluxe | Mic: M-Audio Producer | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 rip midclick Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 (Cherry MX Blue)

Also, if you're wondering how the stop-spin feature on my fermi works:

1tQ5bYu.png

MB: Asus Z97-A | CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Ti Gejmink 3G | Memory: Σ32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250GB | HDD: Σ2TB WD Blues | PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Silver | Case: Antec P182 | Cooling: Noctua NH-C14, all case fans Noctua | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + 2x Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-A900 (closed) & Hifiman HE-350 (open) | Speakers: M-Audio BX5a Deluxe | Mic: M-Audio Producer | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 rip midclick Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 (Cherry MX Blue)

Makes me wish I'd taken pictures when I cleaned out both my and my brothers GPU a couple of years ago, cat hairs. Even after so many years of us both moving away from home, and my system hadn't even been in the same house as the cat EVER, they were everywhere!

And consider that the cat in question lives about 400km away in a straight line!

100psi air compressor will work better than a dinky can of air. You can get fairly cheap "pancake" compressors online.

$60 bucks sounds like a lot, but then you factor in the cost over time of canned air, and it's a no brainer. Also the other cool things you can use with an air compressor.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-gallon-100-psi-oilless-pancake-air-compressor-95275.html

At 100 psi with an air sprayer (with a small nozzle on it) you won't need to take any cooler apart, but be damned sure that fan doesn't spin freely.

(you may need to buy an air nozzle attachment and hose though.)

air compressor is a bad idea unless you have some sort of anti-condensation thing to go along with it.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

air compressor is a bad idea unless you have some sort of anti-condensation thing to go along with it.

Or you use the drainage plug on the bottom of it before blowing it into your PC. Even still, I've done it plenty of times, never had an issue. Just make sure to de-energize your PC before cleaning it out. If some condensation comes out onto a specific piece, be sure to blow as much of it off as you can. I have a twin tank compressor, and it does blow out some condensation, but usually only in spurts, and only if I hold the nozzle in a certain position.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

No its not. I've been using and air compressor for every PC that I have to clean and I've never had any problems. I just drain the tank after every use.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3