Logitech MX Master for Gaming?

Go to solution Solved by TheRetiredSlave,

I just bought an MX Master for my dad.

While it isn't a "gaming" mouse that has some crazy 1000 hz refresh rate and whatever, it felt perfectly responsive with no noticeable lag using the USB dongle (though the only gaming I did with it was some simple BF1942).. I don't know how it would perform if you do high ranking CS:GO competitions, but its still an excellent mouse (of course, how well you perform in games is primarily up to your own personal skill, not your mouse).

It's heavier than my G700s (and has no weight adjustment), so you should only get it if you prefer large heavy mice. I did find it to be a bit more comfortable as well, though that's a matter of personal preference..

Hi Guys and Girls,

i wanted to ask if anyone does have a Logitch MX Master and if it is a good wireless gaming mouse? I want to buy a MX Master but the Question is if i still need my Logitech G402 when i have a MX Master.

Thanks for your help :)

If you get a new mouse you won't need your old mouse, though I'd keep it around as a backup.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I have the mx performance and if its anything like the MX master (The newer one) it's not that good for gaming since it feels heavy when moving it so if I were you, buy a different mouse, one more suitable for gaming because the MX master is quoted on logitech site for professional use. Stick to using your g502 or upgrade to the newer one. 

Well since I have nothing to say on this issue I will quote someone that said something about it recently lol

I like love the MX Master and continue to use it at the default 800dpi even though there is a driver conflict on my system because its that good. As for the driver conflict im 90% sure its my system causing the issue not the driver. Yea but this one I would have bought even it I didnt do that because it is the one true successor to the MX Revolution. I dont really know if I would recommend it for gaming though.

Cause there is quite a bit of latency since it a productivity mouse and is bluetooth based. I mean im not saying you cant use it just that it might not be the most optimal to say the least.

If your fine with using a non gaming mouse to game then youll be fine with this one. For a gaming mouse its a bit big and heavy but thats all personal taste I guess. dont expect to use anything other that the main 3 buttons in games though as their not defined enough to use like that.

i dont have that specific mouse but i can tell you that you don't necessarily want a wireless mouse for gaming

The G402 is fine. No need to spend more money to get a new mouse.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Wait. What kind of gaming?

Cause if latency isnt' a issue for you, then i would go with it as its a beautiful mouse, having both Bluetooth and Wireless options... im getting one. But i would try it out for a week or so and see how it feels, it may work out that you want to use this one for your main everyday work and the other for gaming. You wouldn't be the first to do that :)

Plus logitech do wireless well. My M510 that came with my wave has only required one new set of batteries in the past 4 years. Six months ago. I actually don't notice anything different compared to wired.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

While it isn't a "gaming" mouse that has some crazy 1000 hz refresh rate and whatever, it felt perfectly responsive with no noticeable lag using the USB dongle (though the only gaming I did with it was some simple BF1942).. I don't know how it would perform if you do high ranking CS:GO competitions, but its still an excellent mouse (of course, how well you perform in games is primarily up to your own personal skill, not your mouse).

It's heavier than my G700s (and has no weight adjustment), so you should only get it if you prefer large heavy mice. I did find it to be a bit more comfortable as well, though that's a matter of personal preference..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I've got one and I love it for general use, it fits well in my big hands, and feels really great to the touch, but if you just want it for gaming maybe stick with the mouse you currently have, or invest in a different wired gaming mouse, if latency will be an issue for you. (I personally don't do any gaming that requires really quick latency's and I much prefer having wireless then wired.)

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Wait. What kind of gaming?

Cause if latency isnt' a issue for you, then i would go with it as its a beautiful mouse, having both Bluetooth and Wireless options... im getting one. But i would try it out for a week or so and see how it feels, it may work out that you want to use this one for your main everyday work and the other for gaming. You wouldn't be the first to do that :)

Plus logitech do wireless well. My M510 that came with my wave has only required one new set of batteries in the past 4 years. Six months ago. I actually don't notice anything different compared to wired.

I mostly play high rank CS:GO so i think i will most certanly stay with the 402.

Well since I have nothing to say on this issue I will quote someone that said something about it recently lol

you could have posted links to that thread or posts but it works :P

i dont have that specific mouse but i can tell you that you don't necessarily want a wireless mouse for gaming

I call BS on that.

The G402 is fine. No need to spend more money to get a new mouse.

I use both MX Master for basically everything except gaming. :P

• 3 years later...
On 5/4/2015 at 9:37 PM, Nougatcookie said:

Hi Guys and Girls,

i wanted to ask if anyone does have a Logitch MX Master and if it is a good wireless gaming mouse? I want to buy a MX Master but the Question is if i still need my Logitech G402 when i have a MX Master.

Thanks for your help :)

Hi everyone, 

found this before I bought a gaming mouse. Didn't care much for the answers. 

context: I am a dedicated gamer. I must spend an average of 20-30h a week on various games, these days mostly Destiny 2. 

the MX master is fine for gaming. 

I bought a "gaming mouse" on amazon recently. (mine had broken down). And I was very displeased with the handling. As a full time Graphic Designer I use a MX Master for Work. I though, why not give it a try. success.

the mx master has superb handling, there's no lag what so ever with the bluetooth response delay, but most importantly: The 3 side buttons are immediately recognised by any game. And just so you understand: That's not the case with other mice. On a tecknet mouse: Those inputs are not registered by Destiny 2, Diablo III or Metal Gear Solid 5. 

conclusion yes: Get a MX master for gaming. the design is spendid, my work one has years in and still works perfectly. The software is perfect. It's logitech quality. go for it. (£30-40 on ebay).