HTC One Mini 2 will not receive Lollipop update

This is why in my opinion Apple are still leading the way in the Smartphone Market in relation to software.

Now Its not as large of an issue as it used to be however Android Fragmentation is still an issue, When I purchase any device be it a phone, computer ect I expect it to be running the latest version of the software it is running. I see Software Updates as an Essential part of the buying process for me which is why I was almost going to get rid of my OnePlus One a few weeks back due to the lack of a 5.0 Update which has now arrived (Still running Cyanogenmod).

With HTC a Large Android OEM lacking in this department for their "Medium to High" end Smartphones is 100% Not acceptable and should offer an Update. 

Infact when I am finished with my OnePlus One due to the point I've made above I may return to Apple as I don't want to be stuck with the same version of the OS when an Android OEM Promises updates at the time of purchase and then says "Oh because we didn't put enough RAM in we can't give you an update". I have been burned with this Twice on the Android side of things and really they should be subject to a class action lawsuit.

Anyway Rant over, Google needs to be setting the expectations for the OEMs of the Specifications needed for their updates and for OEMs to have a set system telling consumers if the phone is "Updatable".

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Technically no. He said the os is less stable so it isn't the apps. Perhaps his phone is constantly crashing, which may be a problem for everyone if he is using the same configuration as everyone.

its not crashing, lollipop just uses much more ram than kitkat which slows my phone sometimes