Google's experimental Dart language seeks to speed up Android apps

Deletive

18kycvwpxwkyvjpg.jpg

Dart was created by members of Chrome's V8 Javascript engine team, after being frustrated with some aspects of the 20-year-old language they dealt with on a day-to-day basis. The group recently held a Dart Developer Summit where it showed off the Dart on Android project. Dart on Android isn't called something obvious like "Dart on Android,"—it's going by the name of "Sky." For now Sky (Dart on Android) is just an open source experiment, but the project offers a lot of promise compared to traditional app development.

Being fast and responsive is one of the biggest goals for Sky. While 60FPS (or Hz) is the smoothness standard most devices and app developers aim for, the Dart team wants to crank that up to 120FPS, which isn't even possible to display on the standard 60Hz smartphone screens we have today. That sounds rather improbable on Android, where many apps don't stay at 60FPS, let alone 120. Rendering an app at 60FPS requires a frame to be drawn every 16ms, and apps "jank" or display an animation stutter, when they can't keep up with the 16ms deadline.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/05/01/googles-dart-language-on-android-aims-for-java-free-120-fps-apps/

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

We don't need 120Hz for basic UI stuff. 60 is enough for that

For gaming 60 is also enough and 120 is just nice. Its better to just not use that extra power and have extra battery life

But hey, I'm sure that is a crazy idea

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

We don't need 120Hz for basic UI stuff. 60 is enough for that

For gaming 60 is also enough and 120 is just nice. Its better to just not use that extra power and have extra battery life

But hey, I'm sure that is a crazy idea

Untill you see 120hz phones and it might be super nice.

I want 4K 144Hz smartphone already!! *kappa*

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I want 4K 144Hz smartphone already!! *kappa*

pah peasant :D i want 8k 240 hz one can never have enough pixels

So... we're gonna see that in the next decade right?