660ti/670 this year

phillychuck

I always seem to buy last years model right before the refresh, is it safe to buy a 670 if I can get it around $300ish, or a 660ti around $250ish? I have a 560ti, but I think its going to need an RMA soon for bad fan and don't want to be without GPU for a month.

Or is there something coming up in that price point in the next 3-6 months? I wanted to stab Nvidia last year for spreading that release schedule out. I wanted to wait for a 660ti but had cash in hand in Feb (thx taxman), I can't hold money that long.

If you can 670 would be nice, and keep in mind in gaming 660ti ( factory OC ) is on the same lvl as the 580, you can't go wrong XD

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Next month is supposed to be 770/780 if you can wait that long. Usually I advise waiting but it is right around the corner, supposedly.

Anyway, those prices are good I wouldn't fret.

Most I could afford would be 300-325, so most likely this rumored 770 would be 400+ for awhile. I'm going to hang on to find a good brand card at 300, I don't see the point in a 660ti unless its cheap. I know they are close, but I've been buying gimped GPUs for years, would nice to step up one notch. I generally spend 250-300 every couple years on a GPU.