Apple Watch app lets you control Tesla Model S

The app, called Remote S, lets you unlock the car, honk the horn and turn on the lights from your wrist. It can even open up the sunroof entirely, something Tesla’s official smartphone app can’t do. Finally, you can turn the charging port on and off, though you still have to plug in the cord manually.

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/01/apple-watch-app-lets-you-control-tesla-model-s/

apple-watch-tesla-3.jpeg

Finally a reason to buy the Apple watch

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Like other people said if someone gets you watch they get your car? A watch is a easy thing to loose if you take it off ever.

Like other people said if someone gets you watch they get your car? A watch is a easy thing to loose if you take it off ever.

Hmmm.. it doesn't mention he can start the car with it. So unless there is just a simple start here button in the Tesla or if they manage to somehow hot wire the car it isn't going anywhere. But I would imagine even if it is a keyless start it would require a key fob of some kind to be nearby to start or to even take the car out of park. So I find it unlikely that their car would be going anywhere.

But I don't know enough about Tesla's to make a good conclusion. I wonder if someone else could shed some more light.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

One more external controller to Tesla make is more hackable. I think tesla should be tesla proprietary. It's an expensive car.

Government is lizards tracking us with our phones, watches and car. 

The NSA is watching me watching them...

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

except that the watch locks when you take it off so if you lose it or it is stolen unless they know the password to unlock your watch it will do nothing (essentially bricked)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I believe the Watch requires a passcode when taken off of your wrist. So its no more dangerous (possibly slightly more secure) then leaving your keys on the table as there is authentication that is required.

These are all things you should be doing when you are in your car or near your car so i dont really understand the reason for this app to even exist. And you still need the car key so...yeah. Seems like a case of "why not"

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

except that the watch locks when you take it off so if you lose it or it is stolen unless they know the password to unlock your watch it will do nothing (essentially bricked)

The watch requires a heartbeat at the least (passcode is optional but suggested on setup). If you don't use the HR, you can't use the secured features of the watch (like the NFC payments, among other things). 

No reason you can't tie the operation of the Tesla app to a passcode/HR combination or 2 factor authentication so you need a phone near you and the watch. 

With car automation, you'll literally be able to say "Jarvis, bring my car around" and have your damn watch call your car to where you are. 

What a time to be alive. 

People loose their keys much more often than they do their watches.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.