[Will be updating] How To & Why: QuickSync and Open Broadcaster Software [Picture heavy]

Only with AA:PG. I tried Skyrim and some other games, records fine.

Try verifying the game? I'm not sure why it would do this.

Try verifying the game? I'm not sure why it would do this.

That worked! Weird it was letting me play the game when it was missing 2 files...but it works now! Didn't expect the issue to be caused by the game itself. :blink:

Thanks for the help AlwaysFSX! :D

(I tested by recording training video like you. a  bit slow but it works. :) )

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

That worked! Weird it was letting me play the game when it was missing 2 files...but it works now! Didn't expect the issue to be caused by the game itself. :blink:

Thanks for the help AlwaysFSX! :D

(I tested by recording training video like you. a  bit slow but it works. :) )

Heeeeey! That's awesome! :D

Yes! It is awesome! B)

But...I have one more problem, if you don't mind me asking for help? When I record the resolution is wrong, even though it matches the resolution I am playing at. Huge ugly black borders appear on the sides and it looks like the height of the video is heavily skewed. The quality is real ugly too.

Here's an example:

1TKDNnl.jpg

Am I supposed to set the resolution below the one I game at or is there something I'm missing?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I actually just started using OBS this week because XSplit wasn't compatible with my webcam (Logitec c930e) It was pushing about 1 FPS in xsplit and I tried everything I could to get it working better but nothing so I figured I'd give OBS a shot not expecting anything because I tried using it on linux about 1-2 years ago and it sucked, but was surprised at how almost good it was, It's not as polished as Xsplit with out a doubt, having XSplit auto recognize your game is really convenient but I think I can work with OBS because it works with my webcam, While not as easy as XSplit at least its basic functionality works 

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Yes! It is awesome! B)

But...I have one more problem, if you don't mind me asking for help? When I record the resolution is wrong, even though it matches the resolution I am playing at. Huge ugly black borders appear on the sides and it looks like the height of the video is heavily skewed. The quality is real ugly too.

Here's an example:

-snips-

Am I supposed to set the resolution below the one I game at or is there something I'm missing?

First you need to make sure these two options are check-marked.

post-1744-0-24594500-1434917192.jpg

Then edit your scene to make sure it fills the entire window.

post-1744-0-33848300-1434917239.jpg

If it still looks funny I think I know what else needs to be changed.

I actually just started using OBS this week because XSplit wasn't compatible with my webcam (Logitec c930e) It was pushing about 1 FPS in xsplit and I tried everything I could to get it working better but nothing so I figured I'd give OBS a shot not expecting anything because I tried using it on linux about 1-2 years ago and it sucked, but was surprised at how almost good it was, It's not as polished as Xsplit with out a doubt, having XSplit auto recognize your game is really convenient but I think I can work with OBS because it works with my webcam, While not as easy as XSplit at least its basic functionality works 

I like OBS being this "raw" because it allows you to really fine tune things without the program interfering with what you're trying to do.

First you need to make sure these two options are check-marked.

Then edit your scene to make sure it fills the entire window.

If it still looks funny I think I know what else needs to be changed.

I like OBS being this "raw" because it allows you to really fine tune things without the program interfering with what you're trying to do.

Thanks! That fixed it!

I made the edits in the first screenshot and it filled the screen more, reducing the black boxes. However I couldn't edit the scene like you in the second image. It is much better though, and claims it is 1920x1080p/whatever I set it as.

It still looks really blurry though.

Thanks! That fixed it!

I made the edits in the first screenshot and it filled the screen more, reducing the black boxes. However I couldn't edit the scene like you in the second image. It is much better though, and claims it is 1920x1080p/whatever I set it as.

It still looks really blurry though.

Did you click on the Game Capture source while it's in preview or recording? What's the resolution you're running the game at and what's the Video settings tab look like?

Did you click on the Game Capture source while it's in preview or recording? What's the resolution you're running the game at and what's the Video settings tab look like?

Ah! I didn't know it had to be recording to be able to edit it (it works). I just checked and it is filling the entire screen box. I'm running the game at 1920x1080p and I have the Video tab settings set to 1920x1080p and no downscale with Aspect settings to "16:9". I have the FPS thing set to 35.

It's just the quality of the picture is really poor.

Ah! I didn't know it had to be recording to be able to edit it (it works). I just checked and it is filling the entire screen box. I'm running the game at 1920x1080p and I have the Video tab settings set to 1920x1080p and no downscale with Aspect settings to "16:9". I have the FPS thing set to 35.

What's your bit rate?

If the colours look washed out, make sure you have "encode entire range" or something checked, that fixed my colours.

What's your bit rate?

If the colours look washed out, make sure you have "encode entire range" or something checked, that fixed my colours.

I'll try that! It mostly looks really blurry, like I have my game set on low or something.

Are you able to post an example of this vs what it should look like?

Are you able to post an example of this vs what it should look like?

Hm? Like a screenshot of my game and a screenshot of the output? Sure!

In game:

http://i.imgur.com/laxdtig.jpg

Video Quality:

http://i.imgur.com/S49WGL4.jpg

Is your Quick Sync preset set to 1?

attachicon.gifobs3.JPG

No it wasn't. :lol: I can't believe I missed that!I feel like an idiot...

I just tried to change it and it gives me a warning saying it is very unstable and will cause problems (will have sever negative effects on CPU usage). What does it mean exactly? Is it safe or does it mean it'll just eat a lot of my CPU during recording?

No it wasn't. :lol: I can't believe I missed that!I feel like an idiot...

I just tried to change it and it gives me a warning saying it is very unstable and will cause problems (will have sever negative effects on CPU usage). What does it mean exactly? Is it safe or does it mean it'll just eat a lot of my CPU during recording?

Uhh.. I'm not sure, I don't get that message.  :huh: It shouldn't though since you're clearly NOT using the CPU for encoding.

--

Even enabling Aero again doesn't have that pop up for me. Huh. 

Uhh.. I'm not sure, I don't get that message.  :huh: It shouldn't though since you're clearly NOT using the CPU for encoding.

Yea...I shouldn't be. I'm on Quick Sync. :wacko: Okay I'm just gonna reinstall OBS on my OS drive and see if it fixes my problems. I'll come back with the results once it is finished.

I do appreciate all the help AlwaysFSX. I'd like to record my adventures in AA:PG and BF4. :)

Yea...I shouldn't be. I'm on Quick Sync. :wacko: Okay I'm just gonna reinstall OBS on my OS drive and see if it fixes my problems. I'll come back with the results once it is finished.

I do appreciate all the help AlwaysFSX. I'd like to record my adventures in AA:PG and BF4. :)

I've got nothing else to do at the moment so I enjoy helping. :D

It's 4am though so I need my precious sleep, any chance you can post your Encoding, Video, Advanced, and Quick Sync Encoder setting pages in the meanwhile? Along with any error/problem you might have? I'll try to reproduce it and find a solution.

But hey, because of trouble shooting I now have a pretty looking desktop again!

post-1744-0-23847300-1434966699_thumb.jp

Uhhh...I broke it. Reinstalling took my ability to use Quick Sync instead of CPU away. Now it only picks up my office/work computer's GPU. :(  Instead of taking multiple screenshots I made a gif of my new settings:

http://abload.de/img/settingsraud7.gif

The file is pretty big, sorry. Unfortunately it increased the speed too...If it is too fast I'll just take the screenshots. xD

Uhhh...I broke it. Reinstalling took my ability to use Quick Sync instead of CPU away. Now it only picks up my office/work computer's GPU. :(  Instead of taking multiple screenshots I made a gif of my new settings:

-snips-

The file is pretty big, sorry. Unfortunately it increased the speed too...If it is too fast I'll just take the screenshots. xD

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Try reinstalling the Intel driver to start with.

That gif makes chrome lag so hard wtf. 

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Try reinstalling the Intel driver to start with.

That gif makes chrome lag so hard wtf. 

Sorry, I edited my post and made it a link instead. :)

Okay, in-restalling didn't help. It is still greyed out.

5OBiZVM.png

Sorry, I edited my post and made it a link instead. :)

Okay, in-restalling didn't help. It is still greyed out.

Did you do the secondary monitor thingy again?

Did you do the secondary monitor thingy again?

The what? I'm sorry, i don't know what that is.

edit

i'm such an idiot! yes, I have, it doesn't pick up anymore. His BIOS still has it enabled and everything.

pR7Mms5.png

The what? I'm sorry, i don't know what that is.

edit

i'm such an idiot! yes, I have, it doesn't pick up anymore. His BIOS still has it enabled and everything.

Didja press "Detect?"