[Will be updating] How To & Why: QuickSync and Open Broadcaster Software [Picture heavy]

Bloody brilliant, well written and very informative 

That was my intent so yay! :D

wow, this is really damn well layed out, nice work.

EDIT : you have any plans on which method is the best for recording games and for youtube compression/quality ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It's not like you're late or anything, but... very good post! I know only the bare basics of OBS, I might start using it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

wow, this is really damn well layed out, nice work.

EDIT : you have any plans on which method is the best for recording games and for youtube compression/quality ?

Even for YouTube I still use the 60k bit rate setting, since that dictates quality and amount of quality per frame.

It's not like you're late or anything, but... very good post! I know only the bare basics of OBS, I might start using it.

I might be late but I think this is the most comprehensive guide so far about why this is the best solution and what to use to make it work well.

Even for YouTube I still use the 60k bit rate setting, since that dictates quality and amount of quality per frame.

I might be late but I think this is the most comprehensive guide so far about why this is the best solution and what to use to make it work well.

i mean for archive, i don't have a lot of space and have a terrible net, so i needed a really low sized file solution which looks as good. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i mean for archive, i don't have a lot of space and have a terrible net, so i needed a really low sized file solution which looks as good. 

15-20k cuts down the files sizes quite a bit, I had to record for two straight hours to get a 50 GB file at 60k. So I'm sure two hours could get down to about 20 GB. I can test it but you'll have to wait a while. :P

15-20k cuts down the files sizes quite a bit, I had to record for two straight hours to get a 50 GB file at 60k. So I'm sure two hours could get down to about 20 GB. I can test it but you'll have to wait a while. :P

wait i will.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

wait i will.

I don't mind taking up space on my hard drive? :D

How I wish you would've uploaded this a month ago. All the answers are right here lol

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

How I wish you would've uploaded this a month ago. All the answers are right here lol

:) Is it useful for you now at least?

:) Is it useful for you now at least?

Very informative, very useful even now because I am not entirely familiar with OBS (started using it to record from my laptop).

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Very informative, very useful even now because I am not entirely familiar with OBS (started using it to record from my laptop).

Well, so long as it helps I'm happy. :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/351206-super-easy-quicksync/

I did something similar but this one is more complete and has more info.

Hurray laziness.

I also use quick sync to record and stream , good stuff.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/351206-super-easy-quicksync/

I did something similar but this one is more complete and has more info.

Hurray laziness.

I also use quick sync to record and stream , good stuff.

Yours is based more for streaming strictly from what I read, I aimed mine at recording in higher quality than necessary in a way even I would understand. :D

Still, you got yours out quickly. I've been meaning to do this for at least a year now...  :unsure:

Yours is based more for streaming strictly from what I read, I aimed mine at recording in higher quality than necessary in a way even I would understand. :D

Still, you got yours out quickly. I've been meaning to do this for at least a year now...  :unsure:

I had to share it the with community ASAP , quicksync is totally under rated .

So many people with intel core cpus using shadow play and that iGPU is going to waste.

The more quicksync threads the better.

Good job :)

I had to share it the with community ASAP , quicksync is totally under rated .

So many people with intel core cpus using shadow play and that iGPU is going to waste.

The more quicksync threads the better.

Good job :)

I agree, and thank you. :D

QuickSync is good for high bitrate local recording but don't try using it for streaming, it looks like balls at low bitrates just like AMD VCE and Nvidia whatever

QuickSync is good for high bitrate local recording but don't try using it for streaming, it looks like balls at low bitrates just like AMD VCE and Nvidia whatever

If you change some of the custom QuickSync settings I can't tell a difference in quality between it and x264.. But this is aimed strictly for local recording.

• 1 month later...

I'm so going to read this!

Later.

After E3.

I promise!

:D

I appreciate this guide! I downloaded this a while ago and was intimidated by all the options, so I just left it alone and used Camstudio. But I'd like to record on HD4600 now, so I followed your guide. However upon recording and trying to view the file, the video is all black and there isn't any audio. What could I have possibly done to boink it up?

I appreciate any help. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You monster you promised you will tag me and you didn't/

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I appreciate this guide! I downloaded this a while ago and was intimidated by all the options, so I just left it alone and used Camstudio. But I'd like to record on HD4600 now, so I followed your guide. However upon recording and trying to view the file, the video is all black and there isn't any audio. What could I have possibly done to boink it up?

I appreciate any help. :)

Can you post a screenshot of the main window on OBS?

post-1744-0-09082400-1430436459.jpg

You monster you promised you will tag me and you didn't/

You over estimate my memory. :D