Steam now allows game developers to ban users from their games

zappian

soo, if this is exploited and abused by devs..banning everyone they hate will benefit them in which ways again?

soo, if this is exploited and abused by devs..banning everyone they hate will benefit them in which ways again?

In no way. Bad PR backlash on the Internet while that user's negative game review will remain online on steam for other potential buyers to read.

IM ok with this, you might get a VERY small handful of game devs abusing this but then you are going to have a HUGE backlash against those who do just like you see against the people who filed DMCA claims against TB.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

What the fuck has steam been smoking recently?

Must be some batch , because they added a Steam $US5 Minimum Spend To Unlock Limited User Accounts i got limited and i have games in my steam account; i don't really buy from steam

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

In no way. Bad PR backlash on the Internet while that users negative game review will remain online on steam for other potential buyers to read.

i thought so..no use of fear mongering in this..devs wont benefit in any way if they do this..

amen, they will probably ban anybody who breaks the rules once . Not thinking about second chances or mistakes or maybe even ban people that make honest mistakes :(

^

steam needs to stop putting new things out.... :ph34r:

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

i thought so..no use of fear mongering in this..devs wont benefit in any way if they do this..

Well devs insist on deleting criticism even though it doesn't work (screen shots). SO its quite plausible that some devs will abuse this.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

steam needs to stop putting new things out.... :ph34r:

unless its HL3.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Must be some batch , because they added a Steam $US5 Minimum Spend To Unlock Limited User Accounts i got limited and i have games in my steam account; i don't really buy from steam

Wasn't that a tactic to ensure bots creating fake accounts did not get access?

Well devs insist on deleting criticism even though it doesn't work (screen shots). SO its quite plausible that some devs will abuse this.

Except this has nothing to do with criticism, if they ban a user for a negative review then that will not affect the user review. It will stay up for other people to see.

Haha Valve is just trying and implementing all kinds of stuff aren't they.

Whelp, get everything you wanna do out of your system Valve. Let's see how this all goes.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Except this has nothing to do with criticism, if they ban a user for a negative review then that will not affect the user review. It will stay up for other people to see.

It still wouldn't stop some.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Haha Valve is just trying and implementing all kinds of stuff aren't they.

Whelp, get everything you wanna do out of your system Valve. Let's see how this all goes.

They are steaming with ideas.

Heh+heh+ice+to+see+you+_79497817b003c7d9

I don't really see how this could be exploitable. If you don't cheat, you really have nothing to worry about. If they do decide to fully implement this kind of thing though they will want to have an appeal system to go alongside it to help honest players. Developers will also need to have a very strict layout of what will result in a ban though, because someone will probably end up getting banned for using mods or something, although I guess it won't be that big of a deal since you can't really mod multiplayer games easily.

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

unless its HL3.

HL3 is Valves Backup Plan, if they go on the verge of bankruptcy they'll release it, 

>Everyone Buys > Valve makes millions > Valve stays around for a longer time > 15 years later, Repeat with Portal 3

-Microsoft 2015

HL3 is Valves Backup Plan, if they go on the verge of bankruptcy they'll release it,

>Everyone Buys > Valve makes millions > Valve stays around for a longer time > 15 years later, Repeat with Portal 3

Ya valve has no financial motivation to release any more games. Especially considering the level of organization, effort and man hours required to create a big AAA game.

Ya valve has no financial motivation to release any more games. Especially considering the level of organization, effort and man hours required to create a big AAA game.

Bankruptcy = motivation = HL3 = Profit, no HL4 = loss of money = go bankrupt = motivation = HL4

so every one don't buy off steam, they'll loose money and it will make them release HL3

-Microsoft 2015

Bankruptcy = motivation = HL3 = Profit, no HL4 = loss of money = go bankrupt = motivation = HL4

so every one don't buy off steam, they'll loose money and it will make them release HL3

LOL ok. Good luck with that.

They are steaming with ideas.

Lmao, don't know if I should be laughing like this or face palming. xD 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I don't think this will be abused, especially by small indi devevelopers, do you really think they will ban people and lose even that small number of active players they have without a good reason? 

I don't think this will be abused, especially by small indi devevelopers, do you really think they will ban people and lose even that small number of active players they have without a good reason? 

Yes .

Thing about the greenlight developers that ban users from their forums when they have ANY  criticism .

Think what they will do with this.

Dont you think it will be exploited like mad?

Well, you mean like the devs being mad at someone and then just ban them? If so, well I am pretty sure they won't do that because after all it's their game and they are banning someone from playing it... I don't think the devs want that.

Well, you mean like the devs being mad at someone and then just ban them? If so, well I am pretty sure they won't do that because after all it's their game and they are banning someone from playing it... I don't think the devs want that.

For the sake of argument lets assume they dont.

Do you agree with destroying the SP portion of a game to someone who was banned for cheating on MP ?

If you cheat you wont be able to launch the game , and not all games separate SP and MP like cod does.