Steam now allows game developers to ban users from their games

zappian

This is going to be exploited to hell and back. Game devs will use this blacklist people who give them bad reviews. And if someone is banned from a game they should get a full refund for said game and any DLC/micro transactions, otherwise they'd be paying for something that the sellers prevent them from using.

And in terms of cheating, Don't admits and server blacklists exist for a reason? And cheating in single player doesn't really matter, unless they get put on a leader board in which case they could just be removed from that leader board.

Cmon valve, Greenlight , paid mods, early access and now this?

- snip-

Does Steam care that some developers were banning people from games by mistake and for no good reason?  Steam has been going to **** for a very long time and I just wait for the next thing for them to do that will tick me off.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I'm surprised this wasn't already a feature.

If a dev wants a user banned then valve should not stand in the way.

Maybe if a dev wants to ban someone, Valve should approve it first.

Yes and should need 2 pieces of evidence to back up why they want them banned.

So when a dev brings out a new game they can ban everyone forcing them onto the new game. Great idea Valve. Please stop fing around.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

So when a dev brings out a new game they can ban everyone forcing them onto the new game. Great idea Valve. Please stop fing around.

Yeah valve is on a down slide.

I hope this doesnt get abused.

What the fuck has steam been smoking recently?

some EA shit

What the fuck has steam been smoking recently?

Probably Money ... and Power !

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

This is going to be exploited to hell and back. Game devs will use this blacklist people who give them bad reviews.

THIS! Hell, hotels have been charging your credit card if you leave a bad review online. After hearing about that, I was wondering how long until something like that would happen with video games.

Valve is doing a Ubisoft right now

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Yeah valve is on a down slide.

I hope this doesnt get abused.

It will it always does.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Maybe if a dev wants to ban someone, Valve should approve it first.

Only problem is Valve doesn't own the game.  The developer does, so they get to dictate the terms of any licensing.  Valve really has little choice - either they play along or they don't host the game.

Oh, how great. They developers are given the power to potentially silence anyone they disagree with, or for other misuses. -_-

Yay for slightly more control over cheating!

The abuse, or incompetence, that will take hold will swiftly change your opinion.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

makes sense for mmorpgs using steam login. Valve can just clean up the mess if a dev abuses. Oh wait, Valve doesnt do support.

Oh, how great. They developers are given the power to potentially silence anyone they disagree with, or for other misuses.

The developers can already do it when it's multiplayer games.

Where can I sell my Valve steam account for decent cash.
Looks like its going to the way of the do-do-bird 

I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.288V                 Corsair Vengeance 12GB Cas8                          Overclocker Thug life
MSI-Gaming-7                                       Corsair Sandforce GT 120gig                             http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Jb6h   (Current Build)

OCZ Vertex2 60gig                               Corsair F60 60gig

Where can I sell my Valve steam account for decent cash.

Looks like its going to the way of the do-do-bird 

I doubt it.

Steam has leverage you cant imagine.

I mean there are a lot of games that only work with steam , and they have dota 2 and cs go which are MASSIVELY popular.

Most users dont want to lose their library just like that.

Like it or not steam is too big now.

Its a good Idea, but as said in OP will be exploited. Some game devs might not be able to take constructive critisism

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

And here comes another revolt!

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Am I the only one who sees this as a good thing?

I am a developper, and I would never ban someone for badmouthing my game. If they don't like it, they don't have to play it.

If my game has multiplayer, and someone is cheating, they will be warned and then banned. You know the liscence aggrements that no one reads when you start a game? It clearly states that if you cheat, you will get banned, and without a refund.

I'm sorry that I have to play devil's advocate here, but this is a good thing for indie developpers. Do you think that we're idiots?

Am I the only one who sees this as a good thing?

I am a developper, and I would never ban someone for badmouthing my game. If they don't like it, they don't have to play it.

If my game has multiplayer, and someone is cheating, they will be warned and then banned. You know the liscence aggrements that no one reads when you start a game? It clearly states that if you cheat, you will get banned, and without a refund.

I'm sorry that I have to play devil's advocate here, but this is a good thing for indie developpers. Do you think that we're idiots?

While you don't want to ban bad reviews, millions of others do

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

This is probably a good thing a lot of small time devs have problems with hackers and cheaters

as long as they dont abuse the system, I dont see an issue

I gotta agree with steam trying to get more indie dev's there going to have to make more resources available

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I gotta agree with steam trying to get more indie dev's there going to have to make more resources available

Absolutely! Its not a bad thing to give indie devs more powerful tools, and if they abuse the system steam can EASILY just ban the developer - I imagine most mainstream developers would be too afraid of valve pulling their games from steam if they abused their system

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

"this game sucks" BANNED!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M