Cyanogen Officially Ends Relationship With OnePlus

ahhming

oneplus-one-4-640x0.jpg?ver=1

Today, Cyanogen has announced that their partnership with OnePlus is officially over and that is looking for a new Android phone manufacturer for its custom OS.

Cyanogen's chief technology officer Steve Kondik said that both companies have different software goals and hence the breakup. Another reason for breakup is the availability of the OnePlus One. Although it was available in reasonable quantities, it can't be compared with the numbers of new partners. Luckily for OnePlus One users, Cyanogen will continue supporting the phone.

“That’s probably the last you will see from that partnership unfortunately,” said Kondik during today’s Global Mobile Internet Conference in Beijing. “Two new companies are trying to do crazy stuff, a lot of people collide.”

Source:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/cyanogen-oneplus-end-relationship-oneplus-one/

As expected I had a feeling before they announced it,. Due to very slow and poor updates.

Glad that I'm running the nightlies now.

what so great about cyanogen? I mean what makes that os special ?

customizations

customizations

as personal user, I don't see any different with regular android os.

what so great about cyanogen? I mean what makes that os special ?

a lot of old phones are still receiveing support . android updates. thats the main atraction. however that is cyanogenmod,driven by open source community that work for free. 

cyanogen OS is....think of it like samsung touchwizz or htc sense. its closed.

most of it is made by google ofc and the rest from the community for free.and some paid developers. and now they are backstabbing google by saing the want to take android from google and then the OS is build for free by the community and the cyanogen company is making money on their back. so cyanogen lost a lot of popularity

however cyanogenmod is unchanged and still great

i don't know it's a bad or good thing. from where i see it, OnePlus is pretty meh at creating OS, like example the Oxygen OS, it's just Stock modified just a little.

i don't know it's a bad or good thing. from where i see it, OnePlus is pretty meh at creating OS, like example the Oxygen OS, it's just Stock modified just a little.

I'd give it time. Oxygen is supposed to be community driven and I think they just wanted a stable base before they went ahead. Now that everything's official, we should see a version 1.1 soon :P

And nothing of value was lost.

I run OxygenOS on my Oneplus One. It's pretty good, no complaints, pretty much stock Lollipop but with a few extras that Cyanogen had in them.

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

Come on guys, we all know it's not official until you change your respective relationship status on Facebook

-------

Current Rig

-------

Still waiting for a glimpse CM12 or 5.0 on my OnePlus One, is it even worth upgrading to it?

just manually update to it :P

I am a happy wuffy

I'd give it time. Oxygen is supposed to be community driven and I think they just wanted a stable base before they went ahead. Now that everything's official, we should see a version 1.1 soon :P

i don't know, but i think this is a not good idea. Why not OnePlus handle the hardware, and Cyanogen focus on the software? just my opinion.