people says extreme CPUs is waste?

well i had my 2600 in 3 years now.. and its still not slow. i will give this cpu to my brother later..

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

well when in 2014 the new stuff comes

at the start of 2014 or?

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

The 3930x and 3970x are for server setups and video editing but you can game on it too and that is why there are gaming motherboards for them. If there were not any gaming or consumer motherboards then the CPUs would not sell as much as they do with consumer/gaming motherboards. If you must get a system now and your budget can meet what yu want then go for it. However, if i were you i would put my money away and keep adding to it for later this year for Ivy-Bridge E which is supposed to come out in September, which is only a few months away. I am sure there will be newer motherboards as well. 

Now if you are satisfied with your system you have right now, like me, in 2014 there is suppose to have DDr4 and PCI-Ex16 4.0 coming out and i am sure there will be even better motherboards, GPUs, cases, peripherals etc.... and do your research and choose what ever best suits you. If you want to buy now go ahead, if you can wait, wait and stop letting people confuse you.  

well if i can wait i mabye will wait.

but if i have to wait like to 2014 september or something i wont. but i can wait to 2014 if it comes quickly 2014 at the start...

well when in 2014 the new stuff comes

at the start of 2014 or?

how should we know? just but a 3930k if you want to but 4770k is an excellent choice. if you plan on 3way SLI then maybe socket 2011 maybe a good choice but 1150 is pretty good. and the 3930k will take advantage of heavy editing. transitions and the like would not see that much of an improvement.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

how should we know? just but a 3930k if you want to but 4770k is an excellent choice. if you plan on 3way SLI then maybe socket 2011 maybe a good choice but 1150 is pretty good. and the 3930k will take advantage of heavy editing. transitions and the like would not see that much of an improvement.

well if the new ddr4 and the other stuff is pretty near i can wait..

Linus made video about it, he show that 3770k is faster than 3930k.

yes it is faster

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

do you need it now? if your current pc is adequate, then i don't see a need to buy a new one just yet.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

True but if you get a bad 4770k, which is highly probable, it won't overclock as good.

True, but i think that @ViruZ_HUN do not know that how to OC, so it wont really matter for him. :)

well look at this:

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X

motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX780 3GB

Power supply: Corsair Professional Series HX1050 W

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB

CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i

case fan: CoolerMaster Mega flow red

1856 euro

in swedish money: 18568 SEK

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X

motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE IV FORMULA

CPU: intel core i7 3930 k

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX780 3GB

Power supply: Corsair Professional Series HX1050 W

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB

CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i

case fan: CoolerMaster Mega flow red

1894 euro:

in swedish money: 18944 SEK

it is not much differnce between the 2 systems! just like 400 SEK

Interesting... If the price difference is really that low, which seems pretty weird though, then maybe you should buy the 3930K.

EDIT: Are you sure that your pricing is right? In Finland 4770K costs 339€ and 3930K costs 609€. (Jimms.fi) That's a lot bigger difference than yours.

EDIT2: Also I don't really understand why would you get Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 -motherboard to your 4770K system. Why do you want so expensive motherboard? That costs more than Asus Rampage IV Formula.

Interesting... If the price difference is really that low, which seems pretty weird though, then maybe you should buy the 3930K.

EDIT: Are you sure that your pricing is right? In Finland 4770K costs 339€ and 3930K costs 609€. (Jimms.fi) That's a lot bigger difference than yours.

EDIT2: Also I don't really understand why would you get Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 -motherboard to your 4770K system. Why do you want so expensive motherboard? That costs more than Asus Rampage IV Formula.

now u understand why the price differnce is that small. g1 sniper 5 costs much but, its the most good looking mobo for me and it have alot of good things on it..

now u understand why the price differnce is that small. g1 sniper 5 costs much but, its the most good looking mobo for me and it have alot of good things on it..

I visited NetOnNet.se and there 4770K seems to be 2745 SEK and 3930K 4619 SEK. At Komplett.se 4770K is 2739 SEK and 3930K is 4579 SEK. Maybe you have made some kind of mistake in your calculations?

And yeah, Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 looks cool. But do you need four PCI-E slots? If you like the look of Asus Rampage IV Formula then you might consider also Asus Maximus VI Hero which is much cheaper. Or even Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5, although it's a micro-ATX board... But the choice is yours and G1.Sniper 5 looks nice - that might matter the most :)

Stop making sweden look stupid

Why do you care, if you live in Finland? (=The greatest nordic country) ;)

Here. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1hZdD

And by the way since most games are optimized for consoles in mind then a 8 threaded processor is the way to go. But they will never code for more than 8 making 2011 a waste of money unless you doing video rendering. 

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

To put it simple, there wouldn't a real benefit to buying an Extreme edition Sandy-E/Ivy-E Processor unless you are doing video editing, content creation/ professional worstation type applications. That's what they're made for. More cores, L3 cache, and more threads allows for fast and easier rendering of videos and editing of images. For strictly gaming, however, you'd be stupid to waste your money on it if you weren't doing things like what FreddieW, Linus Media Group, etc are doing. Haswell is more than enough for gaming. Heck - even Sandy Bridge still is enough, probably Nehalem could too if you had a good processor from that era.

I visited NetOnNet.se and there 4770K seems to be 2745 SEK and 3930K 4619 SEK. At Komplett.se 4770K is 2739 SEK and 3930K is 4579 SEK. Maybe you have made some kind of mistake in your calculations?

And yeah, Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 looks cool. But do you need four PCI-E slots? If you like the look of Asus Rampage IV Formula then you might consider also Asus Maximus VI Hero which is much cheaper. Or even Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5, although it's a micro-ATX board... But the choice is yours and G1.Sniper 5 looks nice - that might matter the most :)

well i am buying it well its not the cheapest mobo but its very featured looks good. i like green that very unusually on most mobos..

Here. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1hZdD

And by the way since most games are optimized for consoles in mind then a 8 threaded processor is the way to go. But they will never code for more than 8 making 2011 a waste of money unless you doing video rendering. 

in sweden this costs around 23000 SEK 3000 SEK over my limit....

terrible mobo i dont like it:(

To put it simple, there wouldn't a real benefit to buying an Extreme edition Sandy-E/Ivy-E Processor unless you are doing video editing, content creation/ professional worstation type applications. That's what they're made for. More cores, L3 cache, and more threads allows for fast and easier rendering of videos and editing of images. For strictly gaming, however, you'd be stupid to waste your money on it if you weren't doing things like what FreddieW, Linus Media Group, etc are doing. Haswell is more than enough for gaming. Heck - even Sandy Bridge still is enough, probably Nehalem could too if you had a good processor from that era.

Vitalius told me that games in 1-2 years will use all 6 cores....

well i will soon bike tomrrow to a computer expert and ask him abot this 6 core CPUs( he hates me bucuze i ask unanswerable questions)

Vitalius told me that games in 1-2 years will use all 6 cores....

Will *likely* use up to 6 (possibly even 8 but that's unlikely) cores. Not all, but up to.

Wording is important.

Anyway, it doesn't matter much. If you have the budget, get the 3930k. Why? Because. <--- all the reason you need.

That's all the reason I need anyway.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Will *likely* use up to 6 (possibly even 8 but that's unlikely) cores. Not all, but up to.

Wording is important.

Anyway, it doesn't matter much. If you have the budget, get the 3930k. Why? Because. <--- all the reason you need.

yep. 

whats the different features between this 2  mobos:

g1. sniper 5

and

rampage iv formula

well sniper 5mis never and have more fan slots anything more?

Wording is important.

Vitaluis u are a smart guy, i trust u.

whats the different features between this 2  mobos:

g1. sniper 5

and

rampage iv formula

yep.

whats the different features between this 2 mobos:

g1. sniper 5

and

rampage iv formula

Vitaluis u are a smart guy, i trust u.

Thank you, but don't trust me. I'm crazy after all. lol Plus there are other smart guys here too.

I didn't understand that last question.

The difference in features is almost non-existent. The primary and important differences between the two motherboards are the following things:

Color Scheme

Number of fan headers (Rampage has 8, Sniper has 3 that I can see)

The Sniper can handle memory up to 3000MHz while the Rampage can handle memory up to 2400MHz

The Sniper has 10xSATAIII ports while the Rampage has 4xSATAIII and 4xSATAII ports with 2 of them being RAID capable (software RAID though).

The Rampage has better onboard Audio than the Sniper.

The Rampage has more USB connections overall but the Sniper has 6 USB3.0 while the Rampage has 4 USB3.0

TLDR:

There are no important differences between the two motherboards besides color scheme for you. I completely doubt you'll make use of any of the differences. At all.

Pick the one that looks the best and be happy.

Edit: Why aren't spoilers working?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Thank you, but don't trust me. I'm crazy after all. lol Plus there are other smart guys here too.

I didn't understand that last question.

The difference in features is almost non-existent. The primary and important differences between the two motherboards are the following things:

Color Scheme

Number of fan headers (Rampage has 8, Sniper has 3 that I can see)

The Sniper can handle memory up to 3000MHz while the Rampage can handle memory up to 2400MHz

The Sniper has 10xSATAIII ports while the Rampage has 4xSATAIII and 4xSATAII ports with 2 of them being RAID capable (software RAID though).

The Rampage has better onboard Audio than the Sniper.

The Rampage has more USB connections overall but the Sniper has 6 USB3.0 while the Rampage has 4 USB3.0

TLDR:

There are no important differences between the two motherboards besides color scheme for you. I completely doubt you'll make use of any of the differences. At all.

Pick the one that looks the best and be happy.

Edit: Why aren't spoilers working?

what is spoliers??