HTC One M8 vs Galaxy Note 3

Aniallation
Go to solution Solved by LAwLz,

Benefits of the Note 3:

Much better screen

Higher performance

More features (a lot of which are useless but some like the pen can be nice, or wireless charging)

Better camera

Removable battery

Longer battery life

Benefits of the M8:

Better speakers (stereo and front facing)

Has some benefits when it comes to rooting (no KNOX permanent flag if you flash some third party ROMs)

The M8 being smaller is a benefit for some people and a drawback for some. Depends on what you prefer.

Personally I think the choice is obvious, but I got a feeling that you have kind of already made up your mind. You got both phones so just sell whichever one you like the least.

Sorry, got the Note 3 confused with the Note 4. That makes the choice a lot less obvious. Have edited out the parts that were wrong.

Personally I would probably go with the Note 3 still.

So, I'm currently using the HTC One M8, but I also have my Note 3, and I have to sell one of them in order to pay for something. Which one should I keep?

The M8 has the obvious build and sound quality benefits, but with the Note 3 you get a bigger, nicer screen (AMOLED) as well as the S-Pen and a better camera.

Which would you choose?

"Rawr XD"

Note 3.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Note 3. The only thing impressive on the m8 is the body and that's it. The camera is horrifying compared to anything.

The camera is horrifying compared to anything.

Honestly, it's plenty for what I use a smartphone camera for. Then again, I barely use it at all.

"Rawr XD"

Honestly, it's plenty for what I use a smartphone camera for. Then again, I barely use it at all.

Well I would agree, for someone who barely uses it or is a casual user in normal light conditions, it's more than satisfactory. But in my opinion, for a flagship, it is horrifying. However, I still admit it's one of the best built phones that I've ever held.

I'd definitely recommend the note 3. In terms of hardware specs it's really only marginally worse than the note 4 that I'm currently using. As much as Sense is my overall favorite 3rd party android skin, being one of the lightest,for productivity and multitasking TouchWiz is pretty darn amazing. I'm also hearing that it's been slimmed down significantly for 5.0 and that's looking to be the case based on what we're seeing in the S6 and S6 edge.

I've only ever used the One M7 which I did think was an amazing phone, but being a power user and a big phone lover, the note is the best option for getting through the day.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Well if you have both try one both for a week and see which you prefer.

Well if you have both try one both for a week and see which you prefer.

I don't exactly prefer one over the other personally, which is why I'm asking for opinions

"Rawr XD"

Benefits of the Note 3:

Much better screen

Higher performance

More features (a lot of which are useless but some like the pen can be nice, or wireless charging)

Better camera

Removable battery

Longer battery life

Benefits of the M8:

Better speakers (stereo and front facing)

Has some benefits when it comes to rooting (no KNOX permanent flag if you flash some third party ROMs)

The M8 being smaller is a benefit for some people and a drawback for some. Depends on what you prefer.

Personally I think the choice is obvious, but I got a feeling that you have kind of already made up your mind. You got both phones so just sell whichever one you like the least.

Sorry, got the Note 3 confused with the Note 4. That makes the choice a lot less obvious. Have edited out the parts that were wrong.

Personally I would probably go with the Note 3 still.

Doesn't the M8 have slightly better IPC then the Note 3, therefore slightly more performance? I don't think the difference would be that noticeable though O.o

I don't mind KNOX warranty flag being tripped by flashing, but the stereo speakers I'm really going to miss. I really haven't made up my mind at all lol, such a tough decision

"Rawr XD"

I'd definitely recommend the note 3. In terms of hardware specs it's really only marginally worse than the note 4 that I'm currently using. As much as Sense is my overall favorite 3rd party android skin, being one of the lightest,for productivity and multitasking TouchWiz is pretty darn amazing. I'm also hearing that it's been slimmed down significantly for 5.0 and that's looking to be the case based on what we're seeing in the S6 and S6 edge.

I've only ever used the One M7 which I did think was an amazing phone, but being a power user and a big phone lover, the note is the best option for getting through the day.

Well I would agree, for someone who barely uses it or is a casual user in normal light conditions, it's more than satisfactory. But in my opinion, for a flagship, it is horrifying. However, I still admit it's one of the best built phones that I've ever held.

Note 3. The only thing impressive on the m8 is the body and that's it. The camera is horrifying compared to anything.

E8.

If you're like me and use a case protection for your phone, whether the back cover is plastic or metal doesn't matter!... At all. It has 0 influence on build quality (the metal back piece does not even cover the entirety of the back of the M8, so don't talk to me about rigidity, whereas the E8's back is one piece of really nice-feeling PC. Seriously, check some review out of the E8: the specs are identical except the E8 has a better camera.

I just got my E8 Dual Sim and let me tell you: it's brilliant. 

Can't compare with any other flagship, honestly, however.

E8.

If you're like me and use a case protection for your phone, whether the back cover is plastic or metal doesn't matter!... At all. It has 0 influence on build quality (the metal back voer does not even cover the entirety of the back of the M8, so don't talk to me about rigidity, whereas the E8's back is one piece of really nice-feeling PC. Seriously, check some review out of the E8: the specs are identical except the E8 has a better camera.

I just got my E8 Dual Sim and let me tell you: it's brilliant. 

Can't compare with any other flagship, honestly, however.

Can't get an E8, not compatible with my carrier (Wind) and it's frequency (AWS 3G, like T-Mobile US). If it was compatible I would have already bought it over the M8 cause I love the blue version that it's available in.

"Rawr XD"

Doesn't the M8 have slightly better IPC then the Note 3, therefore slightly more performance? I don't think the difference would be that noticeable though O.o

I don't mind KNOX warranty flag being tripped by flashing, but the stereo speakers I'm really going to miss. I really haven't made up my mind at all lol, such a tough decision

Oh crap I just realized he was talking about the Note 3 and not the Note 4. Sorry about that.