Android Internet

xox

Alas, this isn't a PC topic, however this is a troubleshooting forum, so hopefully someone can help.

So, so far, I have had a total of 2 Android phones over the past two years and they both seen to have the same problem. I don't know that Google had a fix for this, because from Android 2.1 to 4.2.1, nothing seems to have happened to resolve it.

The problem is that the devices sometimes don't give you a connection, even when an app desires one, it eventually times out. This happens less often now, and it only occasionally affects me, however, my friend is an avid tweeter. She has the exact same problem. I was just discussing this with her the other day, she said that she has to retry sending some tweets perhaps even three times before she actually managed to send the thing. Thus is kinda terrible, there are very few items on the internet describing the problem and there isn't a fix as far as I know. Also, it isn't the fault of the mobile networks; I am on T-Mobile UK and she is on O2 UK. I have other friends experiencing the same problem too.

So does anyone else have this problem? And is there a way to fix it?

Compatible with Windows 95

Any kind of devices you're having trouble with belong here. Not just PCs.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Strange, I was having the same problems until just recently. It just stopped. I have no idea as to why though.

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

Yeah, it tends to happen under unusual circumstances. For example, I couldn't refresh GMail, but I could call a friend on Skype.

Just to be sure, Do you have a custom ROM and/or rooted?

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, It is the standard 4.1 Android Jellybean for the Xperia S

Are we talking about wifi connection or cellular connection (4g/3g/lte/etc)?

CPU:Intel 3770k Motherboard:Gigabyte z77x-ud5h GPU:Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Ram:Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB Storage:Crucial M4 128GB+Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case:Zalman Z11 Plus PSU:Corsair TX650 Cooler:Noctua NH-D14 Fans:Noctua NF-P12+ Silverstone AP123 Keyboard:Corsair K90 Mouse:Corsair M60 Monitors:Dell U2412M+U2312HM

• 3 weeks later...

Generally 3G, but it occasionally did it on WiFi too. 

i have the xperia t and i think im having an internet problem aswell.....not sure if the same problem as you but i can no longer stream hd youtube videos through mobile internet.....i used to be able to do it fine....but not nnow....i have used around 10gb of mobile internet and i have unlimited data usage in my phone contract.....maybe my carrier is limiting me.....if my youtube video doesnt work i try another internet app and they load.....probably being limited...

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

i have the xperia t and i think im having an internet problem aswell.....not sure if the same problem as you but i can no longer stream hd youtube videos through mobile internet.....i used to be able to do it fine....but not nnow....i have used around 10gb of mobile internet and i have unlimited data usage in my phone contract.....maybe my carrier is limiting me.....if my youtube video doesnt work i try another internet app and they load.....probably being limited...

-Anubikai

That isn't the same problem as me, but if you call up your carrier, they should be able to help. If your carrier is limiting you it could be in breach of European laws set out by the European commission, which is a serious offense if it isn't in the contract agreement (This only applies if you are in the EU). 

I found out that my problem was due to patchy signal on occasions; it's just that other phones (e.g: iPhones) have the letter 'O' in the corner rather than still displaying 'H' or other internet-related letters (e.g: G, E, or 3G)

i have unlimited internet in my contract....im not breaching anything......unlimited means unlimited.....i know some carriers have a fair usage policy but my carrier. three, apparently doesnt. they let you go crazy.....even if i was being limited wouldnt they do it untill my monthly renewal of minutes and texts.....my minutes and texts got topped up but my internet was still sluggish and unresponsive. Ill probably have to go into the carrier store and get this sorted out...

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

i have unlimited internet in my contract....im not breaching anything......unlimited means unlimited.....i know some carriers have a fair usage policy but my carrier. three, apparently doesnt. they let you go crazy.....even if i was being limited wouldnt they do it untill my monthly renewal of minutes and texts.....my minutes and texts got topped up but my internet was still sluggish and unresponsive. Ill probably have to go into the carrier store and get this sorted out...

-Anubikai

Yeah, I would say that that is the best idea... Anyway... Happy Birthday for tomorrow :D

Yeah, I would say that that is the best idea... Anyway... Happy Birthday for tomorrow :D

Thank you, you made my day =) nice person right there^^

-Anubikai

When I first switched to a smart phone back in like 2008, the t-mobile guy said that if you don't switch over to a network capable Sim Card that it cause problems. Probably not 'the' fix but chance it could be it.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide