Frowned upon to wanting to use a controller?

Muleworx

Hey everyone!

New to pc gaming been on console playstation 1. currently have xbox one and slowly transition to pc. Is it frowned upon or more common to use a controller on pc? I play gta and battlefield?

Thank you!

I use a controller for gta, keyboard/mouse for battlefield (basically any fps) 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

a lot of people who transition like to use controllers on pc its normal, i have a lot of friends who play fifa with controllers

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

No, what ever you are most comfortable with.

I gotcha, I always hear people saying a mouse is much more accurate and I can kind see that but its a step learning curve to switch over.

For GTA I use a controller to drive, everything else is keyboard and mouse. It's nice because they implemented it so that you can swap between each control type on the fly.

Most platformers/third-person games I use controller. FPS games keyboard and mouse. 

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

I gotcha, I always hear people saying a mouse is much more accurate and I can kind see that but its a step learning curve to switch over.

Is all personal preference. People who judge on the preferred input of another is a fool.

Steve

For GTA I use a controller to drive, everything else is keyboard and mouse. It's nice because they implemented it so that you can swap between each control type on the fly.

Most platformers/third-person games I use controller. FPS games keyboard and mouse. 

That is awesome!

Hey everyone!

New to pc gaming been on console playstation 1. currently have xbox one and slowly transition to pc. Is it frowned upon or more common to use a controller on pc? I play gta and battlefield?

Thank you!

It's not "frowned upon," and even if it was, you don't have to care what other people think. :P

Ideally you should use each type of control in the games that benefit from it. Mouse and keyboard are precise, and just work better in first-person shooters and strategy games. Analog control is generally better for controlling vehicles. I also like using my Xbone controller in many 2D games, such as Shovel Knight, Fez, etc.

You can play Battlefield with a controller, but you may find yourself getting stomped by keyboard & mouse players. The game is balanced on consoles around having aim assist, but I think that's absent on PC. GTA is probably fine with a gamepad, but again your aiming may be more sluggish than other PC players.

A controller is going to be better in GTA V, except for shooting. That's why I use it.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

Fighting games. Mortal Kombat X is unplayable for me without a controller. Its just not cofortable.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

It's fine to use that if it is what you're comfortable with but you'll most likely find that once you're used to a keyboard and mouse you will prefer it for fps games. I find driving and shooting for GTAV easier with a keyboard and mouse but more comfortable normal driving with a gamepad.

For some reason though CSGO allows you to use a gamepad although I think that should be taken away lol.

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+