[Closed][Giveaway #2]Heaven Society - Anime Club Giveaway

You post a picture of the guy and expect me to know who it is...

damn it fred it is your job to know these things. Also i think he is the major form hellsing

Fred you disappoint brainless :(

mewhile in abriged hellsing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfzJtiM4dvg

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

if you look at the one its way too clean and is a vector for sure. Might have redone a scene from the anime is my guess. Also a cell with all that would cost like a fortune. Also looking at it that would have been 4 different cells minimum based on the layering of what is in the image. I wonder if @Charger with his art background knows about this sort of stuff... (as in wondering if you have input not that you know how it works)

I don't know about that.  I did find the scene and am pretty sure that the person that made the image is primarily working with vastly superior source quality, whether it be the actual cells or from an HQ rip.  I've a difficult time believing that it's a recreation.

mHEI60u.jpg

Don't open spoiler unless you want to

http://www.mp4upload.com/utnip32o1vox

I don't know about that.  I did find the scene and am pretty sure that the person that made the image is primarily working with vastly superior source quality, whether it be the actual cells or from an HQ rip.  I've a difficult time believing that it's a recreation.

mHEI60u.jpg
that is the magic of vector art it scales fine. I would assume they made if from a smaller low quality image like that and just scaled it up

that is the magic of vector art it scales fine. I would assume they made if from a smaller low quality image like that and just scaled it up

Couldn't you have vectorize the screenshot and then worked it up from there?

It old be from a HD remaster which is why it may look the way it does because may of them are horribly upscale using QTEC which does more often than not give a warpsharp effect. It also ups contrast significantly and basically try making old anime look like new anime bastardizing it in the process. This used to be very popular in the early years of releasing BD anime. To me the colors seem to consistent for it just to be that though but I'd need to find the source image.

Couldn't you have vectorize the screenshot and then worked it up from there?

It old be from a HD remaster which is why it may look the way it does because may of them are horribly upscale using QTEC which does more often than not give a warpsharp effect. It also ups contrast significantly and basically try making old anime look like new anime bastardizing it in the process. This used to be very popular in the early years of releasing BD anime. To me the colors seem to consistent for it just to be that though but I'd need to find the source image.

ummmm yes but no from my experience it is more likely that they traced it by hand in a vector program since things like live trace tend to suck from when I have messed with them. It is probably better by now since i only have illustrator cs3 so I'm what 8 years out of date on my software lol

ummmm yes but no from my experience it is more likely that they traced it by hand in a vector program since things like live trace tend to suck from when I have messed with them. It is probably better by now since i only have illustrator cs3 so I'm what 8 years out of date on my software lol

I have illustrator cs5.5 somewhere... It came in the collection I needed when I was doing Web Development. Some of my layout were done that was and the templates sent to WASD were done with it and now I can't remember how to use it in the least...

I doubt it.  Or at least parts of the assumption for 2 reasons.  1 - image itself has been around for a dogs age, I've seen it many times over the years.  2 - There were higher quality downloads readily available when this series was more popular and newly fansubbed.  Few people would choose to work with low quality source when better was available.

Unfortunately I can neither prove either of those 2 points or have the desire to, as it's being a bit picky.

I doubt it. Or at least parts of the assumption for 2 reasons. 1 - image itself has been around for a dogs age, I've seen it many times over the years. 2 - There were higher quality downloads readily available when this series was more popular and newly fansubbed. Few people would choose to work with low quality source when better was available.

Unfortunately I can neither prove either of those 2 points or have the desire to, as it's being a bit picky.

You know how old his and her circumstances is right? I have to imagine that you talking about the BD release or at least a re-release at a minimum.

I doubt it.  Or at least parts of the assumption for 2 reasons.  1 - image itself has been around for a dogs age, I've seen it many times over the years.  2 - There were higher quality downloads readily available when this series was more popular and newly fansubbed.  Few people would choose to work with low quality source when better was available.

The fact you are saying it has been around for ages makes me think it is even more likely to have been done for a poor quality image. People have been vectorizing images for years it isn't something that people just recently started doing.

I may be thinking of HQ and low quality differently then you both.  I don't think that the graphical artist started at as low a level of quality as in the video within the screenshot I posted, and they surely didn't have 4k or anything.  DVD quality (HQ) yea, quite likely given the time and the popular media in 1999.  VHS(SD) No way, who would do that?

Not saying it's not a vector, or that there wasn't additional work done to it.

Damn it was difficult to find a "favorite character" , but I sure enjoyed this guys motivation (+ he's even better in the abridged series)

13.jpg

Bah, a cheap knock off based on Gendo Ikari, the man who Gendowns everyone! And everything!

:D

Jokes aside, they are similar though :/

I may be thinking of HQ and low quality differently then you both.  I don't think that the graphical artist started at as low a level of quality as in the video with in the shot, and they surely didn't have 4k or anything.  DVD quality (HQ) yea, quite likely given the time and the popular media in 1999.  VHS(SD) No way, who would do that?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was from sd source I have even vectorized a screen shot I took of a recording of a Simpsons episode that I pulled off of youtube for a class back in like 2007 or 2008. You work with what you can get when you want to make a desktop wallpaper out of something.

I may be thinking of HQ and low quality differently then you both.  I don't think that the graphical artist started at as low a level of quality as in the video within the screenshot I posted, and they surely didn't have 4k or anything.  DVD quality (HQ) yea, quite likely given the time and the popular media in 1999.  VHS(SD) No way, who would do that?

DVDs are still SD, very much still SD. They are 720x480@60i for NTSC and 720x576@50i for PAL.

From the bit of research I did I didnt find a BD release done for this anime thus far. Also early dvds were far from good quality. The screenshot you posted is likely from one and you can see the differences.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was from sd source I have even vectorized a screen shot I took of a recording of a Simpsons episode that I pulled off of youtube for a class back in like 2007 or 2008. You work with what you can get when you want to make a desktop wallpaper out of something.

Unless its from some sort of art that was produced that would be the only way to get it.

I was thinking of him , but in the end , I don't really know his motivation or his desired end-game result,we don't really know that much about him and being mysterious doesn't really help build character ,so I prefer The major.

I disagree, the major is pretty straight forward imo, he is a warmonger, the end.

Gendo and his agenda is not perfectly clear that's true but its not completely hidden, and if one pays attention to his behavior through out the story we learn a fair bit of things about him. Even more from the Manga.

The major is an odd ball for sure. Didn't really miss him though... The other henchmen were more interesting.

My turn to disagree , if he was a simple warmonger, he wouldn't have refused to become a vampire,would've just went to have his war somewhere else(like Africa or Asia) hiding in the shadows and being kinda of immortal he really has no reason to show himself like he did. He is  stubborn , dedicated and a  cunning master-puppeteer, he's an adventurer and Alucard is his final unfair boss :D

Will you explain to me Gendo's motivation and desired final result , I seemed to have missed them ?

First of.

the Major has a death wish, secondly, there is no thrill in being immortal, being close to death is his kink i guess and hunting a immortal is a challenge, a thrill! Alucard himself pretty much agrees, although Alucard was more into fighting Brave Humans, thats why he was so disappointed when the Butler turned on them and made himself a vamp and when Father Alexander decided to abandon his Humanity for some Sealed Crazy shit that made him a monster...Poor Alucard, he lost a Rival that day.

I doubt the Major would bother with Asia or any other country because the greaters threat in his life is Alucard/Hellsing, if he actually Won im sure he would be bored afterwards and would probably try and make a monster that could Rival Alucard and then fight him for the thrill.

As for Gendo

Let´s see if i remember correctly, His job in the beginning was pretty much just doing the whole Human Instrumentality Project with His wife but shit goes bad, this effects his way and he pretty much rejects people around him and behaves as we now know and on top of that he starts to develop his own agenda behind the governments back: Revive Yui because he cant get over losing her, but he ends up satisfied with just reuniting with her in death.

His obsession with his dead wife is shown pretty much right in the early parts of the show, Rei. her overall appearance is the same as Yui afterall, and if im not completely out of the loop she was suppose to be the "new body" Yep he want so far to even make Clones of his dead Wife, but yeah this backfires and ends up killing him Because Rei Choice Shinji instead of Gendo.

Although the endings differ from the Anime and Manga, Not so sure about the Rebirth movies though.

oh and about why Gendo is rejecting Shinji, well its because he dont trust himself as a father so he rather just cut connection, but for his agenda he calls Shinji back just to use him. 

So yeah, a man who lost his one love who changed his entire life, that decided to do whatever, and use whoever (including his son) so he could  get Yui back, heck even humanity goes to hell because of this.

...Now the question is if i forgot anything important or i remember incorrectly.. im sure someone will correct me.

I wish i had more debates like this :,(

wait, your asian? I always though you were some pasty white kid that was essentially skin and bones. 

Can I be Asian and also essentially skin and bones? because that's basically what I am xD 

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Just two more days!

My dice are ready...

can't believe I couldn't find a gif of Tsunade rolling dice....

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Could this be the only time RNGesus will help me win something for once ?

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

2 more days?! Thats monday for me! Ah well waiting an extra day i wont mind

Pls let me win this Linus, Gaben, and other PC Gods so i can watch hd anime in superior sound, play hd games in superior sound!

AudioMasterRace!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Only two more days?!?! There is still so much I wanted to do with my life. How could it end so soon?

you just have to accept things like this as there isnt anything you can do about it.

Lol you fools.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I don't think I deserve to win nor do I need it, so if I do I'll be giving it to a friend.Spike_Spiegel_No_Background.png

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I don't think I deserve to win nor do I need it, so if I do I'll be giving it to a friend.

If you win my portion, you probably won't. :P

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.